Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have one, but I see more value there than in the Leia figure...

Hard to tell...

ST has all the armor/under-suit, but no face that needs to be painted. Is the plastic armor and the small amount of paint on the armor equal to the cost of the limited outfit and face paint of Leia?

No clue but it certainly looks like $200 is the base price for HT now.

:idea It would be awesome if they made a miniature Death Star, maybe the size of that interrogation droid accessory. And then we could place it in front of the Falcon cockpit so we can see it in the window

Just got my second Stormtrooper last night (many thanks to Darkseed). Originally I thought 2 of these guys flanking Vader would look great but now suddenly I'm think 4 would be even better! This is the part in collecting where things go horribly awry.

:idea It would be awesome if they made a miniature Death Star, maybe the size of that interrogation droid accessory. And then we could place it in front of the Falcon cockpit so we can see it in the window
Hm, sort of like Veronica that they're making for Hulkbuster. :p Could have it magnetically floating and everything.

Just got my second Stormtrooper last night (many thanks to Darkseed). Originally I thought 2 of these guys flanking Vader would look great but now suddenly I'm think 4 would be even better! This is the part in collecting where things go horribly awry.
Settled on four, myself, and know what you mean. :monkey2

I would love to get more of these but have to save space and money for the rest of the figures I want.

....I've seen these in person at my local high end collectable store, and while impressive, I do not see these as a $200.00 upgrade over the two SS stormtroopers I invested in several years back.

The Sideshow Stormtrooper wasn't fit to shine the HT Stormtroopers' shoes.

So I put him back in his box and exiled him to the attic. :devil

The Stormtrooper is gone from the figure list. That means is sold out? gone for good? I was thinking about a second one myself.

Wow. Four. Am I prematurely excited about securing two of them?
Well, to be specific, I'm grabbing a two-pack (that'll be here next month), plus two Spacetroopers. So don't have to worry about them until January or so.

The single trooper is now on the waitlist. I had to google it for the sideshow page to show up. I got on the wait list. Here is the link:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-stormtrooper-hot-toys-902292/
Yep, anything that goes waitlist goes to Sideshow's "Product Archive" and has to be searched via that feature on their webpage. Option's in one of the columns at the bottom of their homepage.

Last edited:
When something goes on waitlist and is still displayed in the current product line-up, it's likely you'll get a conversion. The product may even make it back in stock (armory, bat signal). When it's removed and placed into the archive, it's much less likely. It's a sign that Sideshow don't really want/need more people on the waitlist.

Looks like I'll have to find another way to get a second Trooper.

Well maybe if they didn't have them all guarding that stupid, soft detailed, ESB Version, not to scale, not for sale, foam board, piece of crap display Falcon, I'd be able to order another one.

2237.jpg

Impressive my butt. Impressive waste of $200 a pop Stormies is what this is.

WTF, that was fast that SS ran out already, usually we get a few good months of product being available. Guess the after market prices are going to sky rocket now. Glad I got Two 2 packs.

Hmmm... Wait-listed all over again... "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Darth_IMPoor again."

WTF, that was fast that SS ran out already,

They joined everyone else. ;)

Guess the after market prices are going to sky rocket now.

What do you mean "now?" Every now and then you can find one for close to retail on eBay (understandable since selling charges are at least 12.5% for most sellers, up to 15% for some), but some are asking close to $400 for a single and close to $600 for a 2-pack.

BBTS still has 2-packs in stock, but I've already got one short trooper and no money, so that doesn't help me. ;)

There's still two versions I know they can fall back on, TK-421 (or a 2-pack with his partner TK-422?) and a 2.0.
Otherwise I hope there's a third batch. I still haven't got mine since I preordered locally, and live at the end of the world.
I dwelled too long on a $300 2-pack sale and they were gone so fast last week./

For 300 I would have bought another 2-pack without thinking. I paid about 440 locally. They are sold out completely over here now both single and 2-pack.

Back