Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my single stormtrooper today. Very good. I like it a lot. I have 2 of the old SSC ones un-modded. They have the dull pain job. If I keep them and display them with this one, I might just have to use the floor polish treatment on them. I am tempted to get another one of these and put the SSC ones in the back. I did not order the 2 pack, because I did not really like the short one.

How long does it usually take SS to respond to the replacement request form? I submitted my request for a replacement helmet on Thursday but have yet to hear back from them.

I got my ex 2 pack today and all I can say is wow! HT DID IT AGAIN!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427749846.190269.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427749867.549741.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427749883.090381.jpg
Not sure if this has been posted before but the Shorty helmet is in fact different! Not on the outside but the inside.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427749913.038553.jpg
If you look carefully the stem that holds the helmet onto the neck is longer on the shorty and shorter on the regular.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750055.075104.jpg
I'm guessing this is to off set the difference for the padding on the tall trooper neck. It has a longer neck peg than the shorty. I think they wanted to make sure there was plenty of articulation and movement on the shorty so he wouldn't look like a turtle head poking up.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750214.552612.jpg
Flip flopped.

The shortys helmet would sit flush to the shoulders. So if you wanted an even taller trooper and an even shorter one a quick helmet swap would do the trick. So for guys like Canadaclone he could have at least 4 different heights for his army of stormtroopers.

I'm sure you could also achieve this with longer ankle pegs as well.

Oh and the lenses for the HT helmets are in fact green lenses. Very dark but green. I shined a light on the inside to make sure. Hard to see with my pics but hold them up to the light and you will see.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750589.386172.jpg

I got my 2 pack this past Friday and I love them. I'm digging the look of the taller one with the short ones helmet. May see if I can snag a shorty helmet if TA parts out a 2 pack.

Oh and the lenses for the HT helmets are in fact green lenses. Very dark but green. I shined a light on the inside to make sure. Hard to see with my pics but hold them up to the light and you will see.
View attachment 176188

Interesting... I wondered if it was just paint or lenses, but hadn't actually looked too closely. Very nice detail.

I was messing with my remaining Sideshow trooper (as he's going on eBay) and what really sticks out between the two is how much better the armor fits on the HT figure. Sideshow got a lot right and once properly futzed and posed looks quite good. But it's almost difficult to get the HT trooper to look bad, all the armor stays nicely in place and seems to work almost perfectly with the body.

and while I'm at it, its "i couldn't care less" not "i could care less".

It's "It's" as in "it is" - a contraction thereof.

Speaking of shoving stuff up in places, should that "literally" be printed on paper, monogrammed on a towel or carved in a block of wood? ;) I vote for sign language myself.

I got my ex 2 pack today and all I can say is wow! HT DID IT AGAIN!

View attachment 176183
Not sure if this has been posted before but the Shorty helmet is in fact different! Not on the outside but the inside.

Can't get over how good these Troopers look. Totally look 1:1, like they're standing in a hotel room getting their pictures taken before Comic-con.

Imagine if someone built a 1:1 HT figure base and put it on wheels to cosplay as a HT stormtrooper! :rotfl

It's "It's" as in "it is" - a contraction thereof.

Speaking of shoving stuff up in places, should that "literally" be printed on paper, monogrammed on a towel or carved in a block of wood? ;) I vote for sign language myself.

i was testing you and you passed! Nice job!

i prefer to have it spray painted on a cinder block.

I got my single HT Stormtrooper today. As others have mentioned, its very impressive. I am hoping to pick up another down the road.

Here he is with my ANH Imperials...

Just got two of these today. Although they do not feel $200 worthy, these are definitely better quality than SSC Clone Troopers. Would love to grab two more.

Back