Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two pack stormtroopers looks like a dad and son dressed up to go to a comic con. Stormies should be same height...

Maybe you haven't seen Star Wars before. You should, it's a great movie. The short trooper makes this set.

Can anyone tell me if the trooper body is a specific TrueType model or if it's unique (other than colour and foam padding) to this release?

Looking to experiment with body swaps. Contenders are TTM22 (Slim) or Soldier Story S2.5.

I'd be curious about the body as well and how the armor works with other bodies. It's such a good fit I could see other bodies not working as well.

I'd be curious about the body as well and how the armor works with other bodies. It's such a good fit I could see other bodies not working as well.

I suspect I could get more range of movement and a more screen-accurate look from another body. There are two issues with the HT as-is:

1. Idealized - as expected - the armour almost looks too slick to replicate the ANH look. Not a big deal but I'm curious.

2. The arms don't hang in a perfectly neutral position. Partly due to the bicep armour design, but I suspect this could be overcome with the S2.5.

Based on my experience with the S2.5 and relatively low cost, I'm leaning towards that one but don't know if the ball jointed ankle pegs are compatible. If not, some modding is in order but I also know from experience the S2.5 plastic is a pain to work with.

I do like the Soldier Story bodies... I think the neck seal is part of the neck joint, so you'll need to do some modding there.

The ribbed neck seal is glued over the neck joint, I believe, so I'd have to get that off. Hot water and pressure would do it, I'm sure. It's not like Hot Toys glue is gonna give me too much trouble. :wink1:

Got my set yesterday. Gotta say I am impressed. Small stuff to add is that I really like the softness of the hands. Makes it easy to have him hold his guns. I was kinda surprised the shoulder bells are so firmly attached and not loose . Takes a half second longer to pose him but it really holds the look together well. My only problem was with the stands. I had a hard time putting the holder onto the base. Thought I was gonna crack it but I finLly got there. Very very nice set overall. I'm happy my Marmit on a true type fits with it well.

image.jpg. HT. MARMIT SSC

The stand are nice, but a bit too much... I would have preferred a simple black one like they include with most figures. Right now I'm using Sideshow stands for both :lol

Just now going through the exclusive two pack, and like others have said they look terrific. If you like OT star wars buy these without hesitation. I want 3 more. The mouse droid and heavy blaster that come with the set are very nice as well. The blaster is particularly well done. I might even have a use for the stupid rack when I get another blaster from han/Chewbacca. Really hope they do sand/snow troopers now.

I can't imagine Hot Toys Snow Troopers being so much better than Sideshow's that they'd sell very many. There are still people looking for a Snow Trooper of course, but I think it's too soon for another release. The more universally beloved Sandtrooper however is another story on multiple fronts. Easy to make up for SS's multiple deficiencies, already have a lot of work done with the Stormtrooper armor, SS's releases were many years ago.

Hot Toys snowtroopers might have a more accurate, narrower helmet but I wouldn't bet on it. The boot tops might be fabric or nylon rather than rubber. The bodies would probably be better and the wrist armour could be smaller and tapered. But those are all big IFs and MIGHTS.

Agreed on the sandtroopers. New helmets for those would be sweet, but even if they did those, I doubt they'll alter the lateral tubes or the frown. Change up the brow at most? But even that is non-trivial...it's a separate component that can't be simply repositioned.

Watch and wait, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. It makes the most sense to produce figures that will sell in larger numbers. Stormtroopers were a no-brainer. ANH/Farmboy Luke and Leia, IMO, would be good sellers, not something that Sideshow just recently had widely available. Like Boba Fett as another example. Or figures that just won't sell, like a PT Anakin - it would be another Angelica.

PT Anakin would sell way more than Angelica. Lol

Maybe you haven't seen Star Wars before. You should, it's a great movie. The short trooper makes this set.

Vader preferred clones to humans, as did the emperor. The stormies on Tantive IV would have been clones, as per Vaders demand. So if you do a Tantive IV set stormies should be same height or if stormies are with Vader they should be the same height no matter what movie. Now anything past that scene with stormies with no Vader commanding them probably would be the varying height as the Empire had a good split of humans and clones in there army as the cloning process the empire had cost to much money.... hence the switch to human stormies.

So maybe you haven't read any Star Wars stuff before. You should, there are some great comics and books that really enhance the story of Star Wars.

That's mostly EU though and not canon.
The new stuff is canon

Vader preferred clones to humans,

Hahahahaha.

There is no Star Wars outside of the movies. Read? Star Wars doesn't exist in books, it exists first and foremost on screen. There is one clone ret-conned in the OT, and that's Boba Fett. Troopers are all human. Each and every single one of them a different height.

Oh, and if you don't want different height troopers, then don't buy the two-pack. The different heights is the whole point.

Yup. It makes the most sense to produce figures that will sell in larger numbers. Stormtroopers were a no-brainer. ANH/Farmboy Luke and Leia, IMO, would be good sellers, not something that Sideshow just recently had widely available. Like Boba Fett as another example. Or figures that just won't sell, like a PT Anakin - it would be another Angelica.

I would be in for farm boy, leia, AND rots Anakin. Yep I said it.

Back