Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

Ever since it was announced with that little teaser pic that was pulled I had been looking forward to this figure. Unfortunately I'm not at all impressed.

I know the USO costume was debunked a while back but for some reason I was still holding out. Where is the value in this thing? It's just a figure, a gun and a shield. That's $220 plus? That's outrageous to me. Sadly, that seems to be the norm. I can't wait until the average MSRP for regular 1/6 figures is $300.

This was THE Cap for me, the one I was really interested in but I don't think I can commit. I don't think I would feel too good paying that much for such a skimpy release. I like the helmet, I LOVE the 40s shield but I don't see how this warrants the price tag. Maybe if a second head was included along with USO gear, but, nah, this doesn't cut it.

If I am following the "wisdom" of some in this thread your openly admitting you cannot afford the piece thus all the criticism of the product, price tag and company. You couldn't possibly be serious in your thoughts about the figure. I think I got it right, shame on you..... :)

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

I'm a capitalist and I love profit. I don't blame HT for getting as much as they can. They have the numbers of whats sold and the market will determine their limit. I have yet to hear of anyone who has ever told their boss "No I don't want any more money, I make enough already".
Its expensive. Its probably a LOT of profit. Good for them.
I'm on the fence about ordering. I'm getting the Skull. If I have a good month and he's still available I'll get him this Cap too. I think I'll wait for the Cap 2 figure instead of Avengers though.

Not surprised at all, and it will be even more expensive soon.

And for those who hate on HotToys for their price increases, personally i think some of the blame should be given towards scalpers. If i was HTs and saw that scalpers can get $600 for a last years Batman Exclusive before its even shipped or up for official PO, then heck yah, I would be raising my prices. Would you rather pay $600 through ebay or $224 through SSC?

i don't imagine many people actually buy the figures at those prices, sellers may list them for those prices, doesn't mean people pay them.

I've seen rare 3A figures listed for $1800, don't imagine that sold.

Not surprised at all, and it will be even more expensive soon.

And for those who hate on HotToys for their price increases, personally i think some of the blame should be given towards scalpers. If i was HTs and saw that scalpers can get $600 for a last years Batman Exclusive before its even shipped or up for official PO, then heck yah, I would be raising my prices. Would you rather pay $600 through ebay or $224 through SSC?

But i firmly believe all the licensing, production & manufacturing costs is what mostly drives prices up.

People can cry all they want if they think HTs is being greedy, but every single toy company has raised their prices over the years mostly because of production/manufacturing costs. Tons of the smaller toys have had price increases over the years. $10 toys are now $15. $15 toys are now $20, etc etc...

This is so true. Case in point: transformers. Tiny Deluxe class figures used to be under $10 now they're $12.50-$14.99, voyager class now reaching $30 when they used to be $20, leader class reaching $50-$60 when they used to be $40. And with all those price increases, the product has gotten smaller, easier to transform (I prefer complexity) and with less paint apps. All prices are going up not just HT.

I personally feel that each new HT figure I've gotten, the paint or the cut and sewn and even the sculpts have just been better, granted though with the price increase I haven been buying much lately but for awhile it seemed to be a trend, each figure looked better than the last

i don't imagine many people actually buy the figures at those prices, sellers may list them for those prices, doesn't mean people pay them.

I've seen rare 3A figures listed for $1800, don't imagine that sold.

Members here were actually buying the TF EX Batman at $600 just to have it right now instead of waiting for SSC to get them. crazy ppl buy them for crazy prices. Or just rich ppl with too much money to care :lol

If you compare HT's products to that of Medicom or Enterbay, I would think that even at current prices, HT's seems to be of more value. It seems HT is the only company capable of translating the quality of their 1/6 prototypes to the mass produced versions.

Pretty ____ty likeness IMO. Still going to pre-order like the Cap sucker I am

I pre-ordered. I don't mind the sculpt at all, and I like the overall look of the figure. I think it'll look great on the shelf with all my marvel movie HT figures

I just realized that I didn't get an e-mail confirmation for Cap.
First Bossk now Cap?
What the Hell Sideshow?!?
Anyone else have this problem too?

I just realized that I didn't get an e-mail confirmation for Cap.
First Bossk now Cap?
What the Hell Sideshow?!?
Anyone else have this problem too?

Nope. Got an email within a few seconds of ordering.

As long as your order shows in your SS account, the email doesn't matter.

Funny in 2009 people forget Wolverine was 189.99 retail. Three years later there have been several new HTs retail at 189. I think design and sculpts are far better now than in 2009.

I don't like the price increases myself and anyone who says they do is lying or crazy. That said I'm not gunna complain to much cause I still buy them cause they are the best there is out there. As far as wolverine I think I payed 169.00 at bbts when they were first released.

Got mine :dunno

Remember fellow FREAKS, request the "Pack-out" option when you receive your packing out status. The best $10 you can spend to ensure a MIB arriving and not some UPS, Canada Post nightmare :lecture

Yeah, yeah I know CSC, BTS, and others offer this without paying extra, but will they get this in stock? :monkey1

Yeah I did'nt get my email confirmation ether on this or the amazing spiderman:( it is on my sideshow account and I also requested an extra e-mail to be sent but nothing.

Got mine :dunno

Remember fellow FREAKS, request the "Pack-out" option when you receive your packing out status. The best $10 you can spend to ensure a MIB arriving and not some UPS, Canada Post nightmare :lecture

Yeah, yeah I know CSC, BTS, and others offer this without paying extra, but will they get this in stock? :monkey1

Mine always seem to arrive just fine here in Edmonton without a packout :nana:

Mine always seem to arrive just fine here in Edmonton without a packout :nana:

Thats becase they send them up in the Lettuce truck, lots of padding:rotfl

...whereas on the West-Coast, they send ours packed with the illegal guns and cocaine shipments, things get jostled a bit.:mad:

Thats becase they send them up in the Lettuce truck, lots of padding:rotfl

...whereas on the West-Coast, they send ours packed with the illegal guns and cocaine shipments, things get jostled a bit.:mad:

Actually, that is because they insisted on using Fedex Ground that costs a fortune, and also MUST declare the package through customs and pay full duty and taxes PLUS Fedex charges us another $15 bucks for handling the paperwork. That is why we got the stuff in a good condition coz it is delivered by courier.

And that is also the only reason why I am not getting this figure. I will probably shell out $220 for it even I think it is way overpriced for what is there, but with the added expenses boosted it up to about $280 in the end and it is really not worth that much.

And to those who keep saying HT must be paying a large amount on licensing hence the price hike - the license is royalty based and is always just a fixed percentage of the sales they made, and never really a fixed amount. So that is not a reason to jack up the price. However, if a licensee decided to offer a higher amount so that licensor would consider their offer over others (to beat out the competition), then it is a different story.

Material cost is higher, but not at the rate that these figures are going up. We are talking about $50 to $75 jump on the retail price, that is at least 25% more for the past year. No, the material cost does not jump 25%.

I will keep buying as much as I can afford to. But what all these manufacturers are doing is really testing the limit of how much we will shell out for our hobby, and we only have ourselves to blame for the unreasonable price hike as we did tell them "YES! BRING IT ON! WE WILL KEEP BUYING!"

(The above is not bashing HT. I am stating it in general in terms of 1/6 figures price hike)

Actually, that is because they insisted on using Fedex Ground that costs a fortune, and also MUST declare the package through customs and pay full duty and taxes PLUS Fedex charges us another $15 bucks for handling the paperwork. That is why we got the stuff in a good condition coz it is delivered by courier.

Don't agree with you there. Have you seen the youtube videos of UPS/Fedex drivers handling some packages? Just because you're paying more doesn't mean drivers who get the same base hourly wage give a ____

Back