Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

I am glad to get this over the avengers version, I figure I already got captain in his classic outfit, now I will have him in classic ww2 gear too. By the way I wonder it the captain america leatard he is wearing under the army bdu's is a full uniform or if it is just the shirt?

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

I am glad to get this over the avengers version, I figure I already got captain in his classic outfit, now I will have him in classic ww2 gear too. By the way I wonder it the captain america leatard he is wearing under the army bdu's is a full uniform or if it is just the shirt?

I believe it's just the shirt and even that, only half of it.

From SS's site:
"One (1) blue tee with white star on chest"

No stripes mentioned apparently haha..

If there was a full outfit underneath it would be worth the price. This was my favorite look in the film but the price is just too high in my opinion.

I believe it's just the shirt and even that, only half of it.

From SS's site:
"One (1) blue tee with white star on chest"

No stripes mentioned apparently haha..

Thats kinda lame at this price, Not a deal breaker cause the outfit is badazz but would have been nice to have though. I think it will be the full shirt but no pants I guess. Also the body that came with the first CA was fully articulated right, but this one is the woverine type muscle body I guess, wonder why they changed it as both are fully clothed figures. I do like the wolverine body so I'm not complaining just wondering.

I think with 1/6 scale figures, if they were to include the whole uso outfit under the rescue outfit, it would make the outfit too bulky. I think it wasn't until the DX 2.0 Joker that HT were able to tailor the figure's multi-layers of clothes to be more closely-fitted to the body. Even that was done with the help of Kato, apparently an expert in costume design for action figures (& no doubt probably one of the reasons why the DX 11 is so much more expensive than the DX01!).

I'm guessing that without Kato's help, if HT were to attempt to include the whole uso outfit with this release, it will end up looking like the Red Skull with his black overcoat on...way too bulky imo.

The current release's outfit has a nice amount of bulk to it imo...and the only adjustment I would make at this point is the HS. Everything else looks great!

Thats true, and the fact that you don't get the red boots would make the outfit kinda a waste anyway. You could always use the captain action captain america outfit to recreate that look I guess anyway if one wanted to.

damn you HT, you're killin' me. Better go sell more plasma...

I also agree the hair is off with this one. I think if HT lightens the color, it should be just fine. As for Riddick's CA photoshop = PERFECT! :yess:

We should email Hot toys and see if they would make the outfit and sell it separately. Mask, outfit, boots, gloves.
I'm doing it right now.

Theres noting like dressing up your figures (dollies), right guys.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS18? - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

I don't see Evans at all in that sculpt :dunno Hopefully some closeups will change my mind

Is he really this hard to sculpt? I don't see ANY Evans in this sculpt, Hot Toys should start scanning the actors heads. Then nobody can argue likeness anymore. This face is very off.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys – MMS18? - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

Is he really this hard to sculpt? I don't see ANY Evans in this sculpt, Hot Toys should start scanning the actors heads. Then nobody can argue likeness anymore. This face is very off.

That's because it looks very little like Evans (it has some features, but certainly not enough to call that a sculpting success). Those who say that they "totally see Evans" in that sculpt should have they eyes checked. But hey, if they want to convince themselves that this is a really good Evans sculpt, then by all means...Sometimes I wish I had this ability. It would make my life a lot easier.

We should email Hot toys and see if they would make the outfit and sell it separately. Mask, outfit, boots, gloves.
I'm doing it right now.

Theres noting like dressing up your figures (dollies), right guys.

has anybody tried to use the Captain Action - Captain America costume?

20362d1310056678-exclusive-captain-action-interview-1cap2.jpg

I messed around with it, this is it on the aci andrew body, note at this time there is no head under the mask. I currently have the ttm18 head on it but no pics right now.

has anybody tried to use the Captain Action - Captain America costume?

20362d1310056678-exclusive-captain-action-interview-1cap2.jpg

If you put that horrible outift on a gorgeous HT body, it would disrupt the natural flow of the world and create a time-space paradox that could destroy the entire universe... or it would just look really stupid.

I know it looks ridiculous, but keep in mind so did Evans in the USO costume

captain-america-uso-tour-chris-evans.jpg

LOL! Agreed! :rotfl

Now lets go out and buy some war bonds! :nana::wink1:

Last edited:

Personally i think the thing throwing the likeness off is the neck, i know it sounds daft but if you look at the head shot you can see the neck puffing out at the side due to it being a seperate HS and it's just making him look like he's got a super fat neck

Straight on that would look fine n dandy, no worries in this corner

I ended up cancelling mine. I think it's a complete joke when this cost $220 and the next day SS offers up 2 SW figs together for $160.

Last year's SDCC exclusive (Mark IV Secret Project) which was an easy repaint of a previously released figure, was offered @ $214.99, and this year's Rescue Cap - a figure which has never been released previously - comes in at $219.99.

At any rate, $200 is a steep price to pay for a glorified action figure, but if one were to compare this year's and last year's offering, I don't think there is much to complain about the price. I'm just glad they didn't decide to charge something like $239.99 for this figure.

My only wish, though unlikely as it is to happen, was that Sideshow could give a percentage of the proceeds from this figure to some kind of fund for WWII veterans...would have been a nice gesture and would make anyone buying this feel better knowing that they're contributing to a good cause (I know I would!).

Last edited:
Back