HOT TOYS STAR WARS licence?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do you think we will ever get Hot Toys Star Wars 1/6 figures?

yeah those arnt the normal feet i dont know what those are

yeah those arnt the normal feet i dont know what those are

It looks like they might have just incorporated the socket into the lower leg for a more natural look instead of the "cup" that's on the standard TT.

To me that'd be a step backwards, a ball joint like their wrists for the feet would be a pain, as it is on the Prometheus. The ankles they've been using, proving they're tight in the joints, work very well.

Are the extenders not standard? Because Darth Maul came with them on and I acutally removed them.

Yeah they are the standard. Most medicom figs comes with those.

Medicom figs usually comes with 3 types of extenders. The 5mm, the 12mm(pictured on the previous page) and the 15mm. There are longer extenders but those are for figs like Fist of North Star figures.

Stormies come with the 5mm which I think is too short. I used a spare 5mm to bring him to 10mm more and he looks perfect.

the feet and ankles are appearently the new standard on the slim truetype. if you look a the slim truetype announcement photo, it has the same feet/ankles in some of the shots. i asume they did those to make the moonkwalk pose more possible.

the feet and ankles are appearently the new standard on the slim truetype. if you look a the slim truetype announcement photo, it has the same feet/ankles in some of the shots. i asume they did those to make the moonkwalk pose more possible.

It looks like they use the female TT wrist pegs for Michael and the standard wrist pegs for the feet.

This is disappointing to hear. As we all know from experience with the Stormtroopers, the hinge ankles are not as reliable as the traditional ball joints.

Re: Sideshow or Hot Toys for SW 12 inch?

I thought all these times this is a question that need no answer to but now that its asked. Hot Toys, hands down!

I really would like to see what Hot Toys is capable of by creating a Boba Fett.

Oh man, I'd give my left testicle for a Hot Toys Fett.

I will choose Hot Toys over SS anytime, any day. SS's head sculp/portrait always looks emotionless. Unlike from HT, they have that "stare" look. Hot toys still continue to improve the likeness, paint aps, and body etc.

You WILL see hot toys work on fett. I know I'm already enjoying my Hot toys Darth Vader and stormtroopers.

Wow, could you imagine HT doing SW.

I've only recently bought HT figures & got to say Ht all the way for sure a HT Vader :panic:

Hot Toys, for sure.

I find Sideshow to be completely hit or miss. Some of their 1/6th figures look pretty fantastic, and especially so when you factor in the price. But I still haven't seen a good representation of Han Solo or Luke Skywalker. For me, the likeness is very important. If you nail the costume and go crazy on the detail and accessories but the face sculpt and paint doesn't look like who it's supposed to, then I'm probably not interested.

It doesn't even have to be super realistic (eg: Hot Toys), but it DOES have to capture the essence of the character, otherwise it just loses its magic and becomes unremarkable.

On the other hand, I'm kind of glad HT aren't doing Star Wars 12"; I would be SO broke. The thought of that isn't even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back