Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got mine coming in the mail today...super excited! It was a long debate between this and a FO stormtroopers but this guy has the soft spot!

I've got mine coming in the mail today...super excited! It was a long debate between this and a FO stormtroopers but this guy has the soft spot!

You-Have-Chosen-Wisely.jpg

There are replacement buttons in the pegs bag. But do what I did, and use a sewing pin, see my mod a few posts above. Much better than what HT thought of doing

What he said...and I added a tiny drop of 5 minute epoxy on the backside for each pin to pad the sharp edge and hold the pins in place.

Mine is on the way too! Waited long enough & dont want to kick myself when he sells out and is going for scalper prices.

Just need a FO trooper now and I'll feel pretty complete on my trooper collection :) (until the SS AT-AT driver hits that is)

This figure is just amazing...got mine in the mail about an hour and a half ago and I just love him! So far the only problem mine has had is the button missing, of course! How do they intend for you to put the replacement buttons on, anyways? I noticed the button mod, but I don't have any pins around the house. So as a temporary fix, what kind of glue would be best for the buttons?

I tried to redo my moisture vaporator dio to match a more identical scene of Tatooine.

Here's some updates with my HT Sandtrooper:

I tried to make walls look like these:

I'm thinking about making a base model and then let everyone detail it themselves....but then that means a repaint and that may not be attractive to people. The thing is I am not a scratch builder from plastic, I scratch built from grabbing items and cutting them and making them work....maybe I should look into doing another cheaper version?

A few people have pinged me for a commission....I really want to make a couple for people to enjoy. Flattered anyone would want one, but that's what his is about, right?

guess I got ultra lucky! missing pin on shoulder AND broken shoulder pack (made it half way up the arm with no over stretching and then snap!)

why didn't they just package him with it on? or make a different kind of strap or make them a little more loose? they had to know this was going to be an issue!
View attachment 247799

This figure is just amazing...got mine in the mail about an hour and a half ago and I just love him! So far the only problem mine has had is the button missing, of course! How do they intend for you to put the replacement buttons on, anyways? I noticed the button mod, but I don't have any pins around the house. So as a temporary fix, what kind of glue would be best for the buttons?

Do this instead:

If you look at my HT Sandtrooper pics above (post #2208) you can see that the little brass snap button at the front of the pauldron on the strap is missing. Mine fell off when I brought the figure out to photograph it, and thus it is somewhere in the yard, but never bothered to look for it. I found better (replacement) buttons. I also removed the back button too and threw it away. Instead of those crappy glued buttons I did something very simple but extremely effective: I too 2 pins like the ones in the pic below, inserted them all the way through the pauldron and simply cut the needle part of it close to the button. This way the remaining needle part is holding the button just fine and it also will not fall off like the original ones.

pinneedle.jpg

pauldron_pin.jpg

I'm gonna give that a shot! Thanks my friend. Only thing I didn't like about this figure was that lol other than that this thing rocks;

I'm totally digin' these sandies. Kinda torn tho as to what figure I want this month. It's between sandy or SSC R2...

Back