Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was shuffling money around...
And I'm booked up with over $500 worth of preorders a month, for the rest of the year AND into next year. That is kinda ridic!!!
We are bordering on madness, and I can only imagine there is a big crash coming when all toy companies over commit and we all quit... at the same time.

I'm still wondering why they're no longer available from SS. Wouldn't they have thought to make more? I guess they just make a limited number and that's it?

I'm still wondering why they're no longer available from SS. Wouldn't they have thought to make more? I guess they just make a limited number and that's it?

Well SS can't make more HT Stormtroopers. So if they are sold out they are sold out.

I'm hoping Hot Toys keep these for sale as long as they have the license.

There are a lot of Sideshow ones out there, and I do wonder how the Sandtrooper is doing. Having been four issues from Sideshow, as well as the battle beast, a good number of people have may have moved on. Then again, army building is catching on. The best ever reason to buy doubles, triples and more! So yeah, they have to keep this one open order, like every time preorders hit a batch size for production, they can zip up a run.

Limited numbers is good for the market though, look at what Hawkeye did, but then you compare that to what Ironman is doing. Predators got revisions, Chitauri aren't Stormtroopers, and how many Clone's do you have?

Five hundred dollars is equivalent to a Hot Toy every fortnight over the next year. Can't get much else when that is happening.

I'm booked up with over $500 worth of preorders a month... We are bordering on madness...

That IS insane.

About Stromtroopers: maybe HT doesn't want to cannibalize on its Luke Trooper, Spacetrooper, inevitable Han Trooper and to some degree its Sandtrooper, so it will let its ANH Stormtrooper well run dry for now.... until ESB Stormtrooper is made.

There will be more stormtroopers, I'm sure... but from which movie is the question. And yes, they are all slightly different.

There will be more stormtroopers, I'm sure... but from which movie is the question. And yes, they are all slightly different.

I don't disagree with you, but I do fear the original trilogy stuff may be pushed to the back burner once the new films start hitting screens. That said I bought another 2 pack from bbts yesterday bringing my total to 5 troopers. If down the line I decide its too many I doubt I'll have any trouble unloading them.

Also bbts shipped the 2 pack for $6.75 economy shipping. The flat rate shipping sideshow sometimes offers is fine, but the asinine "we'll bill you some arbitrary number when it ships" really ought to stop.

But you're comparing USPS economy to UPS or FedEx expedited. Personally I think it's worth the premium, being in Canada, as I've definitely noticed that the stuff that ships the slowest tends to have the most dings. BBTS is great due to how well they box but I've regretted saving a bit on shipping when buying on e.Bay and getting boxes beat to hell and back. Given SSC only uses the shipper for protection I expect I'd receive damaged boxes pretty routinely if they shipped economy.

But you're comparing USPS economy to UPS or FedEx expedited. Personally I think it's worth the premium, being in Canada, as I've definitely noticed that the stuff that ships the slowest tends to have the most dings. BBTS is great due to how well they box but I've regretted saving a bit on shipping when buying on e.Bay and getting boxes beat to hell and back. Given SSC only uses the shipper for protection I expect I'd receive damaged boxes pretty routinely if they shipped economy.

The troopers are being shipped via fed ex economy actually. They might take an extra 3 days to get here but who cares. And like you said bbts always double boxes. Sideshow will only do that if you pay them an additional $10 on top of the mystery price that they decide to charge upon release of certain figures. I have no idea what determines if a figure is worthy of flat rate shipping, its certainly not size or weight. The regular Marty mcfly was $10 flat, for my exclusive it was $23 and change.

The troopers are being shipped via fed ex economy actually. They might take an extra 3 days to get here but who cares. And like you said bbts always double boxes. Sideshow will only do that if you pay them an additional $10 on top of the mystery price that they decide to charge upon release of certain figures. I have no idea what determines if a figure is worthy of flat rate shipping, its certainly not size or weight. The regular Marty mcfly was $10 flat, for my exclusive it was $23 and change.
That exclusive difference is pretty puzzling, have to say. $6.75 for FedEx is impressive. Minimum shipping charge to here is $30 US plus another $30 in taxes and fees. *sighs*

No, he's actually comparing to UPS/FedEx ground, which is what SSC ships as standard. It takes at least a full week for delivery to Niagara Falls NY.
3 days to Calgary, which is pretty impressive given it's crossing the border.

Has anybody that jumped on the waitlist for this, in the first 1-2 days got converted? I got on the WL 1 day after it was moved to WL.

Single sold out, but double in stock. Just too much for me right now. Then again 400$ is what the single will cost everywhere soon.

You could sell off the short one and make the $200 back most likely. And reap the benefits of having a stupid little mouse droid and an awesome blaster rifle. But we all know you'd just end up needing to keep the second trooper.

Single sold out, but double in stock. Just too much for me right now. Then again 400$ is what the single will cost everywhere soon.

You're not alone. I had to pretty much cancel everything: Gordon/Blake, Battle Damaged Robo/Murphy, Stormtrooper 2-pack... I cannot afford to drop $400 on each of these sets especially when Hot Toys likes to dump them all at once. I'm priced out.

Time for me to post one of those questions that's no doubt already been answered and that I should already know...

My Google-Fu appears to be weak today, hampered further by the fact my board page length causes most search links to bring back the wrong results.

Can anyone link to specific posts showing the short and tall bodies torn down? I'd like to see (again) precisely where the differences are on these guys just in case I end up having to make a tall figure from a short or visa versa.

You could sell off the short one and make the $200 back most likely. And reap the benefits of having a stupid little mouse droid and an awesome blaster rifle. But we all know you'd just end up needing to keep the second trooper.

Yup...

Here is my small Legion

I love these figures very much .

11179953_946943388661163_8905634682976458376_n.jpg

Back