Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up the set from my local store!

The store I go to has a no-return policy for hot toys and sideshow, which I don't understand why. Anyways we had to open up 3 sets to find the best one.

The first 2 had little scuffs and chipped paint on the chest plate .. the 3rd one was the best, it only had a minor scuff on the back of the shoulder, I was able to take a bit of it off, maybe a micro fiber cloth will clean it up.

Anyone else have this issue?

I had that issue on my first set. 2 big paint chips on the breastplate. I was able to return it and get a new set.

That sounds like a harsh policy to have. They must have had loads of refunds from very picky customers.

Paint chips? Scuffs? Don't tell me this, now I'm freaking out! My final flex-pay is August. Now I'm gonna open the box, not with glee, but like one does when slowly peeling a bandage off a moist & juicy wound. Only a month of worry to go.

Paint chips? Scuffs? Don't tell me this, now I'm freaking out! My final flex-pay is August. Now I'm gonna open the box, not with glee, but like one does when slowly peeling a bandage off a moist & juicy wound. Only a month of worry to go.
For all we know, it could turn out great. I wouldn't worry about it. If there are issues you can always exchange it. I am extremely picky when I buy hot toys, especially buying locally where they won't accept returns.

Scuffs and paint marks just makes them more screen accurate. Add a little plumbers (or whatever) tape in various places and you're good to go. :lol

I had black spots on my helmets, but I spit on my shirt and wiped them of with little force.

Picked up the set from my local store!

The store I go to has a no-return policy for hot toys and sideshow, which I don't understand why...
Another Dimension? I know what you mean, it does seem a bit harsh but I'm guessing otherwise they'd get a lot of buyer's remorse returns and also people switching out figures on them and stuff. I've bought SSC and HT from a few different stores and all of them had no return policies on 1:6.

Another Dimension? I know what you mean, it does seem a bit harsh but I'm guessing otherwise they'd get a lot of buyer's remorse returns and also people switching out figures on them and stuff. I've bought SSC and HT from a few different stores and all of them had no return policies on 1:6.
Awesome to see another Calgarian! Yes I am talking about about Another Dimension. I always ask them bring me 3 at least so I can pick .. I always seem to spot something. Does Phoenix Comics have the same policy?

Got them setup in my detolf. Really needs Darth to complete it :yess:

IMG_1819.JPG

Awesome to see another Calgarian! Yes I am talking about about Another Dimension. I always ask them bring me 3 at least so I can pick .. I always seem to spot something. Does Phoenix Comics have the same policy?
Likewise, fellow Calgarian (there's actually a good 10 of us so around -- though not all frequent posters)! :duff

Haven't bought from Phoenix, yet, to be honest. Have heard good things about them, though. Apparently prices are a bit more reasonable than AD. AD just can't be beat for presentation, though, and they have a ton of floor space, so I can understand why they're a little pricier.

Nice! Really have to get some lights for my cabinet.

I found it made a huge difference. I was bummed when I first set my cabinet up cause the glass in the display room had too much glare and I couldn't see the figures as well, but the lights solved that and then some. I have the detolf, and it's great, but the one thing I really miss is having the figures on a horizontal plane. Looks like you have a nice wide shelf that gives you some nice display options.

I found it made a huge difference. I was bummed when I first set my cabinet up cause the glass in the display room had too much glare and I couldn't see the figures as well, but the lights solved that and then some. I have the detolf, and it's great, but the one thing I really miss is having the figures on a horizontal plane. Looks like you have a nice wide shelf that gives you some nice display options.

I will try to install lights on my vacation. IKEA has some LED strips that are 1 meter long, which a bit shorter than the height of my cabinet. So two of those on each side should so it. And the white paint and the wooden sides should make it easier to hide them than in a detolf.

That was the main reason I chose this cabinet, it had to be wide enough to fit the Speeder Bike. I can fit 4 figures side by side on each shelf without it looking crowded. And eventually I will get another one. :)

I will try to install lights on my vacation. IKEA has some LED strips that are 1 meter long, which a bit shorter than the height of my cabinet. So two of those on each side should so it. And the white paint and the wooden sides should make it easier to hide them than in a detolf.

That was the main reason I chose this cabinet, it had to be wide enough to fit the Speeder Bike. I can fit 4 figures side by side on each shelf without it looking crowded. And eventually I will get another one. :)

Yeah, I've been eyeing your cabinet (wide open, guys) for a while now. Your simple mods transformed a piece I really didn't like when I looked at it in store.

Yeah, I've been eyeing your cabinet (wide open, guys) for a while now. Your simple mods transformed a piece I really didn't like when I looked at it in store.

Thank you. I think I remember you said you thought the door hinges looked weird but they are not brown irl, they are black. And since I will be fitting a lock at the bottom off the doors I wont be using the black handles, they are just glued on so they are very optional.

Back