Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to get my 2-pack shipped instead of waiting for other pre-orders. I started thinking about the possibility of warranty issues and it's a better idea to have these in hand now for inspection versus later in the fall when there may be no replacement parts available.

I think the Marmit on the left looks damn fine, the others look a little off. Marmit FTW:lecture

hey there storm troopers which are not easy to come by at these price ranges. so I grabbed them while I could. I still have three more marmit`s to put together after I give them a bath and find some good bodies to use on them

Congrats WG, Pixel, and Sol. I got my second 2 pack(5 total) from bbts yesterday and everything is perfect except for a very tiny nick or spot of glue on the taller guys lower back just above the holster. Probably wont bother with a return though, its very small and doesn't really show with the belt on. These are great, have fun with them fellas :rock

Well, I got my first HT Stormtrooper AND the Scout Trooper today.... so this gives me a unique view on a comparison.

But then... there is no comparison.

HT Stormtrooper is a sheer piece of art. It's beautiful.

I was nervous at first to see that the armor was so stiff, but it isn't as bad as the old SS armor. Its also so wonderfully shiny... shiny.... shiny....

I see now why so many here were buying more and more. You really do need a couple or a squad.

AND.... as far as the chicken-stinking, display piece several of you jelly people suggested I would get. Nope. No dice. It was sealed inside a first-taped shipped box, plus sealed behind first-tape plastic... AND had all of the little plastic bits on the knees and under the shoulder armor and taped around the midsection. So he's a case fresh trooper.... thank god. It would have bugged me, you know that. Ha ha.

Sucks about the chicken, I was looking forward to a good story. Now excuse me while I have to drive out to the liquor store to return a bottle of wine I just opened - wouldn't you know it, the last one from a few bought last week and it's bad. Fsksgshsg- arrgh.

I'm very happy NOT to have a chicken-trooper. Thank you.

So here's the line up...

OT Troopers.jpg

Nice! I like how the Snowtrooper and Scout Trooper have the weathering effect. Makes me think that they look down on the regular Stormtroopers with their pristine shiny armor, like they're the real grunts who do the actual fighting.

-Kevin

Well, I got my first HT Stormtrooper AND the Scout Trooper today.... so this gives me a unique view on a comparison.

But then... there is no comparison.

HT Stormtrooper is a sheer piece of art. It's beautiful.

I was nervous at first to see that the armor was so stiff, but it isn't as bad as the old SS armor. Its also so wonderfully shiny... shiny.... shiny....

I see now why so many here were buying more and more. You really do need a couple or a squad.
Well said! Was just going to post something similar. Got my two-pack and they're perfect. Pretty much why I got into collecting. Love everything with the set, especially the mouse droid and bases. Really glad I've got a couple of Spacetroopers to look forward to in December or January.

Hmm, I have a few more things coming this year, but no more SW pre-ordered yet. I suppose I have insolvency to look forward to though, so that's something.

Thanks guys!

I already wants another trooper! Gimme, gimme! I hope the Spacetrooper comes quickly ...before I do soemthing stupid.

Also, Midtown Comics is awesome -- HT shipper came in perfect condition, not a scratch or dent, inside a large box with heavy paper bunched all around snugly. They didn't have to do that. But I'm happy they did.

SS should do that for what they charge.

Dang! Makes me pretty grateful I got mine. I also had two regular Stormtroopers on order, at one point, but cancelled them and lost the NRD, too. Not one for flipping but probably should've kept those. These'll probably be going for $400.00 each on the aftermarket.

Back