Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

I don't think HT will waste their time on the Clone Wars nonsense. :lol

as a highend collector, better for me then that ssc is doing tcw, and i can avoid ht's little 1/6 toys and just wait for their 1/4 stuff from eps 1-7...anything smaller is just a waste of my time...

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

1/4? You mean a doll collector then? ;)

as a highend collector, better for me then that ssc is doing tcw, and i can avoid ht's little 1/6 toys and just wait for their 1/4 stuff from eps 1-7...anything smaller is just a waste of my time...

Well, that post was a waste of my time... UP, up, and to the ignore!

tumblr_inline_mqi0kblJ461qz4rgp.jpg

Is this picture really that far off?

I don't think HT will waste their time on the Clone Wars nonsense. :lol

Only because Sideshow just did it. If not that would be right up their alley.

Speaking of "dolls," has any company tried to tackle Slave Leia in 1/6? I know of the Gentle Giant statue and Black Series figure. Not that I would (cough) buy one anyway or anything.

"possible to come out with 1/6 star wars vehicle?"............"this is possible in the future"............i guess a slight indication of possibility is better then a straight decline. my slightest of hope stays alive.

Only because Sideshow just did it. If not that would be right up their alley.
I see what you mean; like the Batman / Joker / Iron Man / Predator etc thing, yeah? :lol

Perhaps.. but it's far better as things are now, because Chan will crack the whip on the core saga stuff now.. which is right up a myriad of folks' alley. :duff

All these posts and no bets on what HTs first of many many many clones will be? :lol

I'll be curious HT take on armored figs which is not necessarily PT related. As I recall, they assisted SS in initial development of their figs.

I definitely do NOT want another Vader figure. I bought the Deluxe one from SSC and although it has its issues, it still looks like Vader standing amongst my other figures and although I will not pose him so you can see how puny his upper arms are, he looks pretty menacing in the right poses (and I think even HT would be hard pressed to do a better Sabastian Shaw reveal sculpt).

I would really like to see something that we have not seen before (Han (ESB or ANH or DX w/ both) or Leia (any but Slave Leia would be amazing) or if we go to Prequels, I would really like Dooku).

I am not as down on SSC as some, their new stuff is pretty good and at the SW panel at SDCC they said they were going to do Stormtroopers and Bounty Hunters which makes me really happy, I really wanted to set up Vader with the six Hunters from ESB. I really hope that HT and SSC complement rather than compete as you could "hold out" for the HT version of a figure and its a good chance you will never see it actually happen.

I want a HT vader since I passed on the SSC...

Yup...a little more in scale than SS. I had SS most recent version and while it is a nice figure scale is an issue...

Not only that, i heard the tailoring was a bit off, specifically the legs

I definitely do NOT want another Vader figure..

One's likely not coming so you don't have anything to even worry about or consider. I just just feel sorry for the people delusional enough to believe that Hot Toys would release one immediately and that it would be any better than SSC's. Just like people thought SSC couldn't compete with Tama on a 3PO. Living in fantasy land. Every company in 1/6 today has hits and misses, no one hits it out of the park every time. And if anyone spends even 5 seconds in the DC forum they'll get eyeballs full of HT criticism and ridicule. It's amusing, no, hilarious, that some folks think HT is a panacea for Star Wars. I'm wondering what they base that on. DX07? Yeah, pretty good, far from flawless. Maybe all the Marvel stuff? They've yet to release a passable Tony Stark figure or Wolverine - they're all plagued with crazy number of issues and poor likenesses.

IMO, it's a good time for collectors with TWO great producers incensed for Star Wars. If we lost Sideshow in the Star Wars game it would be a truly sad day - there's no way Hot Toys or anyone else could take up the slack alone.

I collect 1/6, I'm not stuck to one producer. That said, I have a number of Sideshow *AND* Hot Toys products on my shelves and additional products from both pre-ordered or on schedule for the next 6 months.

Last edited:

I bet they do Nien Nunb first.

Back