1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Vice Admiral Holdo - SPECULATION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the explanation? I didn’t think she was dying it...

I figure it was something to do with her race...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She dyed it because she's rebellious and likes to stand out. (In a galaxy of alien creatures no less.)

Not that I want the stories of these films to be slaves to the toy line but I'm pretty shocked that they didn't even remotely *try* to give Holdo an "action figure friendly" look.

Not that I want the stories of these films to be slaves to the toy line but I'm pretty shocked that they didn't even remotely *try* to give Holdo an "action figure friendly" look.

Sometimes though, that works great. Better checks and balances.
Leia also went from military to more "ballroom dance" look for this flick as well which boggled me.

She dyed it because she's rebellious and likes to stand out. (In a galaxy of alien creatures no less.)

No. No NO

That’s not true....that’s impossible.

If you read the Leia novel, her hair was blue with orange tips.

Say whaaaat?

Best-Carrie-Fisher-Princess-Leia-GIFs-From-Star-Wars.jpg

As the base for a conversion to Diane from Twin Peaks: The Return?

Yeah, still no.

I know this thread is probably just for some more dumb TLJ jokes, but I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Laura Dern is amazing. And I thought Holdo was great. She pretty much saves the Resistance and she looked good doing it. I know having a military leader in a gown really plays with the minds of some of the guys on here who like to yuck it up about various female character's breast sizes, but I thought that was pretty cool. If we can get Belle from Beauty and the Beast, why not this?

Yes. Thank you.

Nah, she only saved the main characters and Mark Hamill's childrens.

Her role is somewhat important in the movie, but kinda forgettable, but what I dislike is the overuse of women in the film. It's like Disney or Kathleen Kennedy trying to prove a point.

I can’t believe how many men were put in leadership roles. They even let them command ships and fire weapons. Who do they think they are? It’s like they’re trying to prove something.

I know this thread is probably just for some more dumb TLJ jokes, but I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Laura Dern is amazing. And I thought Holdo was great. She pretty much saves the Resistance and she looked good doing it. I know having a military leader in a gown really plays with the minds of some of the guys on here who like to yuck it up about various female character's breast sizes, but I thought that was pretty cool. If we can get Belle from Beauty and the Beast, why not this?

:lol

And that... as they say, is the main thing.:lecture

What is the explanation? I didn’t think she was dying it...

I figure it was something to do with her race...

No, the official explanation is she likes to dye her hair.

... even when the Resistance is down to its last couple of ships, dwindling personnel are desperate/dying, and all resources are at zero. Fortunately, the Day Spa Frigate was one of those remaining ships, and the stocks of purple hair dye were available, along with time to use it, style/cut the hair, dry clean the fragile ball gown, touch up the make-up... and boom...

Ready to be a military leader!

No. No NO

That’s not true....that’s impossible.

‘Holdo had blue eyes and light-colored skin, and she was tall. In her youth, Holdo became disinterested with the peaceful culture of her homeworld, so she expressed herself by dyeing her hair vibrant colors, wearing vibrantly-colored clothing, and going on daring escapades. Holdo also enjoyed studying astrology, and she was knowledgeable of the galaxy. Organa found Holdo to be insightful and charming, but also irritating at times.’

Taken directly from: https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Amilyn_Holdo

This is the short form synopsis as per her creator.

Rose or Holdo. Rose or Holdo. I want the most boring character from the SW universe and i can't make up my mind.

‘Holdo had blue eyes and light-colored skin, and she was tall. In her youth, Holdo became disinterested with the peaceful culture of her homeworld, so she expressed herself by dyeing her hair vibrant colors, wearing vibrantly-colored clothing, and going on daring escapades. Holdo also enjoyed studying astrology, and she was knowledgeable of the galaxy. Organa found Holdo to be insightful and charming, but also irritating at times.’

Taken directly from: https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Amilyn_Holdo

This is the short form synopsis as per her creator.

Who writes this stuff?:slap:lol

That calamari cruiser was my favourite ship. Didn't like her suiciding with it.

Totally agree.

The way I took her character was that she didn't look the part of a great war Admiral because she was so glam, which is also shown by Poe's initial reaction and judgement of her. Then she shows that not only did she have a good plan, but when the chips were down she did everything she could, including sacrificing herself, for the good of her group. Basically, don't judge a book by it's cover (or gender).

Totally agree.

The way I took her character was that she didn't look the part of a great war Admiral because she was so glam, which is also shown by Poe's initial reaction and judgement of her. Then she shows that not only did she have a good plan, but when the chips were down she did everything she could, including sacrificing herself, for the good of her group. Basically, don't judge a book by it's cover (or gender).

Why not just tell Poe the plan? He was a commander after all and let's face it, apparently one of the few resistance troops remaining. Why continue to let him feel they were committing suicide? And if weaponizing hyper space/drives was such a great plan why were the OT rebels not constantly bombarding large Imperial ships with kamikaze spacecraft and bailing out on escape pods? And for fun I'll again ask why Holdo usurps Ackbar? Especially considering the resistance now numbers about 50 or less, yet Poe has never met Holdo and seems to barely know who she is:lol

I'm not trying to take this out on you Lu but the more I think about the movie, the more I absolutely hate it.

Why not just tell Poe the plan? He was a commander after all and let's face it, apparently one of the few resistance troops remaining. Why continue to let him feel they were committing suicide? And if weaponizing hyper space/drives was such a great plan why were the OT rebels not constantly bombarding large Imperial ships with kamikaze spacecraft and bailing out on escape pods? And for fun I'll again ask why Holdo usurps Ackbar? Especially considering the resistance now numbers about 50 or less, yet Poe has never met Holdo and seems to barely know who she is:lol

I'm not trying to take this out on you Lu but the more I think about the movie, the more I absolutely hate it.

No worries. I'm aware of the complaints about the movie. But personally I don't see any of those plot holes as any different or insurmountable than any other action movie, including other SW movies.

Who knows why Holdo didn't say anything. At that point Holdo didn't know or trust Poe. Or as a veteran Admiral, her style was always to bark orders without explanation and expect her crew to simply execute. But that kind of thing is a typical movie trope so I'm used to just going with it.

And the hyperdrive thing, obviously no one (including no other filmmaker!) had come up with it before, otherwise we would have seen it in previous SW movies! :wink1:

I'll stop here since I've been making a concerted effort to stay out of the LJ movie thread so I don't get drawn in to the debate! :)

Last edited:
Totally agree.

Being in the military myself, that's not really how it works at all. The opposite actually.

Also, don't make this a SJW gender thing. Leia is a woman and no one hates her. Holdo is just a crap character.

You don't want to "subvert expectations" when you are in command. You want everyone to know and feel that you are both in charge and credible to lead as soon as you walk in the room. Otherwise you end up with exactly what you saw in the movie; disillusioned followers who aren't going to be motivated to follow your orders.

That's why the military has standards of dress and appearance, and exactly why we don't allow this kind of nonsense in the real military. It encourages discipline and gives everyone regardless of rank a common mindset to relate to each other on.

Having spent years studying real leadership, Holdo was every single example of what not to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back