Hot Toys Sucker Punch....more figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wah

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, first time poster here. I just had a quick question for anyone who can answer it. Does anyone know if Hot Toys is planning on releasing the 3 other girls (Blondie, Sweet Pea, and Rocket) or are they only making Babydoll and Amber? Sure hope they do them all, as it would suck if I can't finish this line. Thanks for any info.

We don't know, i agree it'll suck if they make two out of five.

The only info we've had on that front is that they said in passing in an interview that if Babydoll and Amber sell well they'll be more inclned to make the others.

( P.S :welcome1: to the board )

Last edited:
Yeah, not sure why they didn't in the first place. I was hoping that someone would post a pic from the SDCC to see at least some trace of a Sweet Pea, Rocket or Blondie figure from HTs, but I didn't see any hint of that :(

That would totally blow if they don't finish this line! I'm new to collecting Hot Toys, so do they have a history of just doing this, meaning not finishing lines like this? I was also hoping to see some sort of news regarding the sucker punch line by Hot Toys, so disappointed. These two figures were my first 2 by hot toys, and to not to be able to finish it is so frustrating!

I'm new to collecting Hot Toys, so do they have a history of just doing this, meaning not finishing lines like this?
Yes, something that bugs a lot of people. Unless your favorite movies are Iron Man or Batman related, you can never feel completely safe that Hot Toys is going to dig too deeply into your line of choice.

That would totally blow if they don't finish this line! I'm new to collecting Hot Toys, so do they have a history of just doing this, meaning not finishing lines like this? I was also hoping to see some sort of news regarding the sucker punch line by Hot Toys, so disappointed. These two figures were my first 2 by hot toys, and to not to be able to finish it is so frustrating!

Yes, Hot Toys is notorious for not completing a line. For instance, we only got Chris Taylor and Sgt. Barnes from the Platoon line. What's worse is they had showed Elias and Lerner as next Platoon releases, which never materialized. :slap

I gave up waiting for Elias long ago.

I think it is DONE. Sell out of the two figures doesn't mean HT will invest more money and time on new SP figures. They have way too much to move onto now. They can invest the same money/time on an IM or Batman figure and sell 5X as many...

they did the same with the watchman line---------
they know how to start------just the end is where they screw up on-------

it just seems crazy to me that they wouldn't just complete a line if they started one. makes no sense. maybe im not thinking of it in business terms but only as a collector. i mean these characters are popular. they sell. what could be the possible issue here? i guess im just venting. im sure you guys are all right, im just wishful thinking. guess they dont are if the collectors have incomplete collections in their lines.

The Watchmen fans only got the Comedian and Silk Specter out of Hot Toys. I would be great if they did finish the whole line, but don't hold your breath.

it just seems crazy to me that they wouldn't just complete a line if they started one. makes no sense. maybe im not thinking of it in business terms but only as a collector. i mean these characters are popular. they sell. what could be the possible issue here? i guess im just venting. im sure you guys are all right, im just wishful thinking. guess they dont are if the collectors have incomplete collections in their lines.

Unfortunately they stick to the same 3-4 franchises and only do 1-2 figures from other ones they pick up (often one of those figures not being a must have) and then drop it & continue with the cashcows.

It sucks for those of us who want new franchises getting a decent amount of figures, but nothing seems to break the recycling circle :dunno

Sucker Punch
Tron Legacy
Watchmen

3 marketing disasters.

You forgot The Spirit
You can also add Blade to the list.
They only made Blade and Abigail.
They could have made so many more IMO.
They'd rather produce more Batman and Iron Man figures over and over then finish a line that only a handful like.
I'd love if they finished the line.
Who know's maybe they'll do what they're doing with Angelica from POTC
If she sells well,HT MIGHT make a Barbosa figure!

Biggest WTF out there is police assault T-800 from Terminator. Because unlike the other lines they haven't finished (sad but true guys--look in your heart, you know this to be true), this is one that would sell like hot cakes. I figure it's coming because of the 1/4 scale figure announcement, but it's sure taking long enough.

Sometimes HT's figure choices are kind of odd and I believe hurt a line's chance for more figures. If Watchmen had started out with Rorschach and Nite Owl, I think the line would have had more life in it. Tron: Legacy would have got off to a better start if they could have been much farther along before the movie and started off with Quorra, Clu or Rinzler. As far as Sucker Punch goes there would have been much more excitement in the line if they followed up Baby Doll with Sweet Pea. Figures from Thor seem to have been cut short and there were several characters that would have made great characters, following Thor it would have made more sense to Loki, Sif and the Destroyer. I believe some of the ways they do decide exploit the smaller properties dooms them from the start.

Back