HOT TOYS STAR WARS licence?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this idea (it is not a rumor, nobody is saying they heard it will happen) always has to be taken as a what-if, and left at that. While I like discussing it, it does seam like there is a thread born every 5 minutes on the subject with little enough difference that it could all be rolled into one thread as MaulFan has helped us out with.

My personal belief is that Sideshow likely has the license for as long as Hasbro does...until 2018. But the only reason I say that is because I can not see Hasbro having sold just a few years of the license uless they really had the brilliant thought do a test first. And I am sure that even if they did that, there was a renewal option for Sideshow.

I am not saying this is what happened...I am saying this seems to be the smartest way to go and I am assuming that Sideshow and Hasbro figured that out and made the deal accordingly. But it is an assumption on my part.

On the other hand...I have no clue what Medicom got in terms of length on their contract for the Asian license (if it is, in fact, true that is what their license is). And if it comes up for bid any time soon, I would bet that Hot Toys will be on it like a ravenous beast. And will likely have the resources to take it from Medicom.

(The preceding is an opinion and should not, in any way, be interpreted as gospel.:))

that was a bad thing? :dunno

I am not quite sure what you mean.

But after rethinking my rethinking...I do wonder if Hot Toys and Sideshow would continue their partnership if Hot Toys was able to take the license from Medicom.

I am sure Hot Toys would be happy to double dip. But would they use the same items they are making for Sideshow in their own offerings? Would Sideshow have a say in that? Or would Hot Toys Hot Toys work to outdo even the cooperative efforts they make with Sideshow?

I would like to find out as long as Sideshow stays with the license.

jajajaja please people of HT , I do not want to have to buy all the figures again pleaseeeeee !!!!!!!!!!

I just submitted this as a question to ask Sideshow:

My question pertains to the licenses. I am very curious about the relationship between the licenses that Sideshow/Hot Toys shares ( I realize that the word “shares” is only appropriate in the very loosest of definitions) and Medicom’s. Are they regional licenses or are they defined by some aspect of production? How long does Sideshow have the license for? I am assuming 2018 in line with Hasbro's. Can Hot Toys or Medicom attempt to take the license that Sideshow has or does Sideshow's location give them priority over the others? Can Sideshow go after the license that Medicom has when it expires and does Sideshow have any plans of doing that? If Hot Toys were to take Medicom's license, would the collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys be severed? And what about…Naomi? (Sorry, I could not resist throwing in the “Love of Chair” reference) J.

And yes, I do realize the odds of actually getting an answer to a question about this aspect of the business.

Im curious to see what hot toys would select to produce. The whole line or just aspects of it.

I just submitted this as a question to ask Sideshow:

My question pertains to the licenses. I am very curious about the relationship between the licenses that Sideshow/Hot Toys shares ( I realize that the word “shares” is only appropriate in the very loosest of definitions) and Medicom’s. Are they regional licenses or are they defined by some aspect of production? How long does Sideshow have the license for? I am assuming 2018 in line with Hasbro's. Can Hot Toys or Medicom attempt to take the license that Sideshow has or does Sideshow's location give them priority over the others? Can Sideshow go after the license that Medicom has when it expires and does Sideshow have any plans of doing that? If Hot Toys were to take Medicom's license, would the collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys be severed? And what about…Naomi? (Sorry, I could not resist throwing in the “Love of Chair” reference) J.

And yes, I do realize the odds of actually getting an answer to a question about this aspect of the business.

also, you did not mention what license you were referring to.

Im curious to see what hot toys would select to produce. The whole line or just aspects of it.

Well, if the past is anything to consider...

4 lines off the top of my head.

Aliens
Missing Bishop and Newt

Watchmen
Missing Rorschach ( THE MAIN CHARACTER)
Missing many others too

Batman
Missing Ra's Al ' Ghoul (Main villain from the first one)

Pirates
Missing Barbosa

and it's easier to list the 3 figures from ALIEn instead of all the ones they didnt do.

I hope Hot toys DOESN't Get a star was license

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back