Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually wasn't too excited when I got this so I left him in the box for a while but after I got him out and started putting him together I really got to appreciate him. I actually considered just keeping my SS Sandie instead but not now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was thinking the same thing regarding the stands. Definitely adds a lot more to the figures.

Even Kylo Ren I think would look good on one of those stands, as well as a couple of FO Stormies to represent the beginning scene in TFA when they were massacring the village on Jakku.

Just got done doing this to my pauldron and it looks much better; one of the original snaps fell off when I breathed on it and the other took a tiny poke with my finger. Because the backside of the pin was sharp when I cut it off I added a tiny dot of 15 minute epoxy to hold the pins in place and pad the sharp edge...looks great and will never be seen.

Glad to see it was an ok idea :) The original tiny buttons will most likely fall in time anyway

I actually wasn't too excited when I got this so I left him in the box for a while but after I got him out and started putting him together I really got to appreciate him. I actually considered just keeping my SS Sandie instead but not now.

View attachment 245945

View attachment 245946

Very cool stands Coco. The moment the other 2 Sandies are released by HT I'll be getting 3 stands. BTW do you include the holding pole too? I have some extra crotch grabbers no problem here, but HT and SSC poles are different (round vs square), so not sure if they fit on the base.

Very cool stands Coco. The moment the other 2 Sandies are released by HT I'll be getting 3 stands. BTW do you include the holding pole too? I have some extra crotch grabbers no problem here, but HT and SSC poles are different (round vs square), so not sure if they fit on the base.

Yeah, those poles are included but I haven't found a source for the crotch grabbers. It took three weeks of searching to find a useable pole material. You wouldn't think it'd be difficult to find rigid black plastic tubing but it was. I like the HT sand bases but hated that they mold foot positions on them.

I wonder how long it'll be before we get some more Sandies from HT. I'd be in for two more for sure.

After the post in this thread about the missing brass button off of the pauldron I noticed mine was gone too. I picked up a pack of brass head pins from the craft store and replaced mine with one of them. Thanks to whomever posted this trick!!!

After the post in this thread about the missing brass button off of the pauldron I noticed mine was gone too. I picked up a pack of brass head pins from the craft store and replaced mine with one of them. Thanks to whomever posted this trick!!!

Glad you used this option, instead of adding the extra buttons from the mini-bag. The pins will hold so much better than the original HT buttons :)

When the other 2 Sandies will be made by HT I'll instantly replace the pauldron buttons with pins, unless HT makes them truly better.

Ok, finally broke down and ordered this. I really like it, but it's pushing me outside of trying to just collect the most basic of characters and I am feeling like stuff is getting a bit over crowded in my office. But in the end, he just kind of looked to cool to pass up and I was afraid I would regret getting this after it was sold out.

I kind of figure its easier to buy it now and display it and see how I like it and sell it later if I need to than miss out and regret it and have to pay after market prices later for it.

I don't have any other Troppers but a regular Tropper and Luke (as a Trooper) posed next to Vader. I think I will put the Sandtrooper next to an old Hasbro Speeder Bike I have and maybe pick up the Sideshow Scout to ride on it when that comes back in stock. That might make a good display of specialized Stormtroopers.

It's a great figure with lots of display options...and I didn't need tweezers to suit him up!

I really like it, but it's pushing me outside of trying to just collect the most basic of characters and I am feeling like stuff is getting a bit over crowded in my office. But in the end, he just kind of looked to cool to pass up and I was afraid I would regret getting this after it was sold out.

I kind of figure its easier to buy it now and display it and see how I like it and sell it later if I need to than miss out and regret it and have to pay after market prices later for it.
Kind of where I am with a lot of these. I'd rather buy it now, check it out, and then sell if there's not enough space or just don't feel they're necessary. Trouble is I do find it tough to sell them off as they're so nice even when not being vital (thinking of the Spacetrooper there). And on top of it you usually have to wait until they run out of stock to safely make your money back.

I went from passing on a lot of stuff to the tentative approach you describe.

Selling is a hassle, but missing out/not knowing is a bigger hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back