Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

Last year's SDCC exclusive (Mark IV Secret Project) which was an easy repaint of a previously released figure, was offered @ $214.99, and this year's Rescue Cap - a figure which has never been released previously - comes in at $219.99.

At any rate, $200 is a steep price to pay for a glorified action figure, but if one were to compare this year's and last year's offering, I don't think there is much to complain about the price. I'm just glad they didn't decide to charge something like $239.99 for this figure.

As dumb as this might sound, I'm not complaining about the price. I knew Cap would be expensive. But comparing that price to what they offered up today is like :dunno. Someone said it earlier, but face it, Cap is nothing more in this version than a glorified GI Joe. HT could have killed it by including the USO, but they'll milk that one as well.

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

S..H...I....T....E

My only wish, though unlikely as it is to happen, was that Sideshow could give a percentage of the proceeds from this figure to some kind of fund for WWII veterans...would have been a nice gesture and would make anyone buying this feel better knowing that they're contributing to a good cause (I know I would!).

:goodpost: I argee 100% on this with the po opening the day before 4th of july too. That would have been a nice thing to do, I would have payed an extra 10 bucks for that to happen!

Ugh... why isn't this eligible for reward point use? :(

Its the hair when he has the helmet on he is fine its when its off that he looks less and less like chris

I think HT were going for this look:

chris-evans-captain-america-21.jpg

And if you compare it to this:
487386_391603350901661_933760278_n.jpg

It seems to me that HT's sculpt looked pretty close (in terms of the size and shape of his eyes, nose, eyebrows and the rest...even his jawbone imo) to the actual but somehow, something still seems a little off :slap

Maybe it's the bottom portion of his eyes? HT's one seemed circular where the actual is more of a straight line.

:exactly: this is actually a great sculpt when you look at this comparison.

So this is 219.99 how much is it with shipping in total? Anyone???And can you ise that 15$ gift card on him????

So this is 219.99 how much is it with shipping in total? Anyone???And can you ise that 15$ gift card on him????

to canada, Shipping was an additional $28 :monkey4

So it'll have to be cheaper than that since your are in the US.

And you can't use the $15 SDCC promo code unfortuately. Which kinda sucks since this is a SDCC exclusive

Ordered. :panic:

anyone know if we can order multiples?? ordered one already, but I wanna get one for a pal's birthday...

thoughts??
-r.

I purchased mine, the head looks better I think than the Avengers head, but I think the hair color is too dark.

one per household, according to sideshow.

Ordered. I'm just glad they didn't cancel this guy like the Loki from 'THOR'. Will look aces on the shelf with TFA Cap and Red Skull. :)

Want this but also want the Red Skull. Can only get one, which one would you get?

Personally I like this better. Plus red skull will be around longer and maybe pick it down the road cheaper even.

Get friends to order for you. That's what Im going to do to get a second one.

Back