Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally broke down and bought another two pack. Once I get the HT vader I'll have four troopers around him. Going to have skip out on the spacetrooper now.

Finally got my Stormtrooper two set delivered from Forbidden Planet, and the taller troopers left shoulder bell's elastic is snapped straigh out of the box! This year man , literally everything I've ordered has had some form of defect! I'm getting really fed up with returning figures.

Finally got my Stormtrooper two set delivered from Forbidden Planet, and the taller troopers left shoulder bell's elastic is snapped straigh out of the box! This year man , literally everything I've ordered has had some form of defect! I'm getting really fed up with returning figures.

Read a few pages back my own problems with unglued HT Stormtrooper - especially the belt. I fixed him easily and now will hold better than the original

Annoying, but a super easy fix. Just a tiny dab of glue.

Exactly
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ you sure that's glue?

That's why I never buy anything from Pixel, he doesn't know what glue to use :D

just got the double pack from forbidden planet, not problems with them, they are really beautiful! Put all my other troopers to shame, although i do still think the helmet is a bit off.
took a few pics of them quickly in a Detolf, they look great with Vader, think they'll look even better with the hot toys ANH Vader though....

IMG_20150602_235522.jpg
IMG_20150602_235826.jpg
IMG_20150603_002538.jpg

Yeah I'm looking forward to posing these guys with the new HT vader. I've got four troopers already and have to resist not to buy more......can't afford it either :(

Read a few pages back my own problems with unglued HT Stormtrooper - especially the belt. I fixed him easily and now will hold better than the original

That's why I never buy anything from Pixel, he doesn't know what glue to use :D

Hi JKNO, I couldn't find them mate, I'll have another trawl later on. Personally I lack the deftness required for gluing, so I tend to end up with excess glue everywhere and stuck digits! I've really been looking forward to getting these guys, and was intially quite disappointed as there were quite alot of marks on the armour. Fortunately a damp micro-fibre cloth removed most of them apart from a small scratch mark on the shorter trooper's left cheek, and various scrathes on the bodies. I could have lived with that though. The shorter troopers neck piece was also unattached, which I could have lived with as well, however I balked at the thought of attempting to reattach the elastic on the taller trooper's shoulder armour. I would argue that given the price of this set you would expect the QC to be of a high quality. I paid the equivalent of $484.00, which on my meagre salary is quite a lot. As an aside I dug out my Sideshow version which was $76.00 at the time, and it's pristine, apart from slightly floppy legs. Fortunately FP are replacing them, so hopefully I'll have more luck second time round.

Hi JKNO, I couldn't find them mate, I'll have another trawl later on. Personally I lack the deftness required for gluing, so I tend to end up with excess glue everywhere and stuck digits! I've really been looking forward to getting these guys, and was intially quite disappointed as there were quite alot of marks on the armour. Fortunately a damp micro-fibre cloth removed most of them apart from a small scratch mark on the shorter trooper's left cheek, and various scrathes on the bodies. I could have lived with that though. The shorter troopers neck piece was also unattached, which I could have lived with as well, however I balked at the thought of attempting to reattach the elastic on the taller trooper's shoulder armour. I would argue that given the price of this set you would expect the QC to be of a high quality. I paid the equivalent of $484.00, which on my meagre salary is quite a lot. As an aside I dug out my Sideshow version which was $76.00 at the time, and it's pristine, apart from slightly floppy legs. Fortunately FP are replacing them, so hopefully I'll have more luck second time round.

I had to glue pieces onto some of my other figures and I also hate it. I'm not skilled as other folks here, so I see what you mean.
I've bought two 2 packs and the only thing that was wrong was one of the small magnets fell came off a gun holster. Tried glueing it back but it didn't hold, so got a tiny piece of double sided tape instead. Can't notice it, but it does bug me when I think about it. Haven't heard of too many QC issues on these guys, so maybe it was the luck of the draw. Glad to hear they're being replaced

Check post #4153. But then check my post #4167

Opened these guys up tonight. I've not gotten a Hot Toys figure in a long time, and every time I forget how great a legit True Type is. The joints are so stiff, yet they move so fluidly.

I know people gripe about the pricing, but the figures are packed so well, and they just take great care in making sure the figures are protected. HT really goes the extra mile in presenting the product to you. No other company does it like that. I got a great deal on them, so that makes it even better.

I apologize if this has already been posted/answered....has Sideshow started to ship the 2-pack yet? I always thought that Alter Ego and BBTS got their Hot Toys through Sideshow (as Sideshow is a Hot Toys distributor). I know that AE and BBTS have already been sending these guys out; I wonder why Sideshow isn't sending theirs out yet.

For the last 5 or so years I've been collecting Hot Toys, when I've always received my Hot Toys through Sideshow before AE or BBTS. Kinda weird.

Thoughts?

They got some and shipped them out in March/April and I guess supplied some of the retailers too, and it looks like now SS is waiting on a second wave of troopers--don't think they were ever "in stock" but they shipped out pre-orders that's for sure.

Yeah, this is stupid how long this is taking. I'm going to be the last guy to go "yippee a HT stormie!" and everyone will be like "uh-huh.":lol

I have my pair pre-ordered from an EU distributor, it seems they will arrive in stock much later this year. Glad I got my single trooper, thus to have at least one till the others join him.

Just a question, how many centimeters have the HT bases in width, height long and depth?

Thanks you! :wink1:

Back