Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for me to post one of those questions that's no doubt already been answered and that I should already know...

My Google-Fu appears to be weak today, hampered further by the fact my board page length causes most search links to bring back the wrong results.

Can anyone link to specific posts showing the short and tall bodies torn down? I'd like to see (again) precisely where the differences are on these guys just in case I end up having to make a tall figure from a short or visa versa.

Black Ops Toys has broken down the entire set, including both bodies sans armor. You can see photos here:

Hot Toys - - Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope Stormtrooper Body

Hot Toys - - Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope Stormtrooper Body (Short)

Thanks. The bodies look completely different from in those two images.

One is a reg body and one is a short body. Slender parts on both to compensate for the armor. But you knew that.

The different heights are not a result of simply long or short feet pegs if that was what you were hoping. I know I was originally.

One is a reg body and one is a short body. Slender parts on both to compensate for the armor. But you knew that.

I didn't know the chest pieces were completely different.

The different heights are not a result of simply long or short feet pegs if that was what you were hoping. I know I was originally.

I wasn't really hoping for anything in particular, I just wanted to see the definitive differences, because I don't remember them all being mentioned/discussed here earlier.

Still not sure what to to. I think trying to sell the short trooper from the 2-pack to make back at least half the purchase would be a PITA. If I buy the 2-pack I'll then have two short troopers because I traded my single tall for a short when I planned to get two singles. Still leaning to the Spacetrooper but can't use PayPal until it's in stock and no idea if it will sell out by then.

Still not sure what to to. I think trying to sell the short trooper from the 2-pack to make back at least half the purchase would be a PITA. If I buy the 2-pack I'll then have two short troopers because I traded my single tall for a short when I planned to get two singles. Still leaning to the Spacetrooper but can't use PayPal until it's in stock and no idea if it will sell out by then.

There's always the Sandtrooper.

Clean the crap off him with alcohol.

If it doesn't work...drink the rest of the alcohol. :monkey3

Too much work to clean, plus it would still need a repaint and that's after replacing the shin armor and helmet. It would also need a Stormtrooper holster and the thermal detonator.

So practically a whole new Stormtrooper....to make a Stormtrooper. :duh

Spacetrooper is the only current option until Han gets made.

Spacetrooper may not be a break down without leaving traces of his former profession.

But there has to be a way of putting a helmet on Han and Luke - HT even states the sculpt and helmet are "interchangeable".

Based on what you are saying I doubt that you would regret the two pack in the long run if you can swing it. The short trooper will always be more rare, so probably more expensive down the line. Also don't forget about the mouse droid and large blaster. The pair already brings around $75 and even that price could soon rise once these are gone and the movie starts being hyped in full mainstream force.

It's not an easy sell even on eBay for a trooper. Can't forget the 13% commission (10 to eBay, 3 to PayPal). That's $26 knocked right off the top of a $200 sale. I see a lot of people asking high prices, but I don't see buyers.

I've already got one short trooper and I only want 2 HT troopers total - had the 2-pack not sold out initially that what I would have gotten, little did I expect the single to sell out.

But there has to be a way of putting a helmet on Han and Luke - HT even states the sculpt and helmet are "interchangeable".

I've been thinking about getting Luke as Stormtrooper as my third stormie but this is what's holding me back. With that detailed inside of the helmet I don't know how it will work if you want to pose him with helmet on. Where will the helmet connect?

I've been thinking about getting Luke as Stormtrooper as my third stormie but this is what's holding me back. With that detailed inside of the helmet I don't know how it will work if you want to pose him with helmet on. Where will the helmet connect?

It's a mystery at the moment. If the worst comes to the worst and HT is telling porky pies, if you can get a neck post into the body then the helmet could be packed with Blu-Tac until it fitted.

For me, though, it would defeat the object. The short trooper is my Luke in full disguise - with the EX Stormtrooper belt from Farmboy Luke if it fits.

For me, though, it would defeat the object. The short trooper is my Luke in full disguise - with the EX Stormtrooper belt from Farmboy Luke if it fits.

Yeah but it would be nice to have the option to display it both ways if I end up getting another stormie.

And if an extra $30 gets me the Luke head and other extras, I'm probably going that route if I don't change my mind again and settle for 2 troopers.

I see a lot of people asking high prices, but I don't see buyers.

New stock hasn't completely dried up yet, give it a month or two. These sold out faster than almost everyone anticipated and are one of the few figures that everyone wants multiples of. Xmas and a new SW movie are coming soon. Luke and Han troopers are the only thing I see keeping prices somewhat in check in the near future. Maybe empire and/or Jedi troopers down the line.

Could not hold off any longer. Twin pack ordered. Does BBTS Hottoys come with brown shippers?

Every HT I have ever ordered has come in the shipper box. They dont pack the shipper in anything. It just comes in it with the label on the outside. Got Hulk that way and some others.

I ordered a tall Stormie off of eBay for $219. Best deal I could find. Plus $20 shipping. Worth it to me. I picked up my second one from a different retailer online for $187 and it shipped yesterday. Will be here Wednesday. Only two Stormies for now. Cant afford any more. Still have to pay for Han and Chewie, C-3PO, Old Ben, Hawkeye and a Weeping Angel. My wallet is crying.

Depending on how the release of Stormie Han goes, I may grab two more. Would love to have four Stormtroopers flanking my Deluxe Vader. Just the one behind him now looks so bad ass. Two is going to be Epic. Four would be mindblowing.

If you know of any retailer that still has a trooper for under $200 feel free to send me a PM. Otherwise it's likely I'll eventually grab the Spacetrooper as I'd love to use the backpack for an unrelated custom project.

Unfortunately, I grabbed the last single Stormie the retailer had, hence why I bought the second on eBay. I knew I had to act fast to get my two Stormies before they went Hawkeye.

Best of luck to anyone searching for them. I couldnt find a retailer anywhere that had singles left. Right now it looks like the two pack is the only option. The alternative is sitting on the Waitlist and hoping, or paying a markup on eBay.

I opted for doing it now. Better to pay the extra $ to potentially save it in the long run. Converting a Spacetrooper or Santrooper is an option, but will take work and $ to mod. Maybe Stormie Han will be an option, but who knows.

No telling what HT has in store.

Back