Hot Toys Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
Looks like the poll was for nothing. According to Eddie Wong, Spider-Man will be shown tomorrow. I wonder what the other new licenses will be.

https://www.eddiewong.net/2009/07/19/itts-2009-all-for-today-im-beat/

Will continue the ‘International Tokyo Toy Show 2009′ coverage(ish) tomorrow.

Expect the following:

EnterBay booth
EnterBay DragonBall Movie
Hot Toys booth
Hot Toys Watchmen
Hot Toys Terminator 4 with 2 special non-sale Terminators
Hot Toys UP
Hot Toys MMS DX Batman
Hot Toys Cos-Babies
Hot Toys – new licenses (yes, Spider-Man and many more)

Sweet! I want to change my vote in their poll to Hulk then!

And whats up with the 2 non-sale Terminators? "These look great huh? Too bad you'll never own them! Mwwahahahahaha!"

(yes, Spider-Man and many more) ...hope this means HULK :rock

So, definitely movie Spider-man, not comic, right?

I dunno, Medicom did a great job with the Spidey license, though I guess there was still room for HT to improve. Let's just hope they don't give spidey a rubber suit.

I don't care either way. But I would guess movie. I hope they make villians too! How cool would Doc Ock be? Or Green Goblin done like Iron Man? Sandman could be fun to.

I don't get it. Did HT got Marvel license for entire universe? Any news? Has anyone heard anything? Their poll confused the hell out of me.

I hope they do the movie figures! Im aboard!

Ohhhhh hellllll naw I voted hulk but I guess spidey won't look bad next to wolverine! Maybe a venom?! Spider man 3?! The movie wasn't great but venoms design was great!

Last edited:
I don't get it. Did HT got Marvel license for entire universe? Any news? Has anyone heard anything? Their poll confused the hell out of me.

The thing is all of the movies outside of Incredible Hulk and Ironman were not done by Marvel Studios. They were licensed out to Fox, Sony, etc. etc. So HT wouldn't have a all encompassing license. I would think they would need to go to each studio for each film.

But I'm happy with Spidey. One of my favorite comic characters.

Ironman, Wolverine, and Spidey will make a great trio. I hope we get Hulk though as well as the other Advenger film characters. Black Widow and Nick Fury from IM2 would also be nice to get in addition to the Mark IV.

So, definitely movie Spider-man, not comic, right?

I dunno, Medicom did a great job with the Spidey license, though I guess there was still room for HT to improve. Let's just hope they don't give spidey a rubber suit.

The comic Spidey had breakage issues because of the red plastic or something like that. Never had problems with mine, although he is creaky at the joints.

The comic Spidey had breakage issues because of the red plastic or something like that. Never had problems with mine, although he is creaky at the joints.

I had the comic Spidey and I broke his left shoulder. I barely even lifted the arm and *snap*, Spidey's arm goes limp. I was speaking specifically about the outfit and headsculpt(s), which are still pretty good. I also owned the comic Venom. He was cool, but way too short.

I think I'm in the minority that liked the Medicom movie Spider-man figures. Sure, the suit is made of a material that poorly mimics the screen suit, and the webbing wasn't as silvery as it should have been, but he still looks quite nice. Not a bad $99. The black suit Spidey was even better.

im really curious about this one. ive never seen any 1/6 company do a good spidey mask........ imo it shouldn't be a headsculpt it should be full on sewn to the costume.

I had the comic Spidey and I broke his left shoulder. I barely even lifted the arm and *snap*, Spidey's arm goes limp. I was speaking specifically about the outfit and headsculpt(s), which are still pretty good. I also owned the comic Venom. He was cool, but way too short.

I think I'm in the minority that liked the Medicom movie Spider-man figures. Sure, the suit is made of a material that poorly mimics the screen suit, and the webbing wasn't as silvery as it should have been, but he still looks quite nice. Not a bad $99. The black suit Spidey was even better.

The thing on the comic version that bugs me are the "boots"?! I mean what the heck?! Thinking about getting mine customized with a new body and eliminating the footwear. Just got to get my wife to do the sewing.

The thing is all of the movies outside of Incredible Hulk and Ironman were not done by Marvel Studios. They were licensed out to Fox, Sony, etc. etc. So HT wouldn't have a all encompassing license. I would think they would need to go to each studio for each film.

But I'm happy with Spidey. One of my favorite comic characters.

Ironman, Wolverine, and Spidey will make a great trio. I hope we get Hulk though as well as the other Advenger film characters. Black Widow and Nick Fury from IM2 would also be nice to get in addition to the Mark IV.

Exactly. I thought they got a license from MARVEL to create any figure from their Marvel comic books. Since we're talking about movies here, then HELL YES!

I want my freaking GREEN GOBLIN from Spider-Man. :)

There were rumors a long time ago that HT got two "Master Licenses" one for Batman which would be going through DC and Warner Bros to create Batmans from different periods which would include Keaton through Bale (No West since there is issues with the rights to the series which is why it isn't on DVD). The other was a Marvel Films license, which would encompass all Marvel characters done on film because they would buy the right from Marvel Enterprises themselves. The difference between the two is while they can buy the rights from Marvel Enterprises they would need to get rights from the movie studios themselves as well. They got rights obviously from 20th Century Fox which would include X-Men films possibilities but also any real possible Marvel films under the 20th Century Fox umbrella. If they release Spider-Man it would mean they got rights from Sony/Columbia.

It'd give a little more credability to those rumors though....

you mean kinda like sideshow did with snake-eyes I assume?

I think that could work if done right, like Snake Eyes was. But they did feel Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow were better suited for sculpted masks. Cobra Commander more to not have a face under his mask though.

This sounds great! I hope they make a Green Goblin with a second unmasked Willem Dafoe head!!! :rock

They could throw in a couple of the pumpkin bombs, maybe a cannister of that strength enhancement.

And of course his glider!!! :lecture

Although I could see them doing a separate version of the glider like the Batpod...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back