1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like the reason they avoid villains is because they don't sell as well as heroes. I remember 3A was asked why they push Autobots so much compared to Decepticons and they said all their hero characters sell way more than their villains.

Probably the same for Hot Toys. Stupid reason though in the case of these really popular characters but who knows how they work when they make characters that literally no one asked for.

One way to solve the lower sales issue and still please us collectors is by putting out less production numbers for villains, then watch villains triple in aftermarket prices...lol

Take this as you will. Apparently someone asked about mysterio at this weekends con in HK and the reply was "no plans"... If true, it doesn't surprise me, I wasn't expecting to see it anyway.

Well that's pretty crappy. I'm totally passing on all FFH stuff then. I loved the movie but Mysterio was a big part of that love.

This does indeed suck. There's no reason not to do him. He doesn't have the size issues that Vulture had and he was a great villain. I'm surprised that Killmonger and Hela got made and this didn't. I know Hela sold out but maybe the production run was much smaller. It will be interesting to see if Killmonger sells out too. If he does, maybe they will rethink Mysterio.

I wouldn't even count Thanos in this discussion as he was so integral to the plot of Infinity War and Endgame that he's almost like a hero character in terms of how he was marketed.

Maybe its a problem with licensing from Sony, maybe they can only make spiderman?

They made New Goblin and Sandman, Vulture, and Molten Man made it out as baes so I can’t imagine that’s it. Sadly, a zombie Iron Man is probably more likely than Mysterio at this point. Kind of surprised they haven’t done another Fury either.

Oh yeah, I completely blocked him from my memory. I can’t imagine why :lol Hopefully Electro’s poor sales aren’t preventing them from doing more Spider-Man villains. If the villains are handled right in the films, we’ll want to buy them!

Oh yeah, I completely blocked him from my memory. I can’t imagine why :lol Hopefully Electro’s poor sales aren’t preventing them from doing more Spider-Man villains. If the villains are handled right in the films, we’ll want to buy them!

Honestly i would rather have the videogame villains than any of the movie villains.

How bizarre to skip villains people love. Part of me can’t believe it. They must be joking. Consideration would lead to discovery of high demand. Both villains have high demand for the unmasked actor yoo

What's strange to me is that no third party has taken any of these on. The complexity and features of either villain isn't beyond the capabilities of them; they might not have HT's crispness in the end, but they've gotten to the point that they can largely emulate the quality of HT from 5 years ago, and that's still very, very good.

IMO you can't pass up Batman and Spidey villains that are pretty similar to their comic appearance. No way would I buy a Hela, fake Mandarin nor a Yon-Rogg. Perhaps they are going for the Spider-Man game characters? The response has been pretty positive with what we have so far.

What's strange to me is that no third party has taken any of these on. The complexity and features of either villain isn't beyond the capabilities of them; they might not have HT's crispness in the end, but they've gotten to the point that they can largely emulate the quality of HT from 5 years ago, and that's still very, very good.

In Mysterio's case, the 3rd party could just give us the fishbowl look & sidestep the inevitable customer dissatisfaction that comes with a sub-par headsculpt.

Back