HOT TOYS STAR WARS licence?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do you think we will ever get Hot Toys Star Wars 1/6 figures?

thos of you that have EPII Obi, how flexible are his boots?

They're the most flexible yet. They're almost as flexible as rubber like the HT Batman's are made of, but they're not rubber, just realy soft plastic.

Most likely, they'd do what they did for the Prince William/Henry figures and make longer/shorter necks to compensate for the height differences, but the William headsculpt is a tad giraffeish.

Sorry to drag this off topic, but do you mean Prince Harry?

I don't think it's an innovation, I think it was just a design choice best suited to rubber suited Batmans.

Frankly, I really hope they don't make all their boots out of that rubber, it scares me enough having Batmans made of it, but just for boots, I'd rather limited plastic that I don't have to worry about breaking down than rubber that could dry up and rot.

the next full booted figure from hot toys will be the indicator as to whiter or not batmans boots are the new norm. HOWEVER, the newer sideshow boots have been made of a far more flexable material, allowing for some ankle articulation, similar to medicom 's boots.
thos of you that have EPII Obi, how flexible are his boots?

I think it's whatever the design team chooses. While Batman's boots were rubber (which I suspect was a result like MF suggested, matching best with the suit), the Secret Service teams have leather boots over TrueType feet and it looks like Dutch and Billy share the same sculpted Panamas.

Sorry to drag this off topic, but do you mean Prince Harry?

Henry, Harry, whatever the little runt's name is. :lol

Who the hell would want a figure of those tools anyway? Ohh I want figures of the Obama girls!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's whatever the design team chooses. While Batman's boots were rubber (which I suspect was a result like MF suggested, matching best with the suit), the Secret Service teams have leather boots over TrueType feet and it looks like Dutch and Billy share the same sculpted Panamas.

The SS figure has actual feet sitting inside the boots? I've never tried to remove Swann's boots so maybe she's the same, so might just be a female figure thing for some reason. Be curious to see what the deal is when Dutch ships.

Who the hell would want a figure of those tools anyway? Ohh I want figures of the Obama girls!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair Prog, the scupts were used for HT's British tank commander and another British trooper. So they weren't exactly figures of those two per say, but like Ed Norton and their Jake Gyllenhaal, disguised in their military releases.

The SS figure has actual feet sitting inside the boots? I've never tried to remove Swann's boots so maybe she's the same, so might just be a female figure thing for some reason. Be curious to see what the deal is when Dutch ships.

No, I think Swan was like Machiko who has sculpted boots. Though, don't quote me as I passed on the POTCs.

Hot Toys has made a small/slim male body. Their MJ figure uses it.

I thought I saw pics somewhere here that show it being closer to Medicom height. :confused:

Could've been! I wish I could find the pics though...

GRRRRR. That was.... painful! :lol But yeah, if you look at the RAH's feet, you can see the fat extenders between them and the lower leg (look how horribly stubby the arms look with them - completely disproportionate). Those are about 1/2in extenders. Same I used on my Medi Stormtrooper to get him up to Sideshow height:

20090329031247133.jpg.jpg

Which reiterates my point that HT's 12" human males are all the same height. :lol

GRRRRR. That was.... painful! :lol But yeah, if you look at the RAH's feet, you can see the fat extenders between them and the lower leg (look how horribly stubby the arms look with them - completely disproportionate). Those are about 1/2in extenders. Same I used on my Medi Stormtrooper to get him up to Sideshow height:

20090329031247133.jpg.jpg

Which reiterates my point that HT's 12" human males are all the same height. :lol

Are the extenders not standard? Because Darth Maul came with them on and I acutally removed them.

They're standard. (at least in my exp)

Is that MJ the new TT they used for the figure? Looks quite different from the typical TT.

Are the feet completely modified though? TT's use ball joints and the ankles on the Michael in that photo look more like the new SSC Prometheus ankles and the feet definitely aren't from that body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back