Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe someone on here has a better idea, but I'm curious if HT has a contract/commitment to make "X" amount of figures for the new Disney SW movies? They made 7+ from TFA, R1 and TLJ. So will we see up to 5 more figures from this movie, or can either HT or Disney change the contract because of the movies poor performance? I would think there's a set plan of figures to be released months in advance of the movie's opening. I'd love to see the other troopers be made too that they've previewed, as I'm sure others would as well.

Maybe someone on here has a better idea, but I'm curious if HT has a contract/commitment to make "X" amount of figures for the new Disney SW movies? They made 7+ from TFA, R1 and TLJ. So will we see up to 5 more figures from this movie, or can either HT or Disney change the contract because of the movies poor performance? I would think there's a set plan of figures to be released months in advance of the movie's opening. I'd love to see the other troopers be made too that they've previewed, as I'm sure others would as well.

I thought they don't have to make any, but they pay Disney for the licence so if hot toys don't think they will sell, hot toys decides not to make any

I thought they don't have to make any, but they pay Disney for the licence so if hot toys don't think they will sell, hot toys decides not to make any

Yes, certainly could work that way. If so, it's amazing we're getting this figure. I'm down for sure on this fig, and hope they make the officer too.

I could see the Mudtrooper Officer as a ToyFair exclusive for the summer. Basically same fig, slight differences, no headsculpt. Could be the first figure we see from this movie. Guess we'll find out pretty soon...

Is it wrong I'm more interested in the Mimbian(?) Stormtrooper in the back round?

Nope, they look awesome.

wiTVsK6.jpg

SO many other figures should have been made before this. Where is nebula, the black order? Dooku? Damn it.

They don't have any specifics commitments or requirements. It is all up to HT because they paid for the license. Has nothing to do with a movie performance.

It kind of does have to do with movie performance. They do try to avoid making things from movies that don't do well as the interest in the figures won't be there. A lot of times, they are just stuck doing certain figures due to how long in advance they have to plan and invest in molds and such.

It kind of does have to do with movie performance. They do try to avoid making things from movies that don't do well as the interest in the figures won't be there. A lot of times, they are just stuck doing certain figures due to how long in advance they have to plan and invest in molds and such.

I seriously think that when a SW movie underperformes it’s not because the people who would buy HT figures don’t go see it. It’s because some people, who would never ever buy anything SW related this expensive don’t go see it. So if a SW movie underperformes doesn’t mean that the figures won’t sell like better performing movies does. It’s a very specific segment of the movie goers who would buy this and I’m pretty sure we all went and saw it. The figures sell if this specific segment liked the movie and found the designs cool.

SO many other figures should have been made before this. Where is nebula, the black order? Dooku? Damn it.

You're never going to get Cull, so your Black Order display will never be complete.

Best thing you could do is pray a little every day for Ebony Maw -- the best of the Black Order. :)

Not a fan of hot toys getting lazy with the stands.... I liked the detailed sandtrooper, snowtrooper ones, or the grates. But these cardboard covers are lame

Back