Hot Toys Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I now get where you guys are coming from. Sorry about that, I just got so freakin excited. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Hot Toys making Star Wars 1:6 figures will have pros and cons.

Pros:
- high quality figures
- the face sculpts and paint apps will be in most cases above SS quality
- articulation on figures would beat the one on SS figures

Cons:
- high price (but SS is getting close to HT prices)
- not too many niche characters alas

And I would totally love HT Star Wars toys!! :clap

FYI guys, it doesn't say anything on their Facebook page about Star Wars. This is just more fanboy creampie crap. :lol

Hence, why I put the "?" in the thread title. I really hope that they're just using that phrase half-heartedly and are unknowingly jerking our chain.

I came here expecting some n00b to be like "Hey, what if Hot Toys made Star Warz!!!11eleventy"

and yeah, craziness. . . in a good way.

Hot Toys making Star Wars figures will have pros and cons.

Pros:
- high quality figures
- the face sculpts and paint apps will be in most cases above SS quality
- articulation on figures would beat the one on SS figures

Cons:
- high price (but SS is getting close to HT prices)
- not too many niche characters alas

Still I would love HT Star Wars toys!! :clap

Actually, HT has LESS articulation, especially with the newer bodies. ;)

Hence, why I put the "?" in the thread title. I really hope that their just using that phrase half-heartedly and are unknowingly jerking our chain.

They might very well be. I wouldn't get those hopes up too high. Again, I think it'll be something like Chewbacca and/or the droids. Not the license.

Yeah, and that means everything. Just like the last teaser with the spoon meant the Matrix to everyone. Look how pissed off they got when it wasn't! :lol :lol

I wasn't keeping up with that, what did that spoon represent?

... wait a minute ...

I need to read more slowly - just realized I missed the bottom part ...

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH US

That's a hell of a tease man.

Depending on what they show in a couple weeks, a lot of people may be "upgrading" their collections.

Yeah, and they put that quote in all caps too just to scream they've got the Star Wars license. A full, official announcement probably won't come down until early 2011 but you just know one's coming.

I wasn't keeping up with that, what did that spoon represent?

An obscure license from a Japanese comic.

Yeah, and they put that quote in all caps too just to scream they've got the Star Wars license. A full, official announcement probably won't come down until early 2011 but you just know one's coming.

Once again, for the cheap seats. That license belongs to Hasbro. Not Sideshow. ;)

I must have incredible luck. The pro bodies I've gotten from SS have been just fine. As far as sculpts SS has been pretty good there as well.

My SS stormies won't hold a simple pose without their stands. Except the Commander which is ok, but not great. The Sandtroopers are a bit better but with the weight of the backpack they also need a stand. Vader stands on his own, same with Praji and Piett so no problems there.

With HT commiting in so many licenses even if they do get SW, I would see them producing maybe 3 figures a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back