Hot Toys Spider-Man (Black Suit) - Spider-Man 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this forum.

The initial excitement of the announcement always turns into a frenzy of picking apart inaccurate details half a day later. You can set your clock by it.

Questions are asked, theories posited, jokes told. Screen caps, digital assets, prop comparisons, marketing materials, behind the scenes anecdotes, and everything in-between are thrown onto the table.

This is the nitpicking minutia scrutinizing I live for.

Never change. Godspeed, Freaks.
1695446337117.gif

Did they reuse the body, mask, and hands from the original black suit release? It looks very… similar.

Well, 1 day passed, slept on it and god DAMN I'm so excited to get this. If you get the exclusive version do you also get the normal hexagonal base?

Well, 1 day passed, slept on it and god DAMN I'm so excited to get this. If you get the exclusive version do you also get the normal hexagonal base?
interesting, now that you mentioned, i think the exclusive version without diorama will have the hex base, while that with diorama will not have hex base

Sounds about right for hot toys. They make nice stuff but take forever to come out

Originally, in the comics, Venom took that form after bonded with Eddie purely as a distortion of the look Spider-Man has, taking the "perfect host"'s appearance and making it more dangerous and intimidating due to the shared hatred the symbiote and Eddie shared for Peter. Since then, the other symbiote designs we've seen have mostly been direct offspring of Venom, ie Carnage, Riot, etc., which explains why they look like Spider-Man with sharp teeth (copying Venom's look due to being direct descendants). The standalone movie is the only piece of media I can think of that has Venom and the other symbiotes look like that without any link to Spider-Man, and outside of that film, they probably take on whatever appearance most strongly resonates with their host, without the distortion of the teeth and tongue and such.
That’s why the movies to me are kinda stupid lol. I love the venom design but he looks like Spider-Man without having any connection. But it’s Sony and they really wanted their stupid universe.

interesting, now that you mentioned, i think the exclusive version without diorama will have the hex base, while that with diorama will not have hex base
Yes correct there are four versions. I got a bit confused by the codes but I think it’s like below. On the HT website they refer to the codes as MMS 727 - MMS 727B.

Also nice they have designed new webs.

MMS 727 (A)
IMG_9277.jpeg

MMS 727B
IMG_9278.jpeg

MMS 728 (A)
IMG_9275.jpeg

MMS 728B
IMG_9279.jpeg

Yes correct there are four versions. I got a bit confused by the codes but I think it’s like below. On the HT website they refer to the codes as MMS 727 - MMS 727B.

Also nice they have designed new webs.

MMS 727 (A)
View attachment 664412

MMS 727B
View attachment 664413

MMS 728 (A)
View attachment 664417

MMS 728B
View attachment 664415
Screw it I’m going for the super mega ultra special deluxe edition. The hexagonal base you can easily get on the aftermarket.

I knew Bully Maguire was coming after NWH but didn’t believe it would be this soon.

Top 3 grails, maybe even top 1 for me. Now bring an artisan Armored Batman with diecast parts and I’m out of this.
7BD0F4AB-DC68-4642-BD8A-441CC15B2D65.jpeg
A87CD788-33AB-47F8-AC37-D4732E9C1138.png

Back