Hot Toys Shazam speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me silly, but i like his suit and overall light and funny tone of his character. I don't mind put him next to Superman. Should looks cool enough.

It’s not silly at all.

If they can make this crappy “Captain Marvel”,

C4E675F7-AE4F-4CF7-B29C-130A12AA9779.jpeg

The making the real Captain Marvel is appropriate.

8951C1ED-7E7B-4B22-800A-10BD0C678258.jpeg

I think the movie looks fun. I didn’t like BvS: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Justice League, etc. etc. but Shazam feels like it’s going to be good. It’s like a Superhero version of Big. The character plays better in terms of wish fulfillment for a kid than say Superman, Batman or Robin. I hope it’s good and does well and wipes the floor with “Captain Marvel”, End Game and Spider-Man 7.

It’s not silly at all.

If they can make this crappy “Captain Marvel”,

View attachment 444775

The making the real Captain Marvel is appropriate.

View attachment 444776

I think the movie looks fun. I didn’t like BvS: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Justice League, etc. etc. but Shazam feels like it’s going to be good. It’s like a Superhero version of Big. The character plays better in terms of wish fulfillment for a kid than say Superman, Batman or Robin. I hope it’s good and does well and wipes the floor with “Captain Marvel”, End Game and Spider-Man 7.

I doubt it will wipe the floor with end game since that has soo much build up and hype and also it’s multi characters vs Shazam who’s only one character( super hero). But I can totally see it being able to beat out Captain Marvel (marvel) since non of those trailers made me hyped at all!!!! It looks like a lame a$$ Sci-fi channel movie. Spider-Man is well Spiderman so I doubt Shazam would wipe the floor with him too

I'm hoping it does well. It looks super fun. In terms of who will wipe the floor with whom .... Although I prefer DC to Marvel, my heart's big enough for both. And Star Wars. And Star Trek. And BSG. And LotR. And Hellboy. The list of stuff I hope does well and succeeds is long.

Time for HT to announce.. :)
Gonna replace Cyborg with Shazam.. and GL from GL corp movie..
Then viola.. we have the super seven [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
8a2e54e14914f3b3ea65c704dc5cabcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Having Capt. Marvel, Capt. Marvel Jr., and Mary Marvel on display would be awesome. I would be persuaded to buy, even if the movie sucks.

Also gotta have Mr. Mind and Tawky Tawny. I assume they are in this movie.

So no news of if or when we're getting a Shazam (I HATE having to refer to him as the Wizard's name) figure?

Call me silly, but i like his suit and overall light and funny tone of his character. I don't mind put him next to Superman. Should looks cool enough.

Not silly at all!

Every superhero character should be treated tonally, dependent on their character – for instance, as we all know, Batman is dark, brooding, violent... however the Flash or Shazam should be lighter, whereas Plastic Man, or maybe a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle movie you would expect to be funny... this doesn't stop them all being members of the JL at some point.

while i was waiting for hot toys ,i started messing around with mattel's movie shazam light and sound movie figure ,combined it with a hot toys bane clone body and a hands ,a red suit ,bit of paint and a lot of dremeling to come up with this, then had a go with the trumoves version, okay for a placeholder

40300972213_5b26dafacc_z.jpg

40300975343_8642edb954_z.jpg

Last edited:
while i was waiting for hot toys ,i started messing around with mattel's movie shazam light and sound movie figure ,combined it with a hot toys bane clone body and a hands ,a red suit ,bit of paint and a lot of dremeling to come up with this, then had a go with the trumoves version, okay for a placeholder

40300972213_5b26dafacc_z.jpg

40300975343_8642edb954_z.jpg

Nice!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping it does well. It looks super fun. In terms of who will wipe the floor with whom .... Although I prefer DC to Marvel, my heart's big enough for both. And Star Wars. And Star Trek. And BSG. And LotR. And Hellboy. The list of stuff I hope does well and succeeds is long.

This does not look completely terrible but "wiping the floor" with Avengers is not going to happen, unless making at most 50 but more than likely 60 percent of Avengers' box office gross qualifies as "wiping the floor". Nothing to do with my opinion of either movie...just a prediction that will more than likely prove to be accurate.

Having Capt. Marvel, Capt. Marvel Jr., and Mary Marvel on display would be awesome. I would be persuaded to buy, even if the movie sucks.

Also gotta have Mr. Mind and Tawky Tawny. I assume they are in this movie.

I never get this "I won't buy the figure because I thought the movie sucked" attitude – if you like the look of a figure... the design of the character, then buy it!

This does not look completely terrible but "wiping the floor" with Avengers is not going to happen, unless making at most 50 but more than likely 60 percent of Avengers' box office gross qualifies as "wiping the floor". Nothing to do with my opinion of either movie...just a prediction that will more than likely prove to be accurate.

Well it won't simply because a lot of people are invested in seeing how Infinity War ends in Endgame, after a decade of watching the MCU... Shazam! could be 10x the movie Endgame is and it still wouldn't make as much for that reason if nothing else... same way the new Star Wars films made a fortune and Episode IX (despite TFA and TLJ being poor) will make an absolute fortune too!

I never get this "I won't buy the figure because I thought the movie sucked" attitude – if you like the look of a figure... the design of the character, then buy it!

Exactly. I own the Tactical Suit Batman and BD BvS Armored Batman. Not great films by any stretch of the imagination, but they're two of my favorite figures.

Exactly. I own the Tactical Suit Batman and BD BvS Armored Batman. Not great films by any stretch of the imagination, but they're two of my favorite figures.
BvS not great film?
I think it's amazing..

If the design of something is cool I don't feel like owning it if I don't have any fondness for the source material. I almost bought the DC direct statue for BVS, but decided to wait to see how the film itself turned out. It worked out extra well since I was just able to get one of the statues when the WW solo movie came out the following year.

Yeah. It's not wiping the floor with anything. CM is on track for around a 150 million opening weekend and Endgame is gonna do way more than that. Shazam would've had better luck had it been like Aquaman, where there was virtually no competition after December so it could run crazy with a remarkably leggy record of repeat viewings, that'd be possible. But sandwiched between Captain Marvel and Endgame, Shazam isn't gonna have the chance to break out crazy like that.

The good news: Shazam is much cheaper than your average movie. Reportedly it's only around 90 million. It doesn't need to do crazy huge numbers to make a profit, so that's something it has going for it. The trailers look hilarious and like a lot of fun, so I think this one is gonna end up a sleeper hit. Definitely do well enough to at least get a sequel.

If the design of something is cool I don't feel like owning it if I don't have any fondness for the source material. I almost bought the DC direct statue for BVS, but decided to wait to see how the film itself turned out. It worked out extra well since I was just able to get one of the statues when the WW solo movie came out the following year.

Yeah. It's not wiping the floor with anything. CM is on track for around a 150 million opening weekend and Endgame is gonna do way more than that. Shazam would've had better luck had it been like Aquaman, where there was virtually no competition after December so it could run crazy with a remarkably leggy record of repeat viewings, that'd be possible. But sandwiched between Captain Marvel and Endgame, Shazam isn't gonna have the chance to break out crazy like that.

The good news: Shazam is much cheaper than your average movie. Reportedly it's only around 90 million. It doesn't need to do crazy huge numbers to make a profit, so that's something it has going for it. The trailers look hilarious and like a lot of fun, so I think this one is gonna end up a sleeper hit. Definitely do well enough to at least get a sequel.

CM is not on track for $150mil –*more like $100mil now, they downgraded their expectations... and most of that money is because of the MCU connection, not because of the movie's quality.

I don't agree about not liking the source material etc. –*Put it this way, I like Spiderman - his source material is comic books, a movie like Homecoming (I thought was rubbish) is an adaption of source material... now I didn't like the MCU's costume design, I prefered the second Garfield movies costume – I didn't love the movie, but would buy that because it was a good interpretation of the original source material!
Similarly, you might hate BvS, but the costumes of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in that movie were stunningly good – like the original comic sources made real, so that's why I bought them.... the First Avenger Cap suit was a wonderful interpretation of the original comic source, and my favourite Cap suit still on film, so that's the one for me – doesn't matter what I thought of the movie.

I am sure that the folks responsible for Shazam are hoping for Ant-Man money...they are not delusional enough to think that they are competing with Avengers. Doesn't matter how much it appeals to anyone on the thread...its just not going to happen.

I am sure that the folks responsible for Shazam are hoping for Ant-Man money...they are not delusional enough to think that they are competing with Avengers. Doesn't matter how much it appeals to anyone on the thread...its just not going to happen.

Yup. I think something like that or like Doctor Strange/Man of Steel numbers would be great for a smaller movie like this.

On the Hot Toys front I'm not expecting anything other than Shazam himself, since that seems to be the way these things go.

Back