Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

Yeah I did'nt get my email confirmation ether on this or the amazing spiderman:( it is on my sideshow account and I also requested an extra e-mail to be sent but nothing.

Same here, ordered Spiderman & this - no email. Re-tried sending via my account & again nothing. Funny thing is if I try to send it to my google email account that I rarely use it gets there - weird. I thought it was just me. I'm also not getting the newsletter anymore but that stopped about 6 months ago. Contacted sideshow who are looking into the news letter.

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

Same here, ordered Spiderman & this - no email. Re-tried sending via my account & again nothing. Funny thing is if I try to send it to my google email account that I rarely use it gets there - weird. I thought it was just me. I'm also not getting the newsletter anymore but that stopped about 6 months ago. Contacted sideshow who are looking into the news letter.

A bit obvious, but did you check you're spam box.
Gmail tends to put alot of my newsletter in the spam box for some reason.

A bit obvious, but did you check you're spam box.
Gmail tends to put alot of my newsletter in the spam box for some reason.

definitely, first thing i checked.

Don't agree with you there. Have you seen the youtube videos of UPS/Fedex drivers handling some packages? Just because you're paying more doesn't mean drivers who get the same base hourly wage give a ____

:exactly::exactly:

Fedex is normally very good in my area.

UPS always lost my package or somehow delayed my stuff. They always said they were here and I am not home but I have been sitting next to the window the whole day working... LOL

DHL is by far the WORST. Everytime I get a package from them, it is totally destroyed, be it an envelope or a box. I would never use them, but unfortunately some of my clients in the US do, and the worst is Amazon Japan uses them to ship internationally so I have no choice.

I like the look of this figure but I prefer the Avengers costume and the First Avenger costume much more. Hence, I'll save some money this time.

Ordered thanks :) can't wait to get this.

4941194122_2a5d372876.jpg

Kinda reminds me of Nick Cage...

I think HT were going for this look:

chris-evans-captain-america-21.jpg

And if you compare it to this:
487386_391603350901661_933760278_n.jpg

It seems to me that HT's sculpt looked pretty close (in terms of the size and shape of his eyes, nose, eyebrows and the rest...even his jawbone imo) to the actual but somehow, something still seems a little off :slap

Maybe it's the bottom portion of his eyes? HT's one seemed circular where the actual is more of a straight line.

That pic comparison is great. Its not 100%, but VERY close. The hair is what I think throws it off.

That pic comparison is great. Its not 100%, but VERY close. The hair is what I think throws it off.

Yeah. I believe it is the hair color, but this could be due to lighting. I have faith that this sculpt is going to look so much better in hand.

Yeah based on that comparison it's hard to find any major fault with the sculpt...maybe if they fixed the hair and the bottom portion of the eyes a little it'll look much closer.

I'm really eagerly anticipating the day this figure arrives at my doorstep!

Yeah based on that comparison it's hard to find any major fault with the sculpt...maybe if they fixed the hair and the bottom portion of the eyes a little it'll look much closer.

I'm really eagerly anticipating the day this figure arrives at my doorstep!

Looking at those pics I think the likeness is pretty close too. Not spot on but close.

The references to Cage are just crazy though. :lol

Looking at those pics I think the likeness is pretty close too. Not spot on but close.

The references to Cage are just crazy though. :lol

Agreed! Likeness to Keanu Reeves I can get (somewhat), but Cage just seemed out of the question!

yeah agreed. I bet someone with talent here will resculpt the hair, and people will go crazy for it

I don't know, I like it..but I'm starting to question if I really need it. It's not a complete knock out for me, though it is nice. I'm already getting so much HT's stuff this year as it is.

I don't know, I like it..but I'm starting to question if I really need it. It's not a complete knock out for me, though it is nice. I'm already getting so much HT's stuff this year as it is.

I'm getting to be in the same boat. Initially I passed just based on price, but now I'm starting to rethink it alittle. It's not the most epic look for the character, but it is pretty nice. I think I'm just hung-up on the $200+, if we were looking at $190, I wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Though with everything else getting delayed more and more, I may have better finances for this year. At this point if Thor and BW are anything like Fury and Hawkeye, they could be pushed back enough that I could use next year's tax return money on them.

I'm getting to be in the same boat. Initially I passed just based on price, but now I'm starting to rethink it alittle. It's not the most epic look for the character, but it is pretty nice. I think I'm just hung-up on the $200+, if we were looking at $190, I wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Though with everything else getting delayed more and more, I may have better finances for this year. At this point if Thor and BW are anything like Fury and Hawkeye, they could be pushed back enough that I could use next year's tax return money on them.

Yeah, exactly. At this point I'm hanging on because I figure a lot of the Avengers figures are going to get pushed back. I doubt we'll see Iron Man or Hulk until Spring at best. So I'm just going to wait and see how long Rescue is delayed, lol.

This is RIDDICK's PS of the Angry head-and-hair, with the Rescue' mouth...it looks actually pretty good...!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4611452&postcount=1561

That looks great, I'd be over the moon the with that head sculpt. It seem so simple, yet difficult. I guess I'll have to try to get an extra Rescue head sculpt for modifying. :pray:

Back