Hot Toys Shazam speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are not making a figure from this movie no way they barely make DC figures they probably though this movie would suck and passed on it.

Plus they are too busy making all the avengers figures.

You know the drill

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They are not making a figure from this movie no way they barely make DC figures they probably though this movie would suck and passed on it.

Plus they are too busy making all the avengers figures.

You know the drill

but they rather do hellboy that will bomb so hard that it will be removed from theaters for its second week.

and allita a movie that was barely save with the asian market.

there is no reasons they should pass on it.

the movie will be succesfull and it's a very basic figure for hot toys to make it's basicaly another superman with a different headsculpt.

My guess is if Hot Toys is going to make a Shazam movie figure, they won't announce it until closer to the actual theatrical release, which is like April 15th or something. Really hoping they make this though.

My guess is if Hot Toys is going to make a Shazam movie figure, they won't announce it until closer to the actual theatrical release, which is like April 15th or something. Really hoping they make this though.

They're clearly waiting to see if this movie resonates with adults. It's being marketed as a movie for primarily for kids, and WB obviously thinks of it this way. HT is not going to make an expensive adult collectible until they're sure the collectors like the movie. I believe they will, but I understand the hesitation on their part. Plus, they know collectors will wait, even a year later. So by waiting they can potentially avoid disaster if adults don't like the movie, and if adults like it.....they can still launch the figure later without issue. Nothing about the collector market means manufacturers have to launch product day and date.

Its theatrical release is April 5, so I think if it isn't announced this coming week...well it could be a while if at all. HT will no doubt go crazy with Endgame figures...

AHHHH REALLY HOPE THIS GETS MADE. REQUESTED EVERYWHERE FROM EMAILS TO THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA, but if they have not planned to do one of this from the beginning then I doubt they will release one as according to HT, their prototypes apparently can take up to a year.

This figure will probably release alongside that Logan figure that everyone was sure would just "have to be made." It seemed like the same conversation...Jackman's final outing as Wolverine...the movie is making good money...the movie is getting good reviews...fans love it...they have made other Wolverine figures...and yet here we sit years later without that Logan figure. A good rule of thumb is to remember that with current movies Hot Toys typically at least teases the figure well before the movie's release. The figures are not teased or announced after the fact. This is a fun thread...but if there was going to be a Shazam figure we would have heard something before now.

Well that's that...Avengers Endgame figures have been announced (Iron Man and Thanos)...
Well we all knew it but we held out some hope now those idiots have just killed it.

I was still hoping for them to at least produce the figures that they show case like Cyborg , but they cant even commit to that let alone make a DC figure.

I guess that means we can probably forget getting a Joker figure based on the new movie because they will be to busy making star wars figures.

Last edited:
Well we all knew it but we held out some hope now those idiots have just killed it.

I was sti hoping for them to at least produce the figures that they show case like Cyborg , but they cant even commit to that let alone make a DC figure.

So does that we can probably forget getting a Joker figure asked on the new movie because they will be to busy making star wars figures

No telling...I've had a suspicion for a while that "Hot Toys just doesn't WANT to do DC" but obliges a little here and there. For this figure, I think the last hope would be the end of this week when it officially hits theaters (like someone else said), otherwise time to move on.

As far as Joker goes later this year, they've done every movie Joker so far, so there may still be hope for him. Then again you could be right, too busy with Star Wars. No tellin'

All that said, that Thanos from Endgame is off the chain cool! I WILL most likely buy him...

No telling...I've had a suspicion for a while that "Hot Toys just doesn't WANT to do DC" but obliges a little here and there. For this figure, I think the last hope would be the end of this week when it officially hits theaters (like someone else said), otherwise time to move on.

As far as Joker goes later this year, they've done every movie Joker so far, so there may still be hope for him. Then again you could be right, too busy with Star Wars. No tellin'

All that said, that Thanos from Endgame is off the chain cool! I WILL most likely buy him...

Marvel is flexing some muscle.
With 2 huge franchises representing most of HT's sales they keep the production line focused increasingly on their products.
They probably also "encourage" HT to not take many other licenses if they want to continue doing MCU and Star Wars stuff.
It's a classic tactic for Marvel, they've done the same thing with their comics for years.

Marvel is flexing some muscle.
With 2 huge franchises representing most of HT's sales they keep the production line focused increasingly on their products.
They probably also "encourage" HT to not take many other licenses if they want to continue doing MCU and Star Wars stuff.
It's a classic tactic for Marvel, they've done the same thing with their comics for years.

Sounds logical to me...gotta stick with what works

not many marvel movies next year (only 2 ?)

will hot toys take the year off ?

First half: Marvel
Rest: Star Wars

Of course they'll throw in different stuff here and there but that (like always) is what should be expected...

Saw the film at a Fandango early showing and absolutely loved it. Never really cared for Shazam/Captain Marvel before but this film instantly made me a fan. Zachary Levi was great and while I’d love multiple characters from this one I’d be happy with just Shazam. I really hope it gets made.

Back