Hot Toys Shazam speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i see alot of people bringing star wars in the dicussion.

is star wars really that succesfull to hot toys ?

original trilogy sure is but force awakens and last jedi figures are all over ebay for cheap prices.

don't see why they should focus much on the next movie.

It is very likely they're considering not droppping an announcement on a lesser known hero product (regardless of how well early access reception to the film is) in the start of the merch push for arguably the biggest superhero event ever. Especially when the wide audience both in the US and China haven't seen Shazam yet. That's product advertising suicide.

Marvel makes bank. DC is playing catch up and patching their wounds still. Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, and Justice League all have products that are still available for retail. I'm gonna be real curious to see how the Aquaman figs do, as it seems like the merchandise for the film largely sunk hard all around. Most Marvel releases are selling out. If I were a business, I'd divert the vast majority of my talent to the licenses that bring in the most revenue, then fill in the gaps. Especially when that license is currently going through a historic moment that very likely won't be repeated in our lifetime.

If Shazam is as well received as the early showings seem to imply, then I am sure we will see a figure from HT. They have the DC license, Warner just needs to prove they should do it.

they did just that with hellboy 2019.

hot toys is not consistent .

Didn't we also see them announce other lines but never actually see figures for them? Not saying that's what's gonna happen, just doing my own clarification...

Marvel is flexing some muscle.
With 2 huge franchises representing most of HT's sales they keep the production line focused increasingly on their products.
They probably also "encourage" HT to not take many other licenses if they want to continue doing MCU and Star Wars stuff.
It's a classic tactic for Marvel, they've done the same thing with their comics for years.

maybe mcfarlane will take up the slack ,i seem to remember that his deal included 12 inch figures , maybe thats our best hope for some of these figures getting made

plenty to choose from :)

I don't think that Hot Toys is holding off on a Shazam figure because they are too busy with Marvel and Star Wars figures...I think they are simply not making this figure because...reasons. Hot Toys does not live in the head of each fan and just automatically make figures of whatever they happen to be interested in. They make what they make and don't make what they don't make. This is clearly in the don't make category. If they were making it it would have already been at the very least teased...it has not been.

It is very likely they're considering not dropping an announcement on a lesser known hero product (regardless of how well early access reception to the film is)

I don't think that Hot Toys is holding off on a Shazam figure because they are too busy with Marvel and Star Wars figures...I think they are simply not making this figure because...reasons.

I'm sure the initial Shazam figure is already made. They put out an Aquaman figure not fully knowing that the movie would do well, it's just Superhero and so they had it real. That's why we've got Arthur and nothing else from that film yet. The announcement is probably waiting to see the film's initial weekend. I'm sure we'll see it whether it gets made to production or not is another thing, as stated above we've seen licenses and even prototypes made and never come to actual production.

D3ChWCTUcAIWcLt.jpg

Then there’s a 50/50 shot either way. If they were joking, that’s very unprofessional of them. Do they even do April Fools Day over there? This isn’t the kind of thing a company should be joking about.

It’s 100% legit. That’s not something a company would joke about.

Besides, pretty sure April Fool’s is not a thing in Asia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was posted on April 1st.

It was posted the week of the movie's debut, which is exactly what they did with Aquaman (figure revealed on December 18th, movie dropped on December 21st). LMAO I have no idea what this specific figure prompted so many weird conspiracy theories.

Surprised to see them pursuing this. Interested to see the sculpt and how it turns out.

I wonder how long it'll be before we see a sculpt? Reveal of prototype at SDCC?

The new suits look better than Shazam 1. I don’t expect Hot Toys to go beyond Shazam (although you never know). You would think DC would demand that they release more of their movie figures, especially if the contract gives them a percentage of each sale. But who knows. Between licenses, supply chain and distribution, HT has things locked up pretty tight. So it’s not like DC is gonna take a risk and walk the license to Blitzway, ThreeZero or Asmus because I’m sure their numbers are a fraction of HT’s. The better hope for the Shazamily will be someone like SooSoo or Toys Era.

Back