Hot Toys Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely not going to rebuy any figures except for any Han Solos that HT does.

But most likely HT will only make droids, etc, like Josh said. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for HT quality droids.

In the past when its been a figure announced by HT, but in collaboration with Sideshow it's just been a figure that HT made under the license Sideshow holds.

Whereas, when Sideshow has a figure in collaboration with HT the body has been from HT.

I'm of two minds on this; I'd love HT quality figures in my collection... but also do not want to replace all of my Sideshow figures :huh

Agreed. And with HT prices there's no way I'll be a completist.

I'm definitely not going to rebuy any figures except for any Han Solos that HT does.

But most likely HT will only make droids, etc, like Josh said. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for HT quality droids.

I certainly hope that Grievous is at the top of that list.

If they are saying "breathtaking" and Star Wars in the same sentence then I'm guessing we'll be getting a Hot Toys Darth Vader real soon.

:bunnydanc

It will probably be better than SS Vader, actually way better, and SS's pieces is very nice. This has me eagerly anticipating it. Heck, imagine a Boba, Vader, Leia & Luke in HT quality? :hi5:

Still hoping for HT human figs. SS does decent enough with armored and creature. That said, I not getting my hopes up too high that it is nothing more than a collaborative effort on chewie or the droids. Exciting to hope for greater things......

Still hoping for HT human figs. SS does decent enough with armored and creature. That said, I not getting my hopes up too high that it is nothing more than a collaborative effort on chewie or the droids. Exciting to hope for greater things......
Hot Toys Han Solo would be one of the centerpieces of my collection, for sure. Especially if they also do a Chewbacca.

Good thing I sold my Medicom Han Solo and never bothered with Sideshows... c'mon HT :rock

Boba and Darth will probably be bought as well...

Ahem.

17917-550x-5-Matrix_Sentinel.jpg

I love this piece......small, but crazy detailed!

As for Star Wars, Hot Toys could easily do: Chewie, droids, cool armored figures....and Trevor does awesome sculpts, but they are ruined by subpar production paint

Hot Toys Han Solo would be one of the centerpieces of my collection, for sure. Especially if they also do a Chewbacca.

Yup. I would be happy with original cast Luke, Han, Leia, Ben, Chewie and let SS have everything else. Allows HT to keep the lineup small and SS keeping the majority of the license.

Yup. I would be happy with original cast Luke, Han, Leia, Ben, Chewie and let SS have everything else.
I would expand that a bit (versions of those characters from each film, Lando, maybe an X-Wing pilot). But yeah, I think Sideshow is doing fine with the armored characters and lesser monsters.

What Star Wars figures from HT would you like?

Fine, so nothing's official, it's only a line in their ad for ROTLA, we really don't know what HT have got up their sleeves... but just for the fun of it, let's do this for the umpteenth time:

What would be your top five wish list for HT SW figures?
Here's mine:

- ROTS Anakin Skywalker
- ROTJ Darth Vader (I like ANH better, but ESB just has much more potential for a HT figure, with light-up parts, reveal head sculpt, damaged arm etc...)
- ROTJ Luke Skywalker (he's just the most iconic to me...)
- ESB Han Solo (perfect for a DX release with different outfits)
- Chewie

Re: What Star Wars figures from HT would you like?

This could, and is, just being discussed in the already speculative HT SW thread.

Re: What Star Wars figures from HT would you like?

This could, and is, just being discussed in the already speculative HT SW thread.

Agreed... Let's keep the discussion in one place folks (until we, hopefully soon, get an official announcement of the first release).

hmmm...
- ANH Han Solo
- ROTJ Luke Skywalker
- ROTJ Slave Leia w/R2-D2
- Chewie
- Darth Vader
- Boba Fett

- ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Sith)
- ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi
- AOTC Padme (Arena Battle)

This would be very good news if it turns out to be true.
My top 3
Vader VI
Luke VI
Grievous

I can't see HT doing what Sideshow has done, but I can see them releasing characters like Chewie and Grievous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back