1/6 Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One 1/6 Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol TK-14057 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Telling yourself something sucks is a good way to avoid buying it. I do it often.

If anything, it looks less derp than the original sandtroopers. I don't mean that in a negative way. I really like the original sandtroopers. Just always thought they look like they're laughing with that super thick brow line. :lol

Telling yourself something sucks is a good way to avoid buying it. I do it often.o

Sometimes a thing is just what it is: unappealing.

Nothing from the Disney or PT era holds any nostalgia value, and merely smacks of merchandising potential far more than everything shown between 1977 and 1983.

I don't know why I'm still in here. Only came in to rubber neck.

Well at least we know the backpack is removable as it is shown in photos with the 2 pack being able to be placed on either the orange or black pauldroned trooper. Still surprised that the 1st version exclusive Jedha trooper's backpack is permanently attached like the Spacetrooper.

Sometimes a thing is just what it is: unappealing.

Nothing from the Disney or PT era holds any nostalgia value, and merely smacks of merchandising potential far more than everything shown between 1977 and 1983.

I don't know why I'm still in here. Only came in to rubber neck.

That makes two of us.

The images seem to indicate that only the troopers in the two-pack will have weathering? If you buy the singles you get clean troopers only? That's... weird.

Well I like the ALICE pack look, it gives a nice transition from early Empire to ANH.

I have the Jedha Stormtrooper and while the changes are quite apparent, I don't mind them (chest plate being least acceptable). I'll likely grab a few more stormies...which version being the question

Isn't the bitching about the RO Stormtroopers pointless though? To what end really? You all sound like you're somehow entitled to have this **** your way. It's a film with a lot of cooks in the kitchen. Decisions are made both good and bad. Things will never be exactly as you, as a fan, think they should be. Of course you've invested yourselves in this universe. And the years of fandom have obviously given you all some feeling of ownership. But truthfully, you don't have any. And bitching on forums won't make it better. Unless anxiety is your thing. Let it go. Though I know you won't. You can't. You're all a little bit hurt. Well, just don't buy any of the merchandise. That'll show your indignation. But maybe, for the fans that are enjoying the new stuff, give it a rest. Or maybe talk about the presentation of the figures themselves as opposed to the "OT is better" ****. Yeah the OT is always going to be better. It was first. It doesn't just carry the wonder and thrill of the new, but the weight of our childhoods with it and nothing, as an adult fan, can ever match that. You can't go back. Nor should you. And that being said, how many of you noticed the differences, at the time, between the (side by side) stormtrooper stunt and hero helmets in ANH? Or any of the changes in the costumes in ESB or ROTJ? I'm guessing no one. You just loved the films. Just sayin'. I like the figures. And I'll like them even more if RO turns out to be a fun entertaining movie. Which is really what Star Wars should always be about. Entertaining movies. And a little bit of toys too.

I really don't mind design changes with those armors. Beyond the fact most were dictated by off camera necessities, they don't necessarily feel out of place from an in universe point of view. As an example, i've spent some time in the (real world) military some tima ago and, even though most of us shared similar gears, there wear differences from one place to another or even in the same station. Reasons could range from different supplier to gradual update. Really nothing that couldn't translate into the Star Wars universe.

Back