Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

Love it, but the head sculpt looks nothing like Chris Evans. I'm not usually that picky with the heads but this is just a big miss.

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

The more i see the side by sides the more I see Evans but there is just something off a bit with it. Maybe in the eyes...I'm not sure. I do see a lot of Chris in it now though.

Its the hair and the jaw line which are throwing it off. Both are obscured perfectly in that pic

Well, even though I assume this is the final figure, it does still say prototype in the pictures. So maybe we'll get something better? Though I'm doubtful.

Man I'm excited for this. I really hope that it is coming in 2-3 weeks :pray:

It just boggles my mind that people don't see Chris Evans. :dunno

but why should I be so surprised...this is the Freaks site :lol

Cevans.jpg

Even though I really like it and totally see Evans in it there are couple of things I think are a touch off.

One is the lips. The lips are sculpted accurate but the paint has them fading out instead of having a hard line that runs the bottom.

Another is the eye brows. They look to long to me. Again another paint problem. They are painted like what we think they should look like instead of how his really are.

Face texture. I think the production paint app will have a more defined texture that is not evident in the proto. At least they usually do.

Neck is too thick. Evans has a pencil neck. Probably should have not gone with the muscle body. Would have been great to have a body with a sculpted into plastic neck. Like DX Sparrow and Mech Test Tony.

Eyes look to be a little thin. He has bigger eyes in that picture. He is a dream boat after all.

They also appeared to have straightened his nose. Can't really tell because there are no real good straight on shots, but HT usually fixes some of the actors imperfections.

Turned into more then a couple but I think those are the areas I see off a touch. I still feel this is a great Evans especially from certain angles.

Just my opinion.

Well, even though I assume this is the final figure, it does still say prototype in the pictures. So maybe we'll get something better? Though I'm doubtful.

3 weeks from shipment? Doubt there will be any change.

That's the HT pic where I think the Evans sculpt is strongest. Problem is, the other pics really aren't as strong. But what can you do? Not enough to stop me from purchasing, but I'm not overly super hyped about getting it either. Being an SDCC exclusive was a bit of a push towards purchasing as well. Don't want to try getting it later on Ebay.

Maybe its just the way people act on here it just seems like their expectations are so high that no matter what they are never satisfied with anything, but yet they still buy them. Its a very strange cycle of behavior reading about others collecting habits with these figures. Plus its all in the eye of the beholder. You get comments from both extremes either people think a sculpt is an amazing likeness to others think it looks nothing like them.

It just all comes down to your own personal opinion and that its really kind of silly to care what others think. I collect them because i love the characters and movies, i just never get caught up in the 100% accuracy because i see them as just collectible toys, not movie props. Im not trying to re-create movies with them, they are just for display and to look at for me & friends who might like to look at them at my place. LoL. I love that they try to get them as accurate as possible, and i just highly respect these artists for their incredible talent. Just going to leave the arguing to others who like to argue on the internet :lol :)

:clap:exactly:

I think this is the worst looking figure yet.

@morphosis: Agreed!

Personally, for me, it's all about lighting and angles.

I've seen "studio" pics that make the figures sculpt look like crap(Avengers Thor, anyone? Though they were forced to change it later on), yet when you get them in-hand and or seen "in-hand" pics, the figure(s) itself look totally different.

The only Hot Toys figures Ive seen that looks good taken in both styles is the regular TFA Captain America and TDK Batman .

Granted, I do have some problems with this figure such as the shield looks alittle small and there should be a no "helmet-hair" headsculpt to go along with other one. Or atleast do like they did with the original Thor's hair(s).

The price, I can understand. Especially with it being an exclusive(And an SDCC one at that), which means it's only going to go up higher in price as time goes on. And I'd consider Captain America a lot more popular than some obscure Predator that the majority of people barely remember from the movies.

If I were you guys, I'd get it while it's still "cheap", since I have yet to see a HT Marvel figure stay cheap for long(And believe me, Iron Man MK V and Unleashed Mark II will go up in price, it's only a matter of time).

I wonder what would happen if someone just photoshopped Evans' face onto the sculpt.....:rotfl

I wonder what would happen if someone just photoshopped Evans' face onto the sculpt.....:rotfl

Some goobers would still say "it looks nothing at all like Evans".

I think it looks good, looks like evans, its probably just the lighting making it look funny, even though i dont think it looks weird to start with lol.
I am still contemplating getting this, but only because im waiting for Hulk and IM MK VII to be revealed first to determine if ill get all the Avengers or not...
ahh decisions decisions......

Just sent this enquiry to Sideshow:

"Hello,

I would like to send in a little suggestion for your consideration with regards to the SDCC 2012 exclusive 1/6 Hot Toys Captain America Rescue Version. I noticed that Sideshow have made pre-orders available since the 3rd July, which coincidentally is one day before Independence Day.

I was just thinking that, to commemorate the efforts of our WWII veterans, and all of the hardships and tough conditions they have been through, wouldn't it be nice if Sideshow were to donate a percentage of the proceeds from this figure to some fund for the WWII veterans? I believe Hot Toys did this with the Christopher Reeve Superman figure, and I think it would be really great if Sideshow does something like that too.

I think there will never be another release quite like this on or near Independence Day for some time, where a figure coincides so much with a national event. Hence, I would like to put forth this suggestion while the opportunity is still there. In my opinion, many folks would also feel better about their purchase knowing that some of their money will be channeled towards a greater cause.

Nevertheless, this is just a suggestion and I'd still want to thank Sideshow for bringing this awesome figure stateside."

I never felt so moved to do something like this before...hopefully SS returns with a positive response :)

I don't know what magical F-ing light you people think will make this look like Evans but I'd like to see it.

If you were to just see this sculpt not knowing who its supposed to be there is no goddamn way anyone would come up with Chris Evans

3 weeks from shipment? Doubt there will be any change.

Definitely, aren't the heads hand painted? I'm sure if they wanna have them in their U.S warehouse and ready to ship in 3 weeks they should be in the final stages of manufacturing by now, if not already all completed and on it's way to the states.

Does anyone how many units they usually make for comic con? 3,000?

Sort of. My understanding is, the artists use templates.

Back