Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

If Sideshow stopped distributing, HT would be dead in the water. I don't think they'd make it out alive unless they secured new distribution very quickly. I could be mistaken about their cash-flow position, and maybe they're swimming in it to keep them afloat long term, but I seriously doubt it.

For better or worse, they're partners in many respects. It's a symbiotic relationship of sorts, but one where HT is much more dependent on SSC. I don't even think HT would have been able to secure their own license for SW without SSC, but of course it's conjecture without proof.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Maybe much later. But for now I think they kinda share the 1/6 licence with SSC. But who really knows :dunno

But I totaly see a Storm Boba Vader in 1/4 !!!!! :yess:

Yes they share the licence, but SS no longer have any say on what figures HT produce. Why do you see 1/4 scale Vader, Boba and Stormies, but not 1/6? If you ask me 1/4 is much less likely as SS have recently announced Vader, Boba and a Sandy in this scale, and the SS Stormie didn't exactly sell well.

Vader will be made...

I think HT are ruthless. As soon as it's stops being advantageous for them to be in bed with SS they will drop them like a hot potato.
What I believe HT and SS have going at the moment is "treat your enemy as your friend" type scenario, both companies are currently benefiting from an uneasy alliance. All HT have to do is get their own international distributors. I would like to bet Howad has his sights on world domination.
:lol

That all could happen but I don't think based on things that any of it will.

Any idea if the 1/4 items will be poseable figures or statues?

You can't forget who controls what gets made - LFL. And you can't forget who brings more money to the table, that's SSC. You have to balance releases between your licensees if you want to keep the peace. And HT and Sideshow also have an amazing and long-standing working relationship that I'm sure neither side would want to jeopardize. Don't let lust and desire cloud your judgement, this is business, and it's not good business for any party involved to release the same characters at the same time.

The LFL of old might have balanced releases. However, in the last year, this doesn't seem to be the case as much. As an example, look at how many 6 inch Vaders are being made. We have Vaders coming from Medicom, Hasbro, Bandai, and whoever makes Revoltech. All in the same scale and the same year. As far as licensees, Disney is definitely taking a new strategy.

Vader is an easy sale. Just looking at Hot Toys' record with their Batman and Marvel lines, it is obvious they don't mind going for the characters that will sale the most.

The LFL of old might have balanced releases. However, in the last year, this doesn't seem to be the case as much. As an example, look at how many 6 inch Vaders are being made.

They're all totally different. Different formats (except inch measurement) different markets, etc. Also, none of those companies have the symbiotic relationship SSC and HT have.

^One person is talking PF the other 1/6th I believe.^

I could see HT doing Anakin and ROTS Vader first up, that wouldn't be out of the ordinary for HT.

They're all totally different. Different formats (except inch measurement) different markets, etc. Also, none of those companies have the symbiotic relationship SSC and HT have.

Different designs, but not different formats. They are all super articulated 6 inch figures of Vader after all. I also think the markets for the 6 inch figures overlap quite a bit, especially for the Japanese produced figs. I do agree though that SSC and Hot Toys have a symbiotic relationship that may affect figure choices.

I could see HT doing Anakin and ROTS Vader first up, that wouldn't be out of the ordinary for HT.

Only if it's like the Bespin Luke set; two versions of Hayden - that's what I can see them doing, not a suited ROTS Vayda.

Going off Chan's sentiments in past interviews, their first Vader will more than likely be OT.

Only if it's like the Bespin Luke set; two versions of Hayden - that's what I can see them doing, not a suited ROTS Vayda.

Going off Chan's sentiments in past interviews, their first Vader will more than likely be OT.

Yup! That's what I've been banging on about for a while. It will be two Haydens, not a Hayden and a Vader. Well, it might be but it would cost a trizzillion dollars.
:lol

It's a BIG might.

Darth Vader is basically the entire saga in a nutshell, & you think Chan being the old school SW fan that he purports to be, will devote time & R&D dollars into mass producing a Vayda-lite? :rotfl :lol

Two Haydens is fine.

Hayden & dress up guy - GTFO PLEASE. :wave

I hope the concentration is on core characters from OT however, Obi Wan and Anakin from ROtS would likely be a purchase......also I can see Yoda, Jawas and Ewoks in the future since they created a smaller body for Marvels Rocket character.

It's a BIG might.

Darth Vader is basically the entire saga in a nutshell, & you think Chan being the old school SW fan that he purports to be, will devote time & R&D dollars into mass producing a Vayda-lite? :rotfl :lol

Two Haydens is fine.

Hayden & dress up guy - GTFO PLEASE. :wave

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Listen to this man. :lol

Back