Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

You guys need to learn to pose without stands. Saves space, looks even cleaner, and you don't get the weird pants-ride camel-toe.

Stands are part of the ?high end? experience. It also gives the impression to ?non collectors? and collectors that these figures are expensive (which they are) that stands are included to display your product. The inclusion of an official plaque with the movie logo and the character?s name furthers the high end experience. Figures displayed without a stand give it the ?Action Figure? appearance (purchased at Walmart/Target) that I certainly am not going for when they are displayed my pieces. A comparison would be a Baseball on your shelf compared to a Baseball in a glass case on your shelf. Clearly there is something special about that Baseball in the glass case. I guess this is the way I see it.

Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

Stands are part of the ?high end? experience. It also gives the impression to ?non collectors? and collectors that these figures are expensive (which they are) that stands are included to display your product. The inclusion of an official plaque with the movie logo and the character?s name furthers the high end experience. Figures displayed without a stand give it the ?Action Figure? appearance (purchased at Walmart/Target) that I certainly am not going for when they are displayed my pieces. A comparison would be a Baseball on your shelf compared to a Baseball in a glass case on your shelf. Clearly there is something special about that Baseball in the glass case. I guess this is the way I see it.

Fair enough in terms of your personal experience, but in my opinion I don't think most non-collectors put that much thought into it when they encounter these items; and I find the majority of stands these companies supply detract from the figures rather than elevate them, because the stands are where corners get cut, with cheap materials and basic paint jobs worthy of Hasbro product. Of course there are exceptions to the rule but I'd say the vast majority of SSC and HT stands are quite poorly executed, and projecting an impression of great expense isn't on my mind when I do display 'em. YMMV.

You guys need to learn to pose without stands. Saves space, looks even cleaner, and you don't get the weird pants-ride camel-toe.
I like the stands for most of the Star Wars figures though. Especially the ones that look like flooring/grating. Only recently it seems like Hot Toys has been cheaping out on the stands. To me it’s kind of weird as for the longest time they were just recycling the same stands, which I liked as they looked pretty uniform.

Glass case around the baseball is to keep people from touching it. Put that baseball on a cheap plastic stand that says "Baseball" with a cardboard cutout of a blurry stadium and someone swinging a bat and see how fancy it looks.

Is this up anywhere yet for preorder?

If crotch pinching stands made collectibles look classy then why do none of the statues come with them built into their bases as an added bonus to class things up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the stands for most of the Star Wars figures though. Especially the ones that look like flooring/grating. Only recently it seems like Hot Toys has been cheaping out on the stands. To me it?s kind of weird as for the longest time they were just recycling the same stands, which I liked as they looked pretty uniform.

Yeah i agree. When stands look similar there is more uniformity and class. But have figures lined up all with different sized and shaped stands then they can look pretty average imo.

Im a no stand guy when at all possible. These should be so close to reality that people know who they are. Rather than needing a name shield to tell them.

But each to their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah i agree. When stands look similar there is more uniformity and class. But have figures lined up all with different sized and shaped stands then they can look pretty average imo.

Im a no stand guy when at all possible. These should be so close to reality that people know who they are. Rather than needing a name shield to tell them.

But each to their own.

All true but I’m afraid of collectibles costing a couple or few hundred dollars taking a shelf dive.

But each to their own.

I always take off the name placards on my Star Wars stands. They just stay in the box. I like how the stands look though personally. Adds an environment for the figure. I wish the figures could stand without having the crotch grabber, but whatever. It’s also to protect them from toppling and breaking I suppose.

How is it up on those sites before even sideshow?

Think I will wait for alteregocomics.

Because they deal directly with Hot Toys in Hong Kong. No need for them to go through the middle man (Sideshow).

Does Sideshow do Friday POs? I always thought Thursday... otherwise they wait for Monday.

Wishing it wasn’t $265, but it’s been a while since we’ve had a new Original Trilogy figure go up. I guess that price range is the new normal as the recent Anakin was basically the same price. At least the figure comes with a fair amount of accessories.

Stands... shmands... some bases used but no grabber. Crotched-up wedgy look ruins otherwise perfect futzed clothing/poses.
Then again I go for a grouping/scenic display versus a trophy case. But to each their own.

Hey Wor remember that 4.3 quake we had maybe 2-3 wks ago? I instantly checked my display and bench and the only thing that fell was a trooper helmet that was sitting on a paint bottle :yess:

Prices are just gonna keep going up and up. Slowly but surely.

Back