Hot Toys Shazam speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They announced the new Aquaman the week before it opened. I’m not worried, I want it and will order it when we get the chance. This is the most anticipated summer movie at my house right now. I mean it would be Endgame, but that’s basically required viewing at this point.

hot toys announced the captain marvel a month before the release date. I was hoping Shazam would get the same treatment... I'm guessing they are probably not making it... or just waiting until last minute?

hot toys been promoting captain marvel's trailers for months.

for shazam nothing

i guess they didn't , they didn't promote fantastic beast either.

when it come to trailers this year they promoted alitta ,futur war (chiness movie) and EVERY marvel movies

Maybe HT is waiting for reactions from the early screenings..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I wonder why that is? Since the DC “Shazam!” Captain Marvel was created in 1939 and the Marvel Comics Captain Marvel wasn’t created until 1967. Does anybody know the story behind the name restriction?

Just to add to what's already been said, times have changed and it came down to a simple realization.
A few years ago DC understood that recent generations better knew the character as Shazam and that the name Captain Marvel was a form of promotion for their competitors.
They decided to drop it.

Just to add to what's already been said, times have changed and it came down to a simple realization.
A few years ago DC understood that recent generations better knew the character as Shazam and that the name Captain Marvel was a form of promotion for their competitors.
They decided to drop it.

Once DCowned the right to Shazam, they just shelved the character and lost the copyright to Marvel. Once Marvel made Captain Marvel DC went after them.The settlement allows DC to use Captain Marvel but not as a title for the character. So they cannot use the name as a movie, book or the like but can inside these things call him that. DC decided to change it to make it easier.

Just watched a video on this exact subject. Very interesting. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys is under the Disney thumb! Gotta promote all their Disney owned licences before anything else, and seeing as they now own Fox, that must be over 70%.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hot Toys is under the Disney thumb! Gotta promote all their Disney owned licences before anything else, and seeing as they now own Fox, that must be over 70%.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah it's pretty depressing right now. I'm giving serious considering to cancelling a lot of my pre-orders and switching 100% to Prime 1. At least they show DC some respect and hopefully they never get a Marvel licence.

Hot Toys is under the Disney thumb!

Oy are we still going with the conspiracy theories? There's a much simpler explanation here that people don't seem to be acknowledging: Marvel's movies are way more popular, and it wasn't until recently with Aquaman that it's been starting to change. And that was clearly a hit that caught Hot Toys by surprise since they only had one figure ready at launch.

It sucks, but the conspiracy theories about Disney forcing Hot Toys to not promote DC stuff is a bit silly. I really doubt Disney cares if DC's characters have toys made of them.

DoHWA57.png

So far reviews are super positive and calling Shazam best DC movie. So HT, are you going to give us something or what?! :)

I'm starting to get a little bit ticked off that we get a slew of repeatedly marvel characters, 56 iron Man , 12 caps, 8 black widows ,etc. And Lillian's
. We barely got any heroes of the DC movies more less Lillian's so yes, hot toys is being sucked off by the mouse

Can’t believe there is still not even a Shazam figure teaser picture. There ya sheen zero negativity surrounding this movie, the hype has been there since Levi’s casting. Yet Captain Marvel gets a preorder weeks before release. I hate being a DC/Disney Hot Toys conspiracy guy but honestly, tell that to my 4 DC preorders that have been sliding release dates almost to a year.
On a positive note they will EVENTUALLY do a Shazam figure. My only hope is they don’t cheap out. If there can be a Bruce/Hulk 2 pack and a Groot/Rocket 2 pack - and that was back when Marvel hype was still growing not like it’s peak now- there BETTER be a Billy Batson/Shazam figure. I’d even settle for a Shazam and Freddy set.

I'm starting to get a little bit ticked off that we get a slew of repeatedly marvel characters, 56 iron Man , 12 caps, 8 black widows ,etc. And Lillian's
. We barely got any heroes of the DC movies more less Lillian's so yes, hot toys is being sucked off by the mouse

Again, look at your post. You're shocked that popular characters from a series of hit movies keep getting figures.

Can’t believe there is still not even a Shazam figure teaser picture. There ya sheen zero negativity surrounding this movie, the hype has been there since Levi’s casting. Yet Captain Marvel gets a preorder weeks before release. I hate being a DC/Disney Hot Toys conspiracy guy but honestly, tell that to my 4 DC preorders that have been sliding release dates almost to a year.
On a positive note they will EVENTUALLY do a Shazam figure. My only hope is they don’t cheap out. If there can be a Bruce/Hulk 2 pack and a Groot/Rocket 2 pack - and that was back when Marvel hype was still growing not like it’s peak now- there BETTER be a Billy Batson/Shazam figure. I’d even settle for a Shazam and Freddy set.

No doubt this is much better than Captain Marvel but that movie gets love from HT and this one gets nothing. They'll begrudgingly put Shazam up for pre-order eventually, delay it multiple times before finally releasing in 2021 and that's all we'll get.

HT is firmly in Disney's pocket now. It's like they didn't even notice Aquaman made over $1b. Still no Mera, just that half assed reapinted Aquaman from the JL figure they still haven't released. Yes I'm bitter lol.

No doubt this is much better than Captain Marvel but that movie gets love from HT and this one gets nothing. They'll begrudgingly put Shazam up for pre-order eventually, delay it multiple times before finally releasing in 2021 and that's all we'll get.

HT is firmly in Disney's pocket now. It's like they didn't even notice Aquaman made over $1b. Still no Mera, just that half assed reapinted Aquaman from the JL figure they still haven't released. Yes I'm bitter lol.

And everybody, Marvel or DC fan, paying attention to how HT operates these days must understand your frustration.

Back