Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These really are great
Look awesome in hand. Very happy with them ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432579889.358011.jpg

https://celluloidpopculturejunkie.wordpress.com

These guys look great, but I think I'm going to hold out and see if we actually get Luke & Han Stormtrooper disguise figures. Not sure how badly I need a generic Trooper...

I know Sideshow did them but they're impossible to get your hands on these days for under $600-800. No thank you.

C'mon Hot Toys! Don't let me down...

These guys look great, but I think I'm going to hold out and see if we actually get Luke & Han Stormtrooper disguise figures. Not sure how badly I need a generic Trooper...

I know Sideshow did them but they're impossible to get your hands on these days for under $600-800. No thank you.

The sideshow ones are really bad compared to these Hottoys ones. I'm totally plugging my review in here. but skip to where I have the sideshow Stormtrooper commander and Hottoys storm trooper in hand, the difference is crazy, hottoys nailed it.

I have two HT stormtroopers already and I'm also debating whether to buy two more. As background figures they really enhance other figures (i.e Vader and two troopers in the back). I'm also waiting for the HT stormtroopers in disguise. This hobby is expensive :(

And I also agree with others, compared to the SS version, HT has really nailed it in terms of quality and look.

After getting this figure and checking ANH references I realized Stormtroopers were generally left handed... I don't know if this is something everyone already knew. I'd never really noticed it before...

After getting this figure and checking ANH references I realized Stormtroopers were generally left handed... I don't know if this is something everyone already knew. I'd never really noticed it before...

Prop issue, gun magazine hit chest plate if held in right hand, been covered a few times in various threads. Apparently changes in the other movies. :)

Given how the specs say ANH I think we'll see Empire versions with the dark frown and holster on the right. But even in that film it seems like they still hold the blaster left handed. I'd maybe bite on those. They shouldn't bother making ROTJ versions.

Prop issue, gun magazine hit chest plate if held in right hand, been covered a few times in various threads. Apparently changes in the other movies. :)

Also the holster's on their left side so a left-draw is inevitable.

I have two HT stormtroopers already and I'm also debating whether to buy two more. As background figures they really enhance other figures (i.e Vader and two troopers in the back). I'm also waiting for the HT stormtroopers in disguise. This hobby is expensive :(

And I also agree with others, compared to the SS version, HT has really nailed it in terms of quality and look.

Understatement of the century. :wink1:

Oh, for sure, they're cool. And I'm tempted, but with limited funds I'm going for the "big" characters first. I hope Hot Toys milks this line until it's frigging dead, because I do want Stormtrooper Han & Luke. I wonder how much overlap we'll see between what characters/costumes Sideshow puts out (or has put out in the past) compared to what Hot Toys will give us.

Any pics out there if a type of riser I could use?

Here's a pic of Vader on the HT stand to show how he fits in the detolf--he has about 1 cm of space above him. Looks good with the stormie. Been trying to get an extra stand but they're hard to grab for a good price at the moment. Unfortunately, even the tall stormtrooper looks like short stuff next to SS Vader.

Here's a pic of Vader on the HT stand to show how he fits in the detolf--he has about 1 cm of space above him. Looks good with the stormie. Been trying to get an extra stand but they're hard to grab for a good price at the moment. Unfortunately, even the tall stormtrooper looks short stuff next to SS Vader.

Vader is like, I will choke you, move that rifle :lol:lol

Haha. Yeah, I don't have them displayed next to each other normally. Just wanted to show the set up for Darth F. Vader looks like he's gonna snap the rifle in two.

They were both right handed and left handed. The left handed were because you need to consider the fact they were running with heavy real metal Sterling SMG's in their hands, and, even with cut magazines, they still could hit their thin ABS armor and crack it (we've already seen gaffer tape on a couple armors in ANH screenshots).

Also the holster's on their left side so a left-draw is inevitable.

Probably on that side because of the magazine, no?

Exactly

Whenever you're able to contribute is much and always appreciated, Para. But does the discussion have to correlate with a Freaks collecting budget? I get just as much enjoyment reading about a board member's reasons for not picking up a new release as their reasons for. Also, even if another figure were never to be produced again from here on out, would we not have enough figures in our collections already to photograph in endless combinations and scenarios or customize in ways limited only by our imaginations?

That's a good point, PJB.

Paramore, your contributions (both words and pictures!) to the forum would be greatly missed if you are to back off. I too have cut down my spending for these figures considerably for the past several years to the point where I'm only getting an average of maybe 3 per year. Last year I only got one (the probe droid)! But I still thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's posts and seeing everyone's photos, even if it's for figures and pieces that I may not have ever wanted. I still try to contribute to conversations as I still enjoy keeping up with new announcement and releases.

Just something to think about.

Thanks guys, agreed, good points :duff

So real fast...three body types from left to right:

S2.5 with stock HT arm graft, traps and upper arms filed down to drop and narrow the shoulders. Neck peg is an HT Stormtrooper ankle peg with padding.

HT Bruce Lee casual-wear body with stock HT arm graft... This is a different surgery than S2.5...only the arms get ported, no trap/shoulder assembly. Neck peg is a HT short trooper neck peg.

S2.5 with stock HT arm graft, traps and upper arms NOT filed down. Neck peg is an HT Stormtrooper ankle peg with padding.

b4a465b8c39709a2a2e8ca99174d2a32.jpg

b44984424fbdff20aebcaa1b4c15deaf.jpg

55ffc1a9bed363792b20648795fb5afb.jpg

c1acae061c0739f140ebb1aaa12a760e.jpg

Armour is futzed on all...some strapping is attached more loosely or not at all, bellies and torsos padded out with foam.

At some point I'll strip them down and pad the bodies themselves for something more permanent, but this is easily adjustable for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-ha!
I was looking for this post but didn't remember where it was...

I thought you were modding a Sideshow trooper with a Soldier Story body and wanted to know how you got the Sideshow shoes to work with the Soldier Story legs, but you modded the HT troopers... oh well!
I guess I'll have to look for a different project for the Soldier Story body I have in my parts bin.

Back