1/6 Hot Toys Speculation Thread - Avengers 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nebula and Mantis if made are the only must haves here for me. If Carol doesn't get a figure until Avengers 4 ill get her(doubtful). This is the first Avengers flick where it just seems too samey to get excited about the hot toys. I may finally get a second Iron Man but Thor, Cap, all look too much like other flicks. The new Hulk might be cool once we see him in motion, just not sure yet.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Maybe that's why the concept Iron Man went away...this one will be the main armor in the movie, and it wouldn't make any sense to release a concept armor paint job of a reused model when people will want the latest and greatest variant which will look oddly similar.

Cool. I'll be picking up that scale mail Cap. As for Iron Man... I don't know. I only wanted one of each character in my collection and that 41 dollar NRD on the model prime is too much money for me to just say "Nah, I'll cancel and wait to see how Tony's last armor is going to look." Well, what might be his last armor I don't ***in know. I usually wait too long on the Iron Mans anyway and they sell out before I get a chance to see which one I'd rather pick up. I'll just stick to the infinity war one, unless that concept art civil war armor ends up being released and is too nice to resist since I missed out on the original.

Maybe that's why the concept Iron Man went away...this one will be the main armor in the movie, and it wouldn't make any sense to release a concept armor paint job of a reused model when people will want the latest and greatest variant which will look oddly similar.

That's what I thought when I saw this new one...I would think most collectors who want a classic colour scheme would go for this rather than the concept version. They might still do it as it's a repaint but probably further down the line than was originally planned.

I'm just glad we'll finally have a Scarlett with sculpted hair (hopefully). Sick of these Barbie-looking Black Widow figures.

View attachment 427994
Looks like thor wont change much. Was kinda hoping he would go back to long hair. Especially if there is some type of time skip. Those golden locks would look great with stormbreaker lol
Can anyone notice a single difference in Thor’s outfit to that of Infinity Wars?

Not to rule out something radical happening to him and getting a figure based off of that, but surely we won’t get a figure of this look, at least.

I can't find the conversation now, but I read a rumor on Facebook this morning saying that someone at hot toys was the one who leaked these new images and they may be in hot water because of it... obviously there is no concrete evidence that this is true (yet) and it may just be B.S., but I figured it was worth mentioning for the sake of conversation.

I can't find the conversation now, but I read a rumor on Facebook this morning saying that someone at hot toys was the one who leaked these new images and they may be in hot water because of it... obviously there is no concrete evidence that this is true (yet) and it may just be B.S., but I figured it was worth mentioning for the sake of conversation.

Who's to say Marvel didn't leak concept art the way they gave the actors fake scripts and filmed fake scenes? Plus set pics leaked a while back. For me seems like the characters I want most are the ones Marvel or HT so far have paid less attention to. Plus the budget...

if Clint goes ninja I'd pick him up (makes sense if family got dusted he went crazy). Natasha. Bucky, Cap, Falcon. Okoye and Black Panther. Thor if he has hair and classic look. Everyone else maybes if they get made and/or cost. Even BP for me is a maybe if for me there isn't enough costume upgrade. Also, I have to like the movie enough to invest in the character taking up shelf space, since I keep my figs. I figure if I quit collecting right now I'd have a decent group of figs, especially Cap, Natasha, Bucky, and Wanda. Others like DS there hasn't been a reason (for me) to get another.

Who's to say Marvel didn't leak concept art the way they gave the actors fake scripts and filmed fake scenes? Plus set pics leaked a while back. For me seems like the characters I want most are the ones Marvel or HT so far have paid less attention to. Plus the budget...

if Clint goes ninja I'd pick him up (makes sense if family got dusted he went crazy). Natasha. Bucky, Cap, Falcon. Okoye and Black Panther. Thor if he has hair and classic look. Everyone else maybes if they get made and/or cost. Even BP for me is a maybe if for me there isn't enough costume upgrade. Also, I have to like the movie enough to invest in the character taking up shelf space, since I keep my figs. I figure if I quit collecting right now I'd have a decent group of figs, especially Cap, Natasha, Bucky, and Wanda. Others like DS there hasn't been a reason (for me) to get another.

I ha e to agree!! Marvel could be leaking pics themselves to throw fans off!! IW was well done with fake scenes and really kept people on the edge of their seats. Thor could be an old concept from IW , Hawkeye might not even be Ronan. Could of toyed with the idea but maybe some of the non comic fans would get confused and he might just stay Hawkeye?? Even the warmachine might not stay that bulky

Also let’s not forget which has been mentioned quit a few times... we have time travel, we had leaked pics of the older avengers re-enactments of A1. We could very well get revamps of old designs as well :)) ( meaning hot toy figures)

Also let’s not forget which has been mentioned quit a few times... we have time travel, we had leaked pics of the older avengers re-enactments of A1. We could very well get revamps of old designs as well :)) ( meaning hot toy figures)

I could go for that as I missed Ultron Cap if they do a brighter more retro version - but like it's been pointed out, IM and Cap will be licenses HT and others will milk for years.

I'd probably only ever get one War Machine and I REALLY like the IW version (and his character in the film which IMO could have used a bit more development or lines as to why Rhody changed sides...) but right now budget is a bit tight:monkey2. Well, anyway, hafta wait and see. Personally love the idea of Natasha having grown-out red hair with ombre blond ends re a dye job growing out, and an uber-powerful return of Scarlet Witch (I assume) but who knows.

Not getting a Hulk in what looks like a scuba suit tho. I'm just not.:pigfly:

If they do a new Avengers 1 Cap, I may bite. I wanted the old one but I didn't like the Rogers sculpt. Its a goofy suit but I love the film so much I'd probably get it. I'd also be down for a new Avengers Loki. I think the new one looks great but like many I prefer the first

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Cool. I'll be picking up that scale mail Cap. As for Iron Man... I don't know. I only wanted one of each character in my collection and that 41 dollar NRD on the model prime is too much money for me to just say "Nah, I'll cancel and wait to see how Tony's last armor is going to look." Well, what might be his last armor I don't ***in know. I usually wait too long on the Iron Mans anyway and they sell out before I get a chance to see which one I'd rather pick up. I'll just stick to the infinity war one, unless that concept art civil war armor ends up being released and is too nice to resist since I missed out on the original.

I guess that proved the NRD did its job.

Alright, probably selling what remains of my MCU stuff for this line... I like all the costumes I'm seeing. Only wish Thor got his hair back.

I want to get both Thanos figures. Display each in separate areas, or switch them out on occasion if need be.

I don't own a Black Widow or a War Machine, so A4 might change that.

Captain America and Ms. Marvel are also likely pickups. I have First Avenger Captain, and haven't seen any since I really wanted (though the concept art figure leads me to believe A4 captain might be the best if the trend continues.)

Not sure if I will grab anything else. Maybe if they make Avengers 1 Thor again, but with modern sculpts.

Back