Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For any of the folks who have received 2-packs from the latest run, has anyone noticed problems with a crooked barrel on the heavy blaster? I don't know if this is even worth trying to get replaced or if I should just not worry about it.

Blaster.jpg

Also, for the whatchamacallit above the right knee, are the ends supposed to protrude from the side of the leg, or should they be glued down? Both the tall and short trooper have this, so maybe it's supposed to be that way.

Thanks,
Kevin

Leg.jpg

The knee piece is like that on all the figures, but I don't think it appears that way in the movies. I plan to glue mine down as it looks unfinished the way it is.

That's not a chip out of the calf armor in the last photo is it?

It looks like a chip. I forgot about it until I looked at the photo again. There's also a small paint bubble on the front of the knee whatchamacallit of the tall trooper.

-Kevin

It looks like a chip. I forgot about it until I looked at the photo again. There's also a small paint bubble on the front of the knee whatchamacallit of the tall trooper.

-Kevin

I wouldn't worry about the knee plate protruding a bit. You could glue it down, or not...the build quality of the original costumes wasn't exactly stellar. I noticed a slight bend in the DLT-19 I got very early on from Hong Kong, but I think it corrected itself or I did it with a little heat, can't remember. I'd have to dig it up and check.

That chip out the calf/shin armour though...I'd get that replaced.

My short trooper's right shin armor looks exactly like the photo on the bottom right of the above post. Not chip/roughness, but the angle is definitely cut very straight compared to the more gradual curve of the accompanying piece. Left armor is perfect.

For any of the folks who have received 2-packs from the latest run, has anyone noticed problems with a crooked barrel on the heavy blaster? I don't know if this is even worth trying to get replaced or if I should just not worry about it.

View attachment 198468

Also, for the whatchamacallit above the right knee, are the ends supposed to protrude from the side of the leg, or should they be glued down? Both the tall and short trooper have this, so maybe it's supposed to be that way.

Thanks,
Kevin

View attachment 198475
I received a heavy blaster from Toy Anxiety that had the same issue. It actually comes apart near the tip. I was able to disconnect and reconnect the crooked piece with no issue and fixed the problem.

My waitlist converted for the double pack. Is there a chance these will come back in stock off of waitlist? My funds are tight for other pre-orders so I want to postpone this a little while longer if possible.

My waitlist converted for the double pack. Is there a chance these will come back in stock off of waitlist? My funds are tight for other pre-orders so I want to postpone this a little while longer if possible.
If it's a figure set you absolutely have to have then find I way to keep your order, you can always get the single too. You don't want to have to pay ebay prices when they sell out.

If it's something you aren't fully in love with, you can take the chance or find a used set down the road.

If it's a figure set you absolutely have to have then find I way to keep your order, you can always get the single too. You don't want to have to pay ebay prices when they sell out.

If it's something you aren't fully in love with, you can take the chance or find a used set down the road.

I definitely want the height variation. I just never know what the deal is with waitlist items now since Sideshow seems to put them on waitlist, and then they're back in stock again, and then back to waitlist, and back again, etc.

Well got this figure today, I'm a tad bummed and I was wondering if anyone is having this issue.

I tried opening the blaster pouch that is being held by the little round magnet but the glue they used on those was so crappy, I opened twice and the glue gave out and the magnets came off.

What do you guys recommend I use to glue that back?

I'm not sure what glue people recommend but they can easily be glued back for sure. This happened on one of the holsters of either Han or Luke Hoth and there hasn't been an issue since I glued it back on.

Well got this figure today, I'm a tad bummed and I was wondering if anyone is having this issue.

I tried opening the blaster pouch that is being held by the little round magnet but the glue they used on those was so crappy, I opened twice and the glue gave out and the magnets came off.

Very common issue with HT figures. I use a tiny piece of double sided tape to fix it. It's annoying and don't know why HT don't make these pieces stronger.

Tiny dab of superglue,I use the gorilla glue brand myself

My single trooper out of my 3 HT Stormies came with a few unglued parts including the magnet. Used a bit of superglue and everything is as new, in fact better than new since my gluing will hold for sure in the future.

Back