1/6 Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One 1/6 Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol TK-14057 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, they don't seem as mean looking. Its the doe eyes. Too big and rounded.

If the new helmets actually look like this, my guess is that they made them slightly bigger and rounder to allow better vision for the actors. This is a modern "war movie" set in the Star Wars universe so most likely lots of melee fighting, so better vision would be necessary.

Having said that, they should have stuck to the original.

I really hope that they include the original cut in a special edition blu-ray. I want to see what was so bad, that they had to redo most of the film.

Sure, you own your fandom but you don't own the films or have any control over the future direction of these or any other films. It's just the way it is. Yeah, it's a ***** sometimes but life is like that. And no, I never said anyone's fandom got flushed. Unless you did the flushing. Do you really care that a cereal box, or a backpack, or a 'whatever' piece of merchandise may contain RO stormtroopers instead of OT (ANH) stormtroopers? Will that really have any effect on your life or the fan that you are? Will it take away from your love of the OT? I doubt it. Or, is it that you buy everything that is Star Wars and are so OCD about perfection and collection continuity that your life is somehow 'blown'? I'm guessing not. If it does, or is, then that's a shame because this is all just good fun and it should never be so serious as to kill what you once appreciated and loved, or to disturb your real life in any functional way. Would I be cool with a Vader redesign? No. But it's not mine. Am I in LOVE with the new stormtrooper design? No. But I do like it and that's enough for me. And if I hated it then what could/can I actually do about it other than *****, *****, *****? And I don't want to be that guy. Ultimately some fans invest too much, and yes, I've been one of those fans. So I get it. But it's a mindset that can and often does, despite the actual film or product, set you up for all kinds of disappointment. Weirdly, you kind of have to be a 'dead man walking' and just accept what you cannot change & not **** on other people's enthusiasm. I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post as "I like them and you don't so get out". That was not at all what I was getting at. It was the posts that pretty much said "I hate them, they're not worthy of my collection and not as good as the OT so shut up" that was why I posted in the first place. The elitist negative comments with regards to the RO stormtroopers just kind of irked me. Those comments did not and do not inspire discussion. They are closed and abrupt and have overtones of superiority which is not cool. It's movies and toys. We're adults. Who's superior here? Looks like an even playing field to me. At least it should be. Anyway the only real factors at play in this change are the ones you want to make an issue out of. Don't. The movies aren't actually about stormtroopers running around. That's part of it, and a cool part, but c'mon it's bigger than that. Or smaller. Probably smaller.

The only thing worse than an OCD fan is a post twelve-steps OCD fan, all pointing fingers and sanctimonious. All that's left now are the five phases of grief, and it sounds like you're between depression and acceptance.:lol

SW fans "don't have any control over the future direction of these films"?

Really.

The PT just seems to be such a priority for Disney, and the reaction of the pathetic, impotent OCD played no part in that. But no, I won't post a dozen quotes from everyone from the JJ's to the Hamill's to LFL's own "Director of Fan Relations" about how they view the opinion of OCD SW fans who do nothing but *****, *****, *****. :slap

Yup... smaller. Definitely, definitely smaller.

How is the use of a ROTJ bucket on an ESB VHS cover any different from what you're complaining/stressing about? It's not a Disney conspiracy thing. It's the way it's always been.

View attachment 298673

OT helmet on an OT video box. Same helmet slightly distorted. Like the lack of widow's peak on the Vader dome. What's your theory here?

I do love that box though - seeing "Star Wars" as a movie title, the after school special "A New Hope" title relegated to the side of the box.

Damnit - OCD again! Life blown - AGAIN! :gah::rotfl

3934yu85yu4.gif

I agree, they don't seem as mean looking. Its the doe eyes. Too big and rounded.

If the new helmets actually look like this, my guess is that they made them slightly bigger and rounder to allow better vision for the actors. This is a modern "war movie" set in the Star Wars universe so most likely lots of melee fighting, so better vision would be necessary.

Having said that, they should have stuck to the original.

I really hope that they include the original cut in a special edition blu-ray. I want to see what was so bad, that they had to redo most of the film.

They do have a slight "child/teen" stormie thing going, like a bit cute almost, but I like them as a "stormie variant." Not sure if I'll get the clean stormie or the orange pauldron one - I really like that winerackpack.

They really should have stuck to the originals, but at the same time, this ISN'T an OT movie, and I kind of like the slight weirdness of them even if the clean-up/design tweak has rendered them a bit like an enlarged Hasbro figure as someone said (where the limits of smaller scale was unable to exactly capture the stormie look.)

But like I said, retconning the stormie - for whatever reason - makes about as much logical or pragmatic sense as retconning Vader does. I mean his helmet is just as asymmetrical, impractical and messed up as the ANH stormies are, so why not tweak it? It's a really valid question.

therethere totally sidestepped the question (apparently he doesn't own the design and so can't comment:lol) but would they have even done something like this to Vader? Yet they did it with something very nearly as iconic - the stormie helmet. A really strange choice.:lecture

The actual costume looks better than the 1:6 rendition. Not as soft, maybe -- not surprising. The gloss paint at 1:6 scale softens things like the orbital ridges around the lenses, and HT tends to produce soft stormtrooper sculpts in general.

Look at those huge, wonky, floppy codpieces. The Stormies can't walk or run without knocking into them. Good God, won't somebody please think of the children?!!

The actual costume looks better than the 1:6 rendition. Not as soft, maybe -- not surprising. The gloss paint at 1:6 scale softens things like the orbital ridges around the lenses, and HT tends to produce soft stormtrooper sculpts in general.

Yeah, it's true - the HT version does seem softer/rounder compared to the full size, especially the eye lenses. They do look good in that pic, though you can't quite see the long torsos or the stubbier legs there.

Yeah, it's true - the HT version does seem softer/rounder compared to the full size, especially the eye lenses. They do look good in that pic, though you can't quite see the long torsos or the stubbier legs there.

It's what I've been saying for a while. We're judging a copy of an interpretation when we look at the HT figures. The film version isn't bad, albeit still not OT :horse ...it's just that HT missed the mark slightly.

It's what I've been saying for a while. We're judging a copy of an interpretation when we look at the HT figures. The film version isn't bad, albeit still not OT :horse ...it's just that HT missed the mark slightly.

Maybe HT should have just used their OT stormie helmet for their RO stormie? Might have looked pretty close.:lol

Maybe HT should have just used their OT stormie helmet for their RO stormie? Might have looked pretty close.:lol

Would have made me happy. But I have to believe that a redesign was mandated by disney. Why put in the extra work if just mailing it in will do? This just happens to be a rare instance where minimum effort would have been preferable:)

I didn't like that first Jedha Trooper they announced, but I'm all about these. These and the plain troopers look way better for some reason.

Actually, the RO helmet is pretty different than the OT helmet in some pretty noticeable ways, so if they would have just reused their previous sculpt, it would have looked very wrong for a Rogue One Stormtrooper.

Stream of consciousness son.
I love you all.

Nah, just lack of basic orthography knowledge, son... :p :lol :lol
:peace

The only thing worse than an OCD fan is a post twelve-steps OCD fan, all pointing fingers and sanctimonious. All that's left now are the five phases of grief, and it sounds like you're between depression and acceptance.:lol

:lol

Agreed, HT missed it a bit when scaling it down

Actually, the RO helmet is pretty different than the OT helmet in some pretty noticeable ways, so if they would have just reused their previous sculpt, it would have looked very wrong for a Rogue One Stormtrooper.

I was joking. The HT OT stormie sculpt is not all that accurate, so I meant that discrepancy/inaccuracy meant it could have worked as a RO stormie helmet.

Nah, just lack of basic orthography knowledge, son... :p :lol :lol
:peace

:lol

Agreed, HT missed it a bit when scaling it down

I think you meant grammar.

"Orthography deals with spelling and punctuation, because these elements are only relevant when the language is written."

"Grammar addresses how we structure our language and includes concepts such as tense agreement, modifiers, sentence diagramming, word order in a sentence, and sentence order in a paragraph."

Cheers.

I have the first Jedha Patrol Stormtrooper coming. It's not quite as nice looking as the orange pauldron one but I'm still looking forward to having it in hand. See if the shock of the new gives off a good vibe on the shelf.

I think you meant grammar.

"Orthography deals with spelling and punctuation, because these elements are only relevant when the language is written."

"Grammar addresses how we structure our language and includes concepts such as tense agreement, modifiers, sentence diagramming, word order in a sentence, and sentence order in a paragraph."

Cheers.

I have the first Jedha Patrol Stormtrooper coming. It's not quite as nice looking as the orange pauldron one but I'm still looking forward to having it in hand. See if the shock of the new gives off a good vibe on the shelf.

For a guy for whom English language is not native language I think I'm doing well. Hope you can do at least at this level in my native language some day :wink1:
Salutări

Back