Hot Toys Shazam speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year is all about SHAZAM and The Joker for me ... Avengers feels more like an obligation now that I've spent 10+ years watching the movies. Really stoked for both those DC flicks because they're the wild cards, not sure exactly what to expect and maybe that's DC's ace in the hole in dealing with Marvel.

A light up feature isn't necessary for me but great sculpting AND articulation (not just muscular arms to the sides for fear of tearing fabric) are a must. Can't wait to see the HT figures on both.

Including zany and far-fetched events just for the sake of including them, usually indicating an overall decline in quality. References the time that the Fonz on water skis and still wearing his leather jacket jumped over a shark on Happy Days.

Thor Ragnarok shall now be forever knowns as Thor Jumps the Shark! :lol

Thor Ragnarok shall now be forever knowns as Thor Jumps the Shark! :lol

I kind of feel it needed to happen to answer the question where was Thor and Hulk during CW

It also was a good tie into IW

My gripe is I wish they saved Hela into IW , I’d would’ve loved a Hela vs Thanos encounter

I think Shazam will do well- Joker might do REALLY well if it's good.

I hope they do Shazam, with light up chest and eyes, with lighting effect. They could use the Thor body. Love the Shazam suit

If not we can go the Mattel 12" way 49343019_10157141711273856_1950486404509204480_n.jpg

They'll surely make this figure but I suppose with HT we shouldn't take anything for granted. I'm planning to put him with the other five JL members as it doesn't look like we'll be getting Cyborg.

I kind of feel it needed to happen to answer the question where was Thor and Hulk during CW

It also was a good tie into IW

My gripe is I wish they saved Hela into IW , I’d would’ve loved a Hela vs Thanos encounter

If they could have answered that question without the awful comedy, then I would agree... awful movie that took a massive dump on the source material!

I'm really hoping they give us a Mary Marvel figure. I think the actress is a far better match physically for Mary than Zachary Levi is for Captain Marvel.

Quite the contrary. I feel like a colorful, comic accurate superhero might actually prove a lot of fun on a shelf. Between Captain Marvel, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman, it seems like DC are leaning more heavily into their books, at least designwise and it’s turning out pretty great, in my opinion.

Particularly when Shazam is a lighter character anyway. It’s like when certain dceu fans complained about the Aquaman trailer having jokes and bright colors. Not sure what they were expecting.

If someone is a DCEU fan and are not reveling in the Aquaman movie success then I can't even relate to them. I've been so happy since watching this flick 3 times now (twice in theaters, once streamed at home) and what it could mean for the SHAZAM movie. DC has finally gotten their feet under them and can get some traction. Even if someone is a Zackhead and used to having a Marvel Studios sized chip on their shoulder this has got to be a great time for them. The bright colors, design, and chance for a smiling action figure (other than Joker) is welcome IMO. Doesn't hurt I've been a Captain Marvel/SHAZAM fan since I was a kid. And even though I skew more towards the classic Captain Marvel I can respect the decision to go this direction with the look and concept of the character. Can't wait to see the figure.

Particularly when Shazam is a lighter character anyway. It’s like when certain dceu fans complained about the Aquaman trailer having jokes and bright colors. Not sure what they were expecting.

Call me silly, but i like his suit and overall light and funny tone of his character. I don't mind put him next to Superman. Should looks cool enough.

Not sure it will make a billion but I'm sure it will be huge.....this thing about a film needing to make a billion to be considered good/successful is getting silly.

A Hot Toys Shazam is probably the #1 figure I'd be excited about this year...I'm sure Endgame will bring some fun goodies to the Hot Toys table, and possibly the Joaquin Joker movie as well...

What will keep me from buying a HT SHAZAM figure is the restrictive rubber body suit they'll put the figure in, all but eliminating more dynamic poses and be ripe for deterioration down the road.

Back