Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

:exactly:

I put a bunch of the new photos into the original thread, then somebody bizarrely decided that a thread with one photo was preferable.

The thread starter must have a friend

Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

I'd like to think they have several figures still planned for the 40th anniversary line.

I mean to give it it's own line + packaging should mean they are not only doing a couple of figures.

Vader - check
Snowspeeder Luke - check
Some sort of Boba Fett - check

* Bespin Han
* Bespin Lando
* Dagobah training Luke
* Yoda re-release to pair with training Luke
* Bespin Luke (re-release)
* Bespin Chewie with C3PO backpack

All due by the 50th anniversary [emoji23]

I'd be up for a new Yoda with bag and real rooted hair rather than the sculpted/haired mismash they did. But I'm sure it would just be a straight re-release with new packaging.

I still wish they gave us clean puffy Hoth Luke instead of half puffy Hothgobah Luke.

Booo

I like the somewhat slimmer outfit but the weathering is a bit much for Hoth. They missed the chance for the exclusive Dagobah version down the road.

I only own the DX Bespin Luke so the head sculpt not a issue for me however, I can appreciate many collectors disappointment with a reused head. This figure is nice and the orange colour would be a welcome to the many black figures (Vader, Emperor, T2, T2BD etc ) in my collection. I don’t like the base I with HT would have used the Snowtrooper base with the STAR WARS plaque. Without the plaque the presentation in the display feels less official and complete. Most likely I know I will not be getting this figure knowing the price may be in the $280 mark. I think the $243 of Qui Gon may be my last “Horah” (have not preordered) with HT as their catalog has become very stale. To be honest I don’t think there is anything out there that I feel like dropping almost $400 Canadian on. Overall, aside from the base I do think it is a nice piece.

Boy this looks good.

ESB=buy for me

I still wish they gave us clean puffy Hoth Luke instead of half puffy Hothgobah Luke.

Booo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I initially thought it seemed too dirty for Hoth as well, but looking back at some pics it appears the outfit was always pretty heavily weathered. And even without the puffiness I can still see this working perfectly well as a Hoth Snowspeeder Luke on a snow-covered base.

bsx7c7j4zhyt.jpg

c6a9b856f2b8422a05b540a5f8877307.jpg

I initially thought it seemed too dirty for Hoth as well, but looking back at some pics it appears the outfit was always pretty heavily weathered.

Good photo references - thank you.

Yeah...his appearance switched around a lot. When he was taking down the AT-AT with his cowardly sneak attack instead of facing the brave Imperial Soldiers within like an honourable combatant, he wasn't looking very padded at all.

(Sound stage I guess.)

Super excited.....don't love the wait time, re-used sculpt or base. Building in Rona delays or anticipate taking a minute to update the sculpt.....

117846722_3185081408227112_7411880450786692858_o.jpg

When he was taking down the AT-AT with his cowardly sneak attack instead of facing the brave Imperial Soldiers within like an honourable combatant,

:lol

Having proven that the trick worked, I wonder why in TLJ he didn't just do the same move with Kylo's ship? Killing them all would have been better than just stalling.

There is no rhyme or reason to what kind of base Hot Toys will include with these things. Makes one miss the boring ass basic black stands they used to use. At least things were uniform.

All your base are belong to us

You guys need to learn to pose without stands. Saves space, looks even cleaner, and you don't get the weird pants-ride camel-toe.

He looks great. Love the weathering.... but two years wait for a reused head sculpt is pretty ridiculous.
I?m not that fond of the gloves. They are too slim - don?t look anything like winter gloves. And the pants might be a bit too slim as well. But other than that he looks great and of course I?ll preorder.

You guys need to learn to pose without stands. Saves space, looks even cleaner, and you don't get the weird pants-ride camel-toe.

I like camel toe.

Funny how HT are using Sideshow style (hexagonal) bases lately. Add to the feeling they are cutting corners on the Star wars licence with each new PO.

Pun intended? Cutting corners? Heheee

:lol

Having proven that the trick worked, I wonder why in TLJ he didn't just do the same move with Kylo's ship? Killing them all would have been better than just stalling.

Hard to say, with fan fiction. Impressive effects though.

no stand has been the way to go for some time now. Even Coco gorgeous creations could convince me to go back.

Larger versions to accommodate multiple figures, let say Detolf or Besta size, could have me reconsidering my position though.

Pun intended? Cutting corners? Heheee

Yep. Thought about mentioning it in the post but knew it wouldn't go unnoticed anyway ;)

Curious how the helmet, hair and cap will work. Magnetic hair or split helmet?

In all of the pics so far, the chinstrap gets tucked under Luke's headgear instead of coming from the helmet itself (like it should be). That makes me think the helmet splits apart. But maybe it's a magnetically attached one-piece that slides on, and the chinstrap is separate so as to make that an easier process.

BTW, they also threaded the strap itself on the wrong side of the chinpiece for these promo pics, so who knows what's going on. :lol

HelmetLukeESB01.jpg

Back