Hot Toys Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the deal. Hot Toys for all intents and purposes IS NOT taking over the Star Wars 1/6 line. Its a license to print money for all intents and purposes if its done right, the best we have is a collaboration of sorts.

The facts are:
-They've wanted to do Star Wars for years.
-They are in close collaboration with Sideshow which leaves the door open.
-Sideshow has said that they aren't going back to redo characters.
-Hot Toys mainly sells in the Asian markets which means their competition would be Medicom not Sideshow.
-Medicom recently joined up with Enterbay to produce figures so this kind of collaboration would be the same deal.

What does this most likely mean? That HT if they are making Star Wars figures will probably do characters that Sideshow has done therefore giving the fans a "redo" unofficially with better tech without stepping on the toes of past fans and while not putting their own line in any direct competition.

I wouldn't be surprised is ROTJ Luke which was SSC's first wouldn't be HT's first.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they do an ROTJ Vader since Sideshow did an ANH one.

in my minds eye, i can see it already. they announce the specs and pics of both RoTJ vader and luke. amongst those pics is a pic of luke and vader standing back to back and another one with them engaged in battle.

MIND'S will be BLOWN.

Actually I want the human characters done by HT.
The talent of their sculptors, manufacturing process and paint apps all put together are what make their figures stand out above all else.
Sideshow has amazing talent working for them as well, but they are often let down by the production paint apps and sometimes poor quality.
Aliens and armored characters are done quite well by Sideshow.

Terrific news! I hope they lead off with ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan and then knock the core OT characters out of the park immediately after.

Then acquire the LOTR license and we're set!

Terrific news! I hope they lead off with ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan and then knock the core OT characters out of the park immediately after.

Then acquire the LOTR license and we're set!

Oh, man. If that happened I would be in 1/6 scale heaven.

Hoping for a good Slave Liea to go with my Jabba set up. Hmmm, with HT's quality, could be the best Slave Leia collectible ever. Throw in a Chewie with real fur and i'm one happy camper.

:lol:lol:lol
this thread is funny. now all the HT fanboy Riff Raff are invading the SW section? it's pandamonium.:panic:

Everytime I read or hear this phrase all I can think of is WWF announcer Gorrilla Monsoon.

s_b289ab2a11974e84ae47521d333877f1.jpg

they won't know whether to scratch their watch or wind their butt..........:panic:

Source?

See current Sideshow/HT collaborative releases. That's harder evidence than the creampies spewed from a sentence on HT's FB page. ;)

What nam said.

No prequel characters, Hot Toys. :mad:

Then you're really not making a star wars line making this line a fail.

I hope to god they stick with the Classic Characters for this line.

Glad you just paint. A line like sw, lotr, etc has so many characters not trying to do them all is again fail.

I just hope people don't get all pissed off and take it personally if it turns out to be Cosbabies or more Chubbies.

All they said was The Force is Strong with us.
Seems strange to make a big announcement about Indy and then make some off the cuff remark about Star Wars. Hot Toys have downplayed it, so should we, if we don't want to get dissapionted

Even if it turns out be Cosbabies or Chubbies, response from the 1:6 community would have prompted people at SW licensing to give a serious considerion letting HT be inolved.

I'd rather it be a sideshow hit toys ultimate type thing with dx versions of the big three ( and a couple others- rots anakin) rather than a new competing line
I like sideshow and don't want their line to finish because of another line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back