Hot Toys Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Give me a HT Chewie and I'll be happy!

If they announce other figures that Sideshow has already done, wait to see how cheap the SS figures will be selling on Ebay.

$10 Luke and Han's anybody?

This:

yoda_luke_esb.jpg

Without expectations surrounding HT teaser, my list of HT wants.

Ultimate: ANH Luke, Han, Leia, Ben, Chewie

Cool to have (all human except Vader): Vader (any version), Anakin (ROTS), Luke (Bespin, X wing, Hoth or Jedi), Han (Hoth), Lando (Bespin)

SS can keep the droids, creatures, armored and bounty hunters.

... wait a minute ...

I need to read more slowly - just realized I missed the bottom part ...

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH US

That's a hell of a tease man.

Depending on what they show in a couple weeks, a lot of people may be "upgrading" their collections.

Upgrading by one figure a year.

I just hope people don't get all pissed off and take it personally if it turns out to be Cosbabies or more Chubbies.

All they said was The Force is Strong with us.
Seems strange to make a big announcement about Indy and then make some off the cuff remark about Star Wars. Hot Toys have downplayed it, so should we, if we don't want to get dissapionted

Wow! If they did get the SW license, they release a figure every other month...for the next 100 years and I'm sure they won't run out of characters anytime soon!

I just hope people don't get all pissed off and take it personally if it turns out to be Cosbabies or more Chubbies.

It's inevitable. People don't change, only when they want to but when they get so intrenched in their ways it becomes nasty.

my wish list:
RotJ Luke - endor gear included (i'm banking on this, it's HT's afterall.)
RotJ Vader - self explanatory. severed hand, additional dirty helmet. light up chest box.
RoTJ Han - endor gear included. two expressions. one serious, one smirking.
Chewie...any version will be fine.

if HTs DXes them up, hey, i ain't gonna complain.

All they said was The Force is Strong with us.
Seems strange to make a big announcement about Indy and then make some off the cuff remark about Star Wars. Hot Toys have downplayed it, so should we, if we don't want to get dissapionted

Totally agree. Certain some folks will be disappointed if HT announcement is a collaboration of sorts and no official SW license.

Pure speculation and fun on my part what could be. Not really vested until something becomes official. However, until HT confirms or denies I will have fun with it building the hysteria. No worries.....

Here is the deal. Hot Toys for all intents and purposes IS NOT taking over the Star Wars 1/6 line. Its a license to print money for all intents and purposes if its done right, the best we have is a collaboration of sorts.

The facts are:
-They've wanted to do Star Wars for years.
-They are in close collaboration with Sideshow which leaves the door open.
-Sideshow has said that they aren't going back to redo characters.
-Hot Toys mainly sells in the Asian markets which means their competition would be Medicom not Sideshow.
-Medicom recently joined up with Enterbay to produce figures so this kind of collaboration would be the same deal.

What does this most likely mean? That HT if they are making Star Wars figures will probably do characters that Sideshow has done therefore giving the fans a "redo" unofficially with better tech without stepping on the toes of past fans and while not putting their own line in any direct competition.

I wouldn't be surprised is ROTJ Luke which was SSC's first wouldn't be HT's first.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they do an ROTJ Vader since Sideshow did an ANH one.

You guys are forgetting the Hot Toy's Terminator 2 figures. That was a collaboration between SS and HT because SS hold's the license. SS had done their lesser versions and then let HT do theirs. It could be the same thing with SW. Let HT do the main iconic characters.

There is big money to be made here and SS will get a nice chunk of it I'm sure. That's all any business cares about. SS know's our standards are now well beyond what they can produce and are giving us a chance to get HT quality versions of the big characters.

At least that's what I hope is going on. It is for sure with Indiana Jones, why not Star Wars as well.

That HT if they are making Star Wars figures will probably do characters that Sideshow has done therefore giving the fans a "redo" unofficially with better tech without stepping on the toes of past fans and while not putting their own line in any direct competition.

No doubt SS wasn't giving up the cash cow however, HT makes 1:6 scale SW figures, I am in. Based on your logic I am golden for all but one on my list (ANH Luke, Han, Leia, Ben but no Chewie). Sign me up :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back