1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I don't think we'll be getting this one.

I mean they had Jude Law from Captain Marvel and even freaking Robin from Batman Forever on display at Comic-Con.

If Mysterio ain't making an appearance there, he's probably never going to.

I mean they had Jude Law from Captain Marvel and even freaking Robin from Batman Forever on display at Comic-Con.

Well that same argument can be used to justify that Mysterio will indeed be made.

It's been many months since the initial CM figure reveal...and BAM they drop Jude on us. So why can't the same logic be applied for Mysterio?

Endgame Thor didn’t make an appearance, but we’re getting him.

There are other shows that HT is involved in after CC. Maybe Mysterio isn't ready now but will be then? Never say never. I wouldn't have imagined getting just a BF Robin, but here we are.

There are other shows that HT is involved in after CC. Maybe Mysterio isn't ready now but will be then? Never say never. I wouldn't have imagined getting just a BF Robin, but here we are.

Yeah I am sure it will show up eventually. Some people just being overly dramatic.

Everything you mentioned was shown way after their respective movies were released. To say we won’t see Mysterio ever because he isn’t at SDCC doesn’t make any sense at all. The examples you use completely contradicts the point you’re trying to make.

Everything you mentioned was shown way after their respective movies were released. To say we won’t see Mysterio ever because he isn’t at SDCC doesn’t make any sense at all. The examples you use completely contradicts the point you’re trying to make.

Correct statement. However, I don't think there will be a release as there seems to be some licensing issue going on with Sony to where Hot Toys seems to only produce and bring to market Spider-Man himself, and that's it. Only villains I can remember them actually taking all the way to market was Electro & New Green Goblin (Sandman is a base and so is Molten Man). They showed off Rhino - no solicitation. Vulture - no solicitation. I mean, to have a Venom movie and not produce a Venom figure? Something is wrong there!

Perhaps HT is seeing how the reaction is, which is comparable to the Mandarin. Mysterio is too cool visually to pass on IMO. You do not need Jake Gylellensladfhall's sculpt for it either. IMO Spidey villains and Batman villains should not be passed up.
s

Correct statement. However, I don't think there will be a release as there seems to be some licensing issue going on with Sony to where Hot Toys seems to only produce and bring to market Spider-Man himself, and that's it. Only villains I can remember them actually taking all the way to market was Electro & New Green Goblin (Sandman is a base and so is Molten Man). They showed off Rhino - no solicitation. Vulture - no solicitation. I mean, to have a Venom movie and not produce a Venom figure? Something is wrong there!

Well leave it to Sony to **** things up. They are so stupid

Alright settle down.

Mysterio is popular, people are asking for him now. Are people clamouring for Yon Ragg? No. Just thought it was an opportune time to show Mysterio.

Heaven forbid I make a hyperbolic statement on the internet and someone has to pick it to shreds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they passed on so many great villains -- Vulture, Yellowjacket, Crossbones -- why stop now?

I see from Hot Toys point of view that reusability is a point of emphasis. More bang for their buck. But you see Krennic, Hela, Deathstroke, Arkham Knight, etc. and wonder where is the reuse with them? Mysterio is just as visually appealing as any villain and he doesn't have to cost you approval with a headsculpt. And I believe that an attachment to Spidey or Batman makes you more appealing than say a random villain from Ant-Man, even though I believe Crossbones and Yellowjacket would sell well.

Alright settle down.

Mysterio is popular, people are asking for him now. Are people clamouring for Yon Ragg? No. Just thought it was an opportune time to show Mysterio.

Heaven forbid I make a hyperbolic statement on the internet and someone has to pick it to shreds.

Wrong side of the bed today?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see from Hot Toys point of view that reusability is a point of emphasis. More bang for their buck. But you see Krennic, Hela, Deathstroke, Arkham Knight, etc. and wonder where is the reuse with them? Mysterio is just as visually appealing as any villain and he doesn't have to cost you approval with a headsculpt. And I believe that an attachment to Spidey or Batman makes you more appealing than say a random villain from Ant-Man, even though I believe Crossbones and Yellowjacket would sell well.

I was trying to pick visually interesting villains that got passed up. But HT has a very long track record of ignoring villains for some reason.

Engineering and cost is definitely a factor. In Krennic's case, its mostly Tarkin uniform reuse, so he made sense and it was curious what took so long on that one. Other villains made seem on the simpler side, like Hela.

Yellowjacket perhaps made no sense with what they'd have to charge or the profit margin was too small. Same with Crossbones perhaps. It's all I can think of to make sense of it. HT does not want to pass up money that's for sure.

Mysterio seems fairly simple, so I still think he'll show up.

Back