Hot Toys Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still...I haven't been this excited about upcoming figure news since McFarlane announced their acquisition of The Matrix and T3 licences.

Wow. I hope Spider-man is the movie version with silver webbing.

I hope they do X-Men too. I would love a HT Jean Grey and Cyclops.

was there costume changes between all 3 movies besides the black suit? Or are you referring to the villains?

Yes there is a costume change in all three films.

Spider-Man 1, the weblines were really glossy giving a silver appearance in the light but were black and the patterning on the blue was really subtile

spiderman1.jpg

spider-man.jpg

Spider-Man.jpg

Spider-Man 2, the weblines were damn near silver completely even though they were said to be tinted, the spider was slightly enlarged and was changed in terms of arm length, this is why the MediCom figure for Spider-Man 2 had silver weblines, the diamond patterning was changed and made more noticable like scales almost in this suit:

spiderman2_l.jpg

spider-man-2_l.jpg

2004_Spider-Man_2.jpg

Spider-Man 3, there were even more subtile changes. The spider is changed again and the weblines were much darker, even though the conceptuals and the promotionals had similar weblines, the film had darker lines in the film to differ from the black suit, this is why the MediCom suit for the Spider-Man 3 figures had solid black weblines, the diamond patterning in the blue was also changed:

spider-man3pic.jpg

spiderman3_creepingart.jpg

spider-man3-still.jpg

2007_spider_man_3_001.jpg

Its like the Vader thing in the Original Trilogy, where the changes were subtile and the casual fan wouldn't really notice.

I also hope that rumour of HT getting a master licence for Marvel AND DC is true...Keaton Batman...Reeve Supes.

The rumors of the Master License on the DC side only contained Batman. Superman was never rumored nor part of the deal and I would assume that with the recent court issues dealing with who holds the rights I would think that no new Superman licenses would be granted until that issue gets resolved. Unless HT already got a Reeve license in the bag which is possible considering the Cinemaquette and DCD stuff I wouldn't hold my breath on that front.

Awesome!! :rock :rock :rock

If it's movie Spidey, i think i just need Spidey and Doc Ock. If it's comic book Spidey, :horror!!

GOD, HT just ^^^^ing owns! The news just keeps getting better and better.

90% shot that its a film version. If it were a Spider-Man from the Comic Book era I think there'd be more hoopla around it.

i actually prefer the look of the movie version spidey, that doesnt mean i will get it, but i just loved the over all pattern of the costume and i wish SS did a comi of the version instead of all those tiny pieces that came from the movie.........should be interesting :drool

I probably won't get it since I have the medicom Spider-Man 3 figure (symbiote suit) but I'm excited to see how this looks. And who knows...maybe I will buy one...

I'm not really looking for much from HT's Marvel License....Just the following few items:

Hulk
80% of the X-Men Heroes
80% of the X-Men Villians
Fantastic 4
Avengers
Doom
Daredevil
Punisher
Spiderman
Doc Ock
Goblin
Blade

Last edited:
F' ing HT rules :rock2

Spiderman:
Spiderman / Peter 2 in 1 | Venom, Goblin, Goblin II and Dr Octopus

Xmen:
Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm, Jean, Prof X, Rogue, Iceman | Magneto, Mystic, Juggernaut, Toad, Sabertooth, Piro

Blade: eh

Other Marvel license I hope for:
Daredevil / Murdock 2 in 1 | Kingpin
Punisher | Jigsaw
Hulk, Banner | Abomination
Ghost Rider / Blaze 2 in 1

I know jumping the gun and being way over stimulated on speculation. I am really curious to find out more :banana

omg so hot toys marvel license is up and the mars attacks was foreal omg ,im getting nighrcrawler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back