1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Vice Admiral Holdo - SPECULATION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she come with a condescending air of smugness or is that only in the deluxe edition?

I liked TLJ overall but didn't care for the look of her character. It seemed a little too "Hunger Games" for me and while I like the actress and the character itself, the look just didn't resonate with me...

I really like her character, and I understand why they chose to give her a very feminine, soft look. But I agree that she had a Hunger Games vibe that didn't seem quite right. I think it's the hair more than anything. Not so much the style as the color. I would have gone with platinum blonde or silver.

And for the record, I would definitely buy a figure of her despite my reservations about the hair color.

Gotta say, the hair looked a tad lame. I understand a book explained the hair, but not reading a book for hair origin story.

Was the book explanation stating pink hair was chosen to really piss off those male star wars nerds and that its KK's favorite color?

Maybe thats the next movie.

Pink Hair: A Star Wars Story

They could get Pink to direct it and sing the sound track too. Dilly Dilly!

We have lift off.....

giphy.gif

Well let's just see how much sway Kennedy has over HT. If this gets a figure but not Krennic (a far superior character in a far superior film, not to mention the main antagonist and creator of the Death Star) I would say HT is completely at their mercy.

The Rotten Tomatoes freefall is real and pretty telling.

I know this thread is probably just for some more dumb TLJ jokes, but I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Laura Dern is amazing. And I thought Holdo was great. She pretty much saves the Resistance and she looked good doing it. I know having a military leader in a gown really plays with the minds of some of the guys on here who like to yuck it up about various female character's breast sizes, but I thought that was pretty cool. If we can get Belle from Beauty and the Beast, why not this?

I know this thread is probably just for some more dumb TLJ jokes, but I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Laura Dern is amazing. And I thought Holdo was great. She pretty much saves the Resistance and she looked good doing it. I know having a military leader in a gown really plays with the minds of some of the guys on here who like to yuck it up about various female character's breast sizes, but I thought that was pretty cool. If we can get Belle from Beauty and the Beast, why not this?

Nah, she only saved the main characters and Mark Hamill's childrens.

Her role is somewhat important in the movie, but kinda forgettable, but what I dislike is the overuse of women in the film. It's like Disney or Kathleen Kennedy trying to prove a point.

If they do make this figure in all seriousness it ought to come with an alternate swappable Kathleen Kennedy head sculpt since the character was Kennedy projecting her own self-image on the Star Wars stage in the form of Dern.

Yeah all those years of Kathleen getting Speilberg’s and Lucas’ gopher did a number for sure. She’s wrecking the franchise and in the back of her mind thinking
“Who’s the gopher now *****? Get your own damn coffee!”

All those years of angst and frustration coming through with many of her questionable choices for ideas, stories and casting.

Yeah all those years of Kathleen getting Speilberg’s and Lucas’ gopher did a number for sure.

Well, she's going right back to being basically Spielberg and Lucas' assistant when they start Indy 5. "I need this, I need this" and she does it.

No wonder she has fun on the side by firing dweeb male directors or axing Ackbar from his established position.

What is the explanation? I didn’t think she was dying it...

I figure it was something to do with her race...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, I'm not saying it'd sell well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back