Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recently waitlisted Bat Signal set went to waitlist and then came back so I was wondering if this one will do the same or not

The recently waitlisted Bat Signal set went to waitlist and then came back so I was wondering if this one will do the same or not

The last time I spoke to someone at Sideshow about this set was when it originally went on waitlist and they hadn't yet shipped out the latest orders. They were waiting for a shipment which they told me was the last one and was all spoken for. I'd say if this is going to be available again, it's going to depend on whether Hot Toys will first make another run of them. I couldn't be bothered to wait it out, so I just went for singles and traded to get the short trooper.

I finally got my first Hot Toys 1/6 product in the post today.

Wow. This Stormie is fantastic.

I'm still new to 1/6, so I only have a couple of Sideshows (Phase II Rex and ESB Boba) to go along with my new TK.

But man, does he look good between the two!

yeah I just got the stormtrooper two pack off ebay. they were loose missing helmets but had the helmets already. got both the tall and short with both sets of hands the long rifle two blasters he even shipped it in the original package which was a shock all for $175 shipped.

Just got my Trooper in the mail today from Sideshow and it has zero cosmetic/quality control issues. I'm empathetic to those who received defective units. I had issues with both my 1/6 Cobra Commander and Deluxe Darth Vader which is incredibly frustrating considering how much we pay for these things, but I'm overjoyed my Stormtrooper is flawless. What an awesome figure!

stormie.jpg

These should never sell out. I would keep buying them if there wasn't much else I wanted. With so many stormtroopers in so many scales floating around in everybodies lives, we'll never think future stormtroopers could be any better. We'll always go back to this classic look.

[...] we'll never think future stormtroopers could be any better. We'll always go back to this classic look.

There is still marginal room for improvement. The final increment, by chance or by design, we'll never know. Only the Toy Illuminati knows.

Marmit got closest with their iteration years ago, and their fabled Vader remains second to none. Marmit is no more. Coincidence...? :google

I meant Stormtrooper vs Clonetrooper & now the TFAtrooper, but I guess in terms of toy stormtroopers yeah that too.
All these OT troopers owned as toys by everyone will overwhelm new fans from getting into any new trooper designs and are setting how star wars will be run as a franchise is what I mean. Their form is so ingrained on us anything different would be refreshing, but we'll always come back to the classic Luke & Han disguise look, where it all started. Like how the Millenium Falcon will always be the same, R2-D2 and C-3PO too, the stormtrooper look will kinda force it's own come back. And lightsabers when they get bored of trying to be different with that. Only Maul got it right, but were there any light-daggers? Mandalorian armour is another too, they are established as a colourway.

I gotta say, when I compare the Ep7 stormtroopers to the OT ones, the Ep7 ones are just too sleek, the chest armor is too flat (if you know what I mean). I prefer the older look. Even Ep3 troopers look better than Ep7 ones.

I forgot now, is the short Stormtrooper simply a matter of short pegs in the feet?

Some say it's a combination of calcium and iron deficiency, but I have my own theories I wish to discuss with Lord Vader later this evening.

I meant Stormtrooper vs Clonetrooper & now the TFAtrooper, but I guess in terms of toy stormtroopers yeah that too.
All these OT troopers owned as toys by everyone will overwhelm new fans from getting into any new trooper designs and are setting how star wars will be run as a franchise is what I mean. Their form is so ingrained on us anything different would be refreshing, but we'll always come back to the classic Luke & Han disguise look, where it all started. Like how the Millenium Falcon will always be the same, R2-D2 and C-3PO too, the stormtrooper look will kinda force it's own come back. And lightsabers when they get bored of trying to be different with that. Only Maul got it right, but were there any light-daggers? Mandalorian armour is another too, they are established as a colourway.

The classic Stormtrooper will always remain the iconic one, no matter what kind of clones of TFA troopers we already have or we'll see in the future

The classic Stormtrooper will always remain the iconic one, no matter what kind of clones of TFA troopers we already have or we'll see in the future

I gotta say, when I compare the Ep7 stormtroopers to the OT ones, the Ep7 ones are just too sleek, the chest armor is too flat (if you know what I mean). I prefer the older look. Even Ep3 troopers look better than Ep7 ones.

Yeah gotta agree, there's no substitute fo the original to me. TFA trooper has yet to grow on me. Something about it just seems off.

Question for experienced collectors here...though this is a ball park inquiry, at best...

Do you guys think the HT Stormtrooper will be available for a while? I have been set to buy Han and Chewie, but after seeing what they are shaping up to be, I feel like I need to pick up the Stormtroopers before they sell out. Whichever way I go, I wouldn't be able to even think about buying a new set of figures until Jan 2016, at least. So whatever I purchase now, be it Han/Chewie or two Stormtroopers, the second set has to wait until Jan due to other figure purchases before then.

I'm certain Han and Chewie will be around for a while. They aren't getting the best feedback so far. Han isn't bad, but Chewie doesn't seem like he is going anywhere. I'm worried that isn't the case for Stormtroopers, and I ultimately want to pick two of these guys up to flank my SSC 1/6 Vader.

Welcome constructive, no bs feedback.

Cheers,
Ary

Back