Hot Toys Sucker Punch....more figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the point about buying anything unless you like / want the item beforehand anyway. :lol

Would you buy a chair leg if you weren't sure the seat and the other 3 legs were going to be made available? Some things work better as a set.

Babydoll is the cushion. I can rest her on the floor and sit and enjoy, but why would I want just one leg to go with it? 4 or never mind.

Still haven't purchased Bady Doll, and probably won't. Don't care for Amber. I wanted Rocket and Sweet Pea. :( oh well hopefully I don't regret getting BD.

Would you buy a chair leg if you weren't sure the seat and the other 3 legs were going to be made available? Some things work better as a set.

Babydoll is the cushion. I can rest her on the floor and sit and enjoy, but why would I want just one leg to go with it? 4 or never mind.

They both display well together.
And if enough people commit to the two of them, then we might see the others.
I reckon based on the fact Amber came after Babydoll, if they make more, Blondie will be next. Then Rocket, then Sweetpea.
There are people out there who might not have bought Amber if she was released last. And Blondie too.
I reckon it's just a marketing ploy.

They both display well together.
And if enough people commit to the two of them, then we might see the others.
I reckon based on the fact Amber came after Babydoll, if they make more, Blondie will be next. Then Rocket, then Sweetpea.
There are people out there who might not have bought Amber if she was released last. And Blondie too.

A chair and one leg will not display well together. LOL

I don't want to sound all negative but this line is dead IMO. If HT were to make the rest I'm sure we'd seen something of the 3rd character by now. I hope I'm wrong but seems like classic HT were they give you 2 characters & call it a day. I've had it happen to me a few times now (Platoon, Watchmen, Tron) but like I said I hope I'm wrong because I know how frustrating it is.

I don't want to sound all negative but this line is dead IMO. If HT were to make the rest I'm sure we'd seen something of the 3rd character by now. I hope I'm wrong but seems like classic HT were they give you 2 characters & call it a day. I've had it happen to me a few times now (Platoon, Watchmen, Tron) but like I said I hope I'm wrong because I know how frustrating it is.

Probably. :exactly:

Who give a rat's ass about chairs? We're talking about five girls, and to my way of thinking two are better than one. :wink1:

I guess what I'm saying is, Babydoll by herself is better than Babydoll plus Amber IMO. I don't think most people would know who she was, even standing next to BD. If there were a set of 5, that would be one thing, but as much as I love my Babydoll, I'm passing on Amber at this point.

Interesting analogy.. but not everyone thinks that way. :lol

I get that all five being released, is the most logical thing - then we all have options.. but I personally just want Blondie after Amber, & I'm good - don't want the others. If they don't make anymore.. I'll be fine with Amber as my only SP figure. :)

i get how everyone sort of feels the line is dead, seeing we haven't seen any new pics or statements about any other figures, but i dunno...my gut says that it isn't. even though the movie might not have been a commercial success, you can tell there's real demand for products from this line. i have a feeling HT will revisit this line after all they're avengers and batman stuff is done. i mean there's still products being pushed out still from gentle giant and sideshow. there's obvious demand and desire...we probably just got to be patient and keep on showing HT that we still want the rest of the figures. so for those who want the rest ya'll got to buy all the figures and that includes amber or babydoll...and not just wait till they release all of them because if ya'll do that, we might not even get that far with no support for the line.

I do hope they make a Rocket. Couldn't care less about the others though. All I want is Rocket and Babydoll.

yeah i have both babydoll and amber and my line looks so weird without the other 3 girls in there with them. it just looks empty. incomplete. come on Hot Toys! lets actually finish a whole line for once.

I just don't see the point of Amber without the other 3. I love Babydoll, but I have no plans to grab Amber unless I'm doing the whole set.

:goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost: :exactly: :hi5:

This post is so full of win its unreal. Perfect analogy my friend :hi5: :1-1:

I guess what I'm saying is, Babydoll by herself is better than Babydoll plus Amber IMO. I don't think most people would know who she was, even standing next to BD. If there were a set of 5, that would be one thing, but as much as I love my Babydoll, I'm passing on Amber at this point.

:exactly:

Having Babydoll and Amber but not the others makes no sense to me, if there could only be two figures then the obvious choice is Babydoll and Sweet Pea.

It'd be like making only Iron Man and Hawkeye and leaving out the Hulk :slap :lol

I'm skipping Amber unless they make more, in which case i'll get the whole team, having Amber is fruitless without the others.

I deisagree, imo it's more likely she'd be bought by the people who have already bought her as well as those who want her to complete the team display. Without the assurance that the whole team is coming they're losing sales fromm the latter customers.

Last edited:
This movie was a failure in every sense of the word. So I doubt toys would sell much outside of Babydoll.

The problem is, Hot Toys played a gamble, and it cost them. Watchmen wasn't a hit, but they made the characters they thought would sell (in Japan). Same here.

Green Lantern won't ever get made for the same reason.

Tron didn't fail...but it didn't do well either. It wasn't the hit people wanted. And Tron toys clogged the shelves for months.

So in conclusion. Just let it go Indiana. :lol

^ movie has fans, fans who want to buy merchandise :lecture

If it didn't HT, GG, and Sideshow wouldn't have bought the license.

You don't like it which is fine, but that doesn't mean nobody does :nana:

Last edited:
^ movie has fans, fans who want to buy merchandise :lecture

If it didn't HT, GG, and Sideshow wouldn't have bought the license.

You don't like it which is fine, but that doesn't mean nobody does :nana:

You didn't get my point.

They can't make a profit on a few people.

Avengers will sell. Dark Knight will sell. Green Lantern the movie will not sell.

You didn't get my point.

They can't make a profit on a few people.

Avengers will sell. Dark Knight will sell. Green Lantern the movie will not sell.

Who says it won't sell, you and HT don't know unless they actually make them!

Expendables 2 didn't make a billion bucks at the box office nor was it expected to, doesn't mean there aren't enough fans and sales to warrant them making figures from it.

Same can be said for every licenses that isn't a mega huge blockbuster with built in fans.

Sideshow is making the Malgus PF, they could've just done another sure seller OT character instead but they didn't, and people are psyched for that piece.

Sideshow is also making a Babydoll PF when they could've stuck to more of the same, they had a reason and i bet that reason is because there's a market for it.

How can a license become successful if it isn't utilized? If hot toys gave up on Batman after two figs then they wouldn't have made money from it.

There's a reason for the expression, Spend money to make money.

For hot toys that translates to "Don't spend money making much from Sucker Punch or Expendables or other such licenses you won't make much money from them"

I'm not saying it's a sure bet money maker for them but saying there's obviously a fanbase out there and it's worth taking a calculated risk making more figures.

Is Amber's 'Mech' available at the moment - in any scale?

I'm not sure but i think there is somewhere

Last edited:
Who says it won't sell, you and HT don't know unless they actually make them!

Expendables 2 didn't make a billion bucks at the box office nor was it expected to, doesn't mean there aren't enough fans and sales to warrant them making figures from it.

Same can be said for every licenses that isn't a mega huge blockbuster with built in fans.

Sideshow is making the Malgus PF, they could've just done another sure seller OT character instead but they didn't, and people are psyched for that piece.

Sideshow is also making a Babydoll PF when they could've stuck to more of the same, they had a reason and i bet that reason is because there's a market for it.

How can a license become successful if it isn't utilized? If hot toys gave up on Batman after two figs then they wouldn't have made money from it.

There's a reason for the expression, Spend money to make money.

For hot toys that translates to "Don't spend money making much from Sucker Punch or Expendables or other such licenses you won't make much money from them"

I'm not saying it's a sure bet money maker for them but saying there's obviously a fanbase out there and it's worth taking a calculated risk making more figures.

I'm not sure but i think there is somewhere

OK but no. A low edition product based off something unpopular can sell.

That would be the only way. But you can't just make things based off unsuccessful properties. You just can't.

You don't seem to understand that these licenses cost money. Sucker Punch wasn't free. And making the figures isn't free either.

There might be a fan base, but since the movie is almost universally hated, critically panned, and flopped, why would you want to make products for that? There's no logic.

There's fanboy logic. "I want this, and I know people who want this, so they should make this."

I want Equlibrium figures. That movie is a cult flick. It's not well known, flopped at the box office, and I don't think it was well recived.
I understand that making figures for that would be a waste of money. They might sell if you make them an exclusive, or low edition numbers yes. But like I said. That's it.

You're thinking with your heart. Not your head.

Iron Man, and Batman have always sold. Predators have always sold. They keep making them, because they make money.

Now, you brought up the idea of testing the waters. Testing the waters is a gamble. Especially for a company that also caters to another country.

People in the US would've probably latched onto Rocket, or Sweet Pea. But in Japan, the obvious choice would be Amber.

Same with Watchmen. Perhaps Rorschach isn't as interesting to Japanese people. They prefer the women. And The Comedian. Who knows.

All I know is this. Logic sells. Not fandom. McFarlane asked the message board what figure do they want to see made. The answer was Candyman. You know what the biggest peg warmer of all time, in the history of McFarlane Toys was, a figure that sat on the pegs for the better part of 5 years? Candyman.

So there you go.

Back