Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

117846722_3185081408227112_7411880450786692858_o.jpg

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pilot)

But you have to admit setting two year lead times on products that rely on pre-orders to set final sales volumes, which such a lead time heavily discourages, is a pretty bad business model.

Yeah maybe. But I guess anyone who uses a payment plan can have plenty of time to pay it off with low payments.

Either way us fans will all be ordering this no matter what the lead time is right. [emoji1303]

I'm sure we'll all be cheering when it gets pulled forward a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

Not feeling the re-used sculpt or hair. But displaying with the helmet on should fix that.

He looks great! Looking forward to pre-ordering!

Wow, I'm pretty shocked this is actually getting a PO! I really thought HT would drag this out at least another year. And yeah, 2 years wait seems crazy!

Looks great, but I agree a closed mouth would have looked better. This will be my one and only Luke in my collection.

Now bring on Bespin Han!

I'd like to think they have several figures still planned for the 40th anniversary line.

I mean to give it it's own line + packaging should mean they are not only doing a couple of figures.

Vader - check
Snowspeeder Luke - check
Some sort of Boba Fett - check

* Bespin Han
* Bespin Lando
* Dagobah training Luke
* Yoda re-release to pair with training Luke
* Bespin Luke (re-release)
* Bespin Chewie with C3PO backpack

All due by the 50th anniversary [emoji23]

Has there ever been another 1/6 figure that had a full two year wait between PO and ship date? I thought a year plus a few months delay was as long as it got.

Not feeling the re-used sculpt or hair. But displaying with the helmet on should fix that.

Haha - people said the same thing about the Sideshow version.:lol

He looks great in that Secret Base shot. Will be a long wait, but my 3 snowtroopers will definitely enjoy having Snowspeeder Luke to battle. Now, where to PO...

Really glad this went up already, but I wanted Bespin Luke first. And now I wonder if it will not go for PO anytime soon to avoid having 2 Lukes at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Has there ever been another 1/6 figure that had a full two year wait between PO and ship date? I thought a year plus a few months delay was as long as it got.

Haha - people said the same thing about the Sideshow version.:lol

There were several Marvel figures that had a 2 year time slapped on them when IW or Endgame was coming out. Not sure exactly when.

Hot Toys had clearly too much on their plate with new Marvel figures and all the other franchises and previously announced figures.

I'd have to go back and look which figures they were exactly that had 2 years put on them. But as far as I'm none of those actually took 2 years.

There may have been a couple of unfortunates like Gamora who got pushed.

But that's another benefit for them to sometimes use the long lead time. Figures scheduling can be swapped around a bit.

Perhaps it's also a sign of busy times ahead ? Hence my thinking of potential other 40th Anniversary figures. Or could simply be other Marvel figures coming in the next year or so ??

I think the recent Iron Man figures have been a two-year wait.

That looks good to me, I?m in for 2. Also, hopefully I can stick side eyes jedi luke under the helmet and use this sculpt for the skiff version. Well, I have 2 years to dream and plan it out. Imagine if I pass away before that and 2 of the same figure suddenly show up at my house costing around $600? My wife would dig me up and yell at me for 18.5 hours.

That looks good to me, I?m in for 2. Also, hopefully I can stick side eyes jedi luke under the helmet and use this sculpt for the skiff version. Well, I have 2 years to dream and plan it out. Imagine if I pass away before that and 2 of the same figure suddenly show up at my house costing around $600? My wife would dig me up and yell at me for 18.5 hours.

Haha. Better get them sent to a mates address just in case. Don't want to get dug up !

That's a good idea about the use of the side glance eyes. Surely they would also leave the hair fitting bit the same too.

Wow. In 2 years I?ll have been in and out of this hobby for about a decade give or take. Maybe this figure will close it out for me...

(The only reason I can say with confidence that my collecting will end definitively is because the only other properties I?m interested in will never get figures.)

I still wish they gave us clean puffy Hoth Luke instead of half puffy Hothgobah Luke.

Booo

This is an absolute buy, but I mean damn, I did not like this mouth-breathing sculpt when the Jedi Luke was announced, and I dislike it even more now. I have the Jedi and Endor versions already and there is certainly no looking better in hand magic going on with either one. I am also perfectly happy with my DX07 if this is the sculpt they are going to use, once again, for a new Bespin Luke.

The base also sucks, and the estimated price of $267, give or take a few bucks, for such a basic release with a reused sculpt is really, really not cool. Like, it would have been so easy for them to have made this super highly anticipated figure a total slam dunk with just a new sculpt and their old snowtrooper base. At this point I wonder if its some sort of likeness approval/cost thing for Luke and Leia sculpts that makes it a hassle to do a new version, because I really deep down do not want to think Hot Toys is THAT lazy.

But you have to admit setting two year lead times on products that rely on pre-orders to set final sales volumes, which such a lead time heavily discourages, is a pretty bad business model.
Two year wait is just silly and not acceptable or reasonable, at least not to me. One year(the previous standard) wait for a toy is quite ridiculous if you really think about it and now they have gone and doubled the old standard seemingly overnight.

I'll order this of course because it's a release I really want(sigh) but no way I'm preordering an ordinary figure two years out.
2654f9a4fd925f68a952c39312b2e199.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Definitely more Dagobah landing Luke since most of the pictures show that option. That’s fine because I have SS Rogue Commander one for Hoth.

Funny how HT are using Sideshow style (hexagonal) bases lately. Add to the feeling they are cutting corners on the Star wars licence with each new PO.

Back