Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

Just sent this enquiry to Sideshow:

"Hello,

I would like to send in a little suggestion for your consideration with regards to the SDCC 2012 exclusive 1/6 Hot Toys Captain America Rescue Version. I noticed that Sideshow have made pre-orders available since the 3rd July, which coincidentally is one day before Independence Day.

I was just thinking that, to commemorate the efforts of our WWII veterans, and all of the hardships and tough conditions they have been through, wouldn't it be nice if Sideshow were to donate a percentage of the proceeds from this figure to some fund for the WWII veterans? I believe Hot Toys did this with the Christopher Reeve Superman figure, and I think it would be really great if Sideshow does something like that too.

I think there will never be another release quite like this on or near Independence Day for some time, where a figure coincides so much with a national event. Hence, I would like to put forth this suggestion while the opportunity is still there. In my opinion, many folks would also feel better about their purchase knowing that some of their money will be channeled towards a greater cause.

Nevertheless, this is just a suggestion and I'd still want to thank Sideshow for bringing this awesome figure stateside."

I never felt so moved to do something like this before...hopefully SS returns with a positive response :)

Outstanding!:clap

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

Maybe its just the way people act on here it just seems like their expectations are so high that no matter what they are never satisfied with anything, but yet they still buy them. Its a very strange cycle of behavior reading about others collecting habits with these figures. Plus its all in the eye of the beholder. You get comments from both extremes either people think a sculpt is an amazing likeness to others think it looks nothing like them.

It just all comes down to your own personal opinion and that its really kind of silly to care what others think. I collect them because i love the characters and movies, i just never get caught up in the 100% accuracy because i see them as just collectible toys, not movie props. Im not trying to re-create movies with them, they are just for display and to look at for me & friends who might like to look at them at my place. LoL. I love that they try to get them as accurate as possible, and i just highly respect these artists for their incredible talent. Just going to leave the arguing to others who like to argue on the internet :lol :)

While I agree with everything you state, I think there is a place for those folks who make noise about their displeasure of the figures. No one is exactly sure how much influence we have over HT's final products. But I'm sure it's made a difference somewhere in at least a couple of the hundreds of figures they've made since their existence.

I've stated before that I'm not as picky as most on this site. I've always been easy in that I've liked all the figures I've wanted (and purchased) that HT has produced. If I don't like figure, I simply don't buy it. However, if HT is influenced by some of the comments, I do benefit in the end on the figures I purchase if they make corrections based off of those suggestions.

So while I do get and agree with your point, don't underestimate the difference that some of the folks on here may have (or had) on HTs.

Sort of. My understanding is, the artists use templates.

I wonder if they're painted similar to how less complex figures are done.
Good Smile Company had a posted some pics about their production
https://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan-e/entry-10736119736.html

Painting Hot Toys figures would probably be alot more complex though.

Even though I really like it and totally see Evans in it there are couple of things I think are a touch off.

One is the lips. The lips are sculpted accurate but the paint has them fading out instead of having a hard line that runs the bottom.

Another is the eye brows. They look to long to me. Again another paint problem.
They are painted like what we think they should look like instead of how his really are.

Face texture. I think the production paint app will have a more defined texture that is not evident in the proto.
At least they usually do.

Eyes look to be a little thin. He has bigger eyes in that picture. He is a dream boat after all.

They also appeared to have straightened his nose.
Can't really tell because there are no real good straight on shots, but HT usually fixes some of the actors imperfections.

Turned into more then a couple but I think those are the areas I see off a touch.
I still feel this is a great Evans especially from certain angles.

Just my opinion.

Not only yours. Great post :lecture

What I meant was, what we are seeing here might not be fully representative of what we get. As in, it might not be a final production sample either. Since it does say prototype on the photos still. Hot Toys released the first image what.. eight or more months ago? These photos we are seeing now could be older as well. Just a thought. I wasn't saying they were going to make changes.

When i was new to HT I liked complain posts,
you get to really see what's what from the critics

What I meant was, what we are seeing here might not be fully representative of what we get. As in, it might not be a final production sample either. Since it does say prototype on the photos still. Hot Toys released the first image what.. eight or more months ago? These photos we are seeing now could be older as well. Just a thought. I wasn't saying they were going to make changes.

true enough. We won't know until some in hand pics start surfacing.

Not pooping on the party, but the likeness is awful.

yah thats the other thing, see i don't care what they look like photographed because im not using them for photographic purposes.:lol Most of us aren't either unless people like to take photos of them to share on a site like this. I just never really cared for doing that myself.... And i 100% agree that they look very different in-hand because we aren't looking at in hand with a digital camera zoom lens LoL.

Pricing also doesnt bother me. They are what they are. Like ive said before, someday i might get out-priced and so be it. Ill move on. Ill survive :lol. But i think its kind of funny that people who do complain about pricing, im willing to bet a lot of them who do complain have sold at least 1 figure in their life and made a hefty profit. So i find a lot of hypocrisy where its ok for the fans/consumer to sell and make profits, but its not ok for HTs to make profits. And the fact is, none of us really know their profit margin because none of us work at HTs.

Things go up in price on a daily basis, just a fact of life.:lol

Several good points there Morph. Things always look better when you actually have it in front of you. One of these is movie Thor. Some pictures make him look positively terrible, but up close it's one of my favourite figures.

As for costs, well, the price hikes come in all fields, it's all part of living in a free market economy, the seller will charge exactly what they think they will get away with. You simply accept that that's how it is designed to work and either pay or not, buy it or not.

It is a bit confusing and seems to happen a lot. How can anyone generate real enthusiasm for a product they keep ragging on :dunno and then buy it anyway? That seems counter-intuitive to me...?

For me personally , it's 'as simple as'. If I like it, I buy it. I find it very hard to be negative about a figure I am about to shell out anywhere between 180 to 250 notes on. I mean, I would love to PO the Amazing Spiderman figure but I am already committed to my Darth Maul and Avengers Flexs so I just cannot stretch things that far...I know that Hulk and IM VII are going to appear soon and I need some room to incorporate these somewhere. If ASM were added, one of the Avengers would have to go until well into next year.

I have no choice but to gamble on the 'wont sell out soon' option. I am more reassured that excellent figures like the Superman, DX08 and DX09 and LOKI are still available, so it too could be worse.

I've got a hot toys rock for sale...only $500. I thought some of you might be interested

Not the worst for sure, but certainly not the best either.

Yeah one of the WORST attempts of a sculpt.....looks like a human being but Evans......HA HA HA HA HA HA

and it's not "lighting" or "angle".....it's AWFUL

I've got a hot toys rock for sale...only $500. I thought some of you might be interested

Oh, oh... I want it! HT is doing WWE?! :panic:

Oh wait a minute..... You're being sarcastic, aren't you. :gah:

(Going back under my rock now....:monkey1)

Back