Hot Toys Sucker Punch....more figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes HT's figure choices are kind of odd and I believe hurt a line's chance for more figures. If Watchmen had started out with Rorschach and Nite Owl, I think the line would have had more life in it. Tron: Legacy would have got off to a better start if they could have been much farther along before the movie and started off with Quorra, Clu or Rinzler. As far as Sucker Punch goes there would have been much more excitement in the line if they followed up Baby Doll with Sweet Pea. Figures from Thor seem to have been cut short and there were several characters that would have made great characters, following Thor it would have made more sense to Loki, Sif and the Destroyer. I believe some of the ways they do decide exploit the smaller properties dooms them from the start.

:goodpost: :exactly: :clap :goodpost: :exactly: :bow

@Kara. The Terminator franchise has had at least 11 figures, i'd call that more than sufficient. In no way does that deserve another in place of a franchise thats only had two or so figures. It's not a question of sales, it's a question of balance, Terminator has already had fives times as many figures as Sucker Punch, Tron Legacy, Platoon, Watchmen & others with only two figures ect...

Last edited:
I too was hoping for a new figure to be shown at SDCC.
But remember there still is the AniCom at the end of July.
HT will most likely have a bigger display or perhaps their own booth there.
I think, if HT intends to show us more Sucker Punch figs it would not be at the SDCC where they only have limited space (and Avengers & Batman are more important in the US) but at the AniCom. The Sucker Punch figures likely have quite a pull in the Asian markets, perhaps more so than in the Western markets, due to their anime style.
Please don't give up hope yet. :pray:
BTW: Babydoll sold very well and is almost hard to get by now.

The Terminator franchise has had at least 11 figures, i'd call that more than sufficient. In no way does that deserve another in place of a franchise thats only had two or so figures. It's not a question of sales, it's a question of balance, Terminator has already had fives times as many figures as Sucker Punch, Tron Legacy, Platoon, Watchmen & others with only two figures ect...

Ehh.. I don't know. :lol

Easy money, versus.. being fair.. :dunno :lol The releases speak for themselves really - no need for second or third guessing.

Yeah, it stings - I know.. but :huh

In regards to the '..if only Sweat Pea had been offered..' comment - not thinking outside the box enough.

Diversity. Variety.

If their goal was to release two figures that are completely different from one another.. they succeeded. Different tastes - different collecting habits out there.

Not everyone wants to follow a linear collecting pattern - i.e; character A must go with character B.. so hence they should release those. It's about giving folks a selection, not ticking off fanboy lists. Sorry if that seems harsh.. :monkey3

They're testing the waters to see if folks give a crap at all, not whether they're getting the release sequence right..

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for the full lineup.
I can make the bunny-rabbit mech suit myself(And i will for Amber to pilot), but it would be great to have the rest of the gals to sit around it in the display.

I think, if HT intends to show us more Sucker Punch figs it would not be at the SDCC where they only have limited space (and Avengers & Batman are more important in the US) but at the AniCom. The Sucker Punch figures likely have quite a pull in the Asian markets, perhaps more so than in the Western markets, due to their anime style.

I'm thinking also if they are to make more
they will be anounced at AniCom or another asian con
and it does look like Baby did well

I really hope your hope pays off! your positivity is giving me some semblance of optimism! Good points as well! heres hoping with you bro!

Ehh.. I don't know. :lol

Easy money, versus.. being fair.. :dunno :lol The releases speak for themselves really - no need for second or third guessing.

Yeah, it stings - I know.. but :huh

In regards to the '..if only Sweat Pea had been offered..' comment - not thinking outside the box enough.

Diversity. Variety.

If their goal was to release two figures that are completely different from one another.. they succeeded. Different tastes - different collecting habits out there.

Not everyone wants to follow a linear collecting pattern - i.e; character A must go with character B.. so hence they should release those. It's about giving folks a selection, not ticking off fanboy lists. Sorry if that seems harsh.. :monkey3

They're testing the waters to see if folks give a crap at all, not whether they're getting the release sequence right..

great point as well. we can just pray that they care more about the line and see that we fans do care about that license even though it wasnt a commercial success, in regards to the movie. but the characters are too cool to just ignore.

Fingers crossed for the full lineup.
I can make the bunny-rabbit mech suit myself(And i will for Amber to pilot), but it would be great to have the rest of the gals to sit around it in the display.

you can make that mech suit? well bravo to you, and i would to see it when you do! but can you imagibe if hot toys ever decided to even attempt that for this line?! id just ____ on myself. but again, highly unlikely i know.

Yeah but that still isn't logicial for their making money exclusivley strategy. Making the most important character then one of the least important followed by nothing basically gurentees less sales on the second figure than if they went with a more requested character like Sweet Pea of Rocket.

If they released Captain America and then Maria Hill with no indication of doing any more then they'd hardly sell Maria Hill, but if they announced they were doing all and then made Maria Hill AFTER the main characters there'd be those who bought her for completionism.

More people would be getting Amber if they knew the whole team was coming, but since it's likely that it's only the two figures then Sweet Pea or Rocket should've come before Amber as they are more beloved characters and would've sold better.

Same thing can be applied to Watchmen, if Roschach and Nite Owl or Comedian came first then more would've gotten Silk Poectre later on to complete the team

Yeah but that still isn't logicial for their making money exclusivley strategy. Making the most important character then one of the least important followed by nothing basically gurentees less sales on the second figure than if they went with a more requested character like Sweet Pea of Rocket.

If they released Captain America and then Maria Hill with no indication of doing any more then they'd hardly sell Maria Hill, but if they announced they were doing all and then made Maria Hill AFTER the main characters there'd be those who bought her for completionism.

More people would be getting Amber if they knew the whole team was coming, but since it's likely that it's only the two figures then Sweet Pea or Rocket should've come before Amber as they are more beloved characters and would've sold better.

Same thing can be applied to Watchmen, if Roschach and Nite Owl or Comedian came first then more would've gotten Silk Poectre later on to complete the team

completely agree!

:goodpost::clap

Yea, I completly agree. Its insane to test the waters of an unestablished line with the less popular characters.

That would be like Hot Toys starting the Back to the Future line with Goldie Wilson and Loraine and using poor sales figures as proof that no one wants Marty.

With all that said; I didn't even really like this movie, but nontheless woould be down for a Rocket. Ive had a thing for Jenna Malone since I was a kid.

you can make that mech suit? well bravo to you, and i would to see it when you do! but can you imagine if hot toys ever decided to even attempt that for this line?! id just ____ on myself. but again, highly unlikely i know.

sure. It's not a difficult shape. The deco makes it look complicated but it isn't. My speciality is scratchbuilding, so i know i could pull it off.
I am hoping the "Art Of" book has schematics so i can make a master pattern for the mech suit.
Obviuosly, one would be done as the Pink Bunny.
But i think a USMC one would look cool too.
:)

You're assuming that almost everyone out there would potentially want all five of the girls, that's the kink in your argument though..

They've released the poster girl, & offered a second figure as a contrast. They're seeing what happens. I don't think your summation of the collecting populace at large is broad enough. You're right, this isn't Iron Man or Cap or whatever - it's completely niche.

There's a whole host of collecting tastes to consider - I just don't agree with your comparisons to other more established franchises & their associated collectibles, that have more specific target audiences.. :dunno

You're assuming that almost everyone out there would potentially want all five of the girls, that's the kink in your argument though..

They've released the poster girl, & offered a second figure as a contrast. They're seeing what happens. I don't think your summation of the collecting populace at large is broad enough. You're right, this isn't Iron Man or Cap or whatever - it's completely niche.

There's a whole host of collecting tastes to consider - I just don't agree with your comparisons to other more established franchises & their associated collectibles, that have more specific target audiences.. :dunno

You completely missed the point though. I'm not comparing franchises, i'm comparing character choice in terms of what'd sell best for that particular franchise.
It wouldn't make sense to originally have released Batman and then Rachel Dawes and judge the interest in the line by the sales of those two.

If they are only going to make two figures, then it doesn't make financial sense to make the main one and then instead of making the second or third main one, to make the fourth as that won't get as many sales as either the second or third most popular characters.

I didn't state people would all buy the whole team but that releasing Amber with people KNOWING that the rest are coming would give her more sales from those that are willing to go all in. or if they had made all the others and then Amber there'd be more sale of her from completionists as she's the last to go.

Sweet Pea or Rocket would've sold much better than Amber as the second and possibly last figure, that's almost undeniable.

So their decision to produce a figure that'll get less sales than two others is baffling.

I'm not getting Amber until i know the rest are coming, Without the rest she doesn't make sense on a shelf next to Babydoll as she's not as important to the story as Sweat Pea or Rocket

Last edited:
You completely missed the point though.
I've missed nothing. :lol I know exactly what you're trying to say mate..

You've just reiterated everything you said earlier, & I'm saying... I don't agree.

No problem though, as opinions vary. :)

Last edited:
They've released the poster girl, & offered a second figure as a contrast. They're seeing what happens.

What's happening, at least i'm betting what's happening, is they're making themselves less money than they could have if they picked their second figure character more wisely to what fans of the license desired

Pick a character that not as many people want over another character and you'll get not as many sales as the other :lecture

I'm buying Amber as i stated before, because i am going to build the Bunny Mech for her to sit in.
But i can only agree that Rocket and Sweet Pea i would have jumped on in a heartbeat.
It's a pity the first figure after Babydoll was Amber.
But it's still a nice figure.

What's happening, at least i'm betting what's happening, is they're making themselves less money than they could have if they picked their second figure character more wisely to what fans of the license desired

Pick a character that not as many people want over another character and you'll get not as many sales as the other :lecture
The part in bold there is purely subjective, how do you honestly know that? Unless you're getting up to the minute, global data updates on people's real time purchase history, then you don't. Forum posts & facebook comments don't equate to that.. sorry. :huh

To keep the focus with Amber & Babydoll for a moment, there are things you aren't considering - like which is the better figure of the two, for starters - & decisions made from that perspective.. not just character oriented choices. As you'd be aware, some collectors will buy one item over another, based entirely on the pros & cons associated with them - & this is where the wider demographic comes into it.

I'll also add this, it's a certainty that HT consider all variables - like any other company out there, before developing & releasing their products. It'd be great if they did all five - I agree with you there at least, but only time will.

You have your view Nova, & that's cool. I'm all for friendly discussion, but I have no desire to argue with you. You don't need to keep repeating your point - honestly, I actually got it the first time. :peace

Last edited:
I have wondered if we will see some variety in offerings once Catwoman, Iron Man Mark VII and the Hulk go up for preorder. I suppose Batman Returns stuff could be announced at any time, but we are looking at probably 9 months before we see any Iron Man 3 announcements and over a year before anything from Thor 2.

I have wondered if we will see some variety in offerings once Catwoman, Iron Man Mark VII and the Hulk go up for preorder. I suppose Batman Returns stuff could be announced at any time, but we are looking at probably 9 months before we see any Iron Man 3 announcements and over a year before anything from Thor 2.

They've got X-Men First Class, Robocop and a bunch of others. Hope they do sweet Pea at least.

Back